Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 11:38 AM

107 posts, read 225,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Yeah, but you're in that multilevel marketing and are not really a disinterested observer. You've already hit me up once on this and I think you should not be advertising here. The mods may have not seen your posts?

Now we're both probably in trouble. I own a business, too (for 20 years as of last year), based on internet marketing and I know better than to even mention it on CityData. I really don't know how you're getting away with it. Thousands of people read these forums. Hardly seems ethical.

Just my 2¢
Kara,

I "hit" you up? If I recall correctly you messaged me for more info but I see clearly now that was not because you were interested. I'll go back and edit my post. I'm not trying to be unethical at all. Thanks for your 2 cents.

Back to what I was saying. CBD oil has been very effective for me PERSONALLY and for many others. I would encourage anyone to do their own research and look for the least amount of ingredients. [mod cut - no soliciting of business]

Last edited by VTsnowbird; 08-09-2018 at 12:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 01:11 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,869,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magpiehere View Post
Please continue your updates OP. I'm desparate for something useful to offer my mum, nothing else is working anymore.

Funny you mentioned IF - I just started that last week LOL. I enjoyed the commentary of both.
This is OT, but I'm still doing IF but only one (1!) meal a day, breakfast. And vegan, no sugar, and no glass of wine with my meal. Decaf green tea or chai tea. I'm getting thinner which must happen if I get a knee replacement. I also lift weights and swim.

The CBD oil is helping: much better sleep, better mood, no neuropathy pain. I do one dropper sublingually every morning. I had surgery six years ago for Stage1 ovarian cancer, so it may even help that, or calm that fear. Eating less is life enhancing.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:38 PM

11,538 posts, read 12,558,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
This is OT, but I'm still doing IF but only one (1!) meal a day, breakfast. And vegan, no sugar, and no glass of wine with my meal. Decaf green tea or chai tea. I'm getting thinner which must happen if I get a knee replacement. I also lift weights and swim.

The CBD oil is helping: much better sleep, better mood, no neuropathy pain. I do one dropper sublingually every morning. I had surgery six years ago for Stage1 ovarian cancer, so it may even help that, or calm that fear. Eating less is life enhancing.
So you are taking it in liquid form? My doctor suggested capsules, but I would prefer liquid since I have trouble swallowing. How do I know how much to take? I would want to start with the minimum.

Old 08-09-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
So you are taking it in liquid form? My doctor suggested capsules, but I would prefer liquid since I have trouble swallowing. How do I know how much to take? I would want to start with the minimum.
Yes, liquid form. They say start with 15 drops, but I just do one dropper-ful every morning, under the tongue. But not on an empty stomach. I eat and drink something first, just a little. I've read that some people can't tolerate the taste, but it doesn't bother me. It's very grassy tasting.

I've read that you can put a packet of Truvia (or some other form of Stevia) under your tongue first and it will kill the taste. If you're not concerned about calories you could use chocolate almond milk, or any number of things.

I've been using it for about six weeks, I think, and started with two doses a day, but went down to one. Two doses gave me diarrhea (I guess it was the cause), on two occasions. So you're smart to start at the lowest dose, which I should have done. See:

CBD Oil: Benefits, Uses, & Side Effects
https://www.organicfacts.net/health-...e-effects.html

Old 09-15-2018, 10:21 AM

Thanks! I will give it a try. May I ask, where did you find the liquid form?

Old 09-15-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Thanks! I will give it a try. May I ask, where did you find the liquid form?
Bluebird Botanicals. I use the Classic:

https://bluebirdbotanicals.com/produ...4oz+-+%2479.95

They also have discounts for veterans, disabled, and low income. 40%, I think. See:

https://bluebirdbotanicals.com/assistance/

I go through a bottle in about six weeks, one dropperful a day. I also drink this in the morning with my OMAD*:

2 T Apple cider vinegar
1 T lemon juice
Dash pink Himalayan salt
1/2 t cinnamon
SweetLeaf Sweet Drops Liquid Stevia
12 oz. water over ice

If you're concerned about the acidic vinegar and lemon juice, drink with a straw.

And I'm lifting weights. I feel really good.

* Intermittent Fasting, One Meal a Day. No sugar.

Last edited by KaraZetterberg153; 09-15-2018 at 11:48 AM..

Old 09-15-2018, 10:56 PM

^Thank you.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:52 AM

To follow up on this: one of the staff at Bluebird suggested I quit taking it, to determine if I could feel the difference. I did that and then forgot that I quit taking it, and in about three days I hurt so bad at night I couldn't readily fall asleep. It then occurred to me that I had quit taking a dropperful every mornng, so I resumed taking it, and felt much better and fell asleep easily.

My conclusion is that it does help. It's well documented that it resolves issues for children with epilepsy, but while my little experiment is not scientific, it seems convincing to me.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:41 AM

885 posts, read 1,157,011 times
Just as an FYI. CBD oil is NOT regulated and the amount of CBD oil in a carrier oil may vary. There MAY be other additives also.

The same with dosage- there is no standard dosage. It is just a hit and miss on what works.

Also CBD oil MAY affect the liver and cause liver damage. It is suggested to have your doctor draw blood for liver enzymes and then monitor the enzymes periodically while CBD oil is in use. BTW- too much, or long term use of, Tylenol also causes liver damage.

I'm not against CBD oil- I'm researching it for my own use...

Old 02-07-2019, 12:05 PM

48,261 posts, read 34,376,230 times
I believe, if you buy from a dispensary and with a medical card it is regulated.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements