U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 10:09 PM

37 posts, read 7,181 times

Advertisements

I'll just mention three for now:

1) George's Always Active Aloe Vera Water Supplement(Fractionally Distilled Liquid from Aloe Vera Leaves)
I recently discovered this aloe vera water on Amazon and absolutely LOVE it. It greatly reduces my acid reflux and is absolutely tasty. It refreshes me (at either room temperature or chilled) and I can ingest it over the regular gelatinous aloe vera juice. I sometimes take a water bottle filled with the Aloe Vera water (or Maui and Sons Coconut Water) to the gym.

2) Ancient Minerals Magnesium Bath Flakes of Pure Genuine Zechstein Chloride -I never have trouble sleeping, but pouring a few handfuls of magnesium chloride flakes into a warm bath relaxes me and softens my skin like no other natural product. I don't like taking pills, so this method of transdermally receiving magnesium works best for me.

3) Navitas Naturals SuperFood powders (Acai, Cacao, Pomegranate, Lucuma, etc.) - Great tasting in smoothies and homemade baked goods. I can safely ingest without gastric distress!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 09:09 PM

304 posts, read 93,474 times
Cinnamon to lower blood sugar in my coffee to prevent Diabetes

Old 11-30-2018, 11:22 AM

3,386 posts, read 2,409,833 times
I always keep a jug of George's aloe vera on hand! It's also excellent for sore throats, we say it feels like lotion in your throat but tastes like water. You just need a little bit.

We keep Elderberry syrup on hand for flu/cold season. We mix a tiny bit with orange juice.

Arnica Montana 30c homeopathic remedy by Boiron for bruising and soreness.

Essential oils - lavender, peppermint, On Guard, Thieves, Melaleuca, Frankincense, Purification, DiGize

Old 11-30-2018, 11:53 AM

19,628 posts, read 6,500,984 times
I'll just mention my three ones I truly believe so much in and which keep me healthy:

Grape Seed Extract (Immune System and more)
Vitamin C (higher doses, Immune System and More)
And banking on the top 2 for cancer prevention.
Magnesium (overall heart and general health)

I use many supplements for my joints and keep trying on this issue to manage.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:25 AM

5,147 posts, read 9,488,780 times
Melatonin has made s big difference in helping me combat chronic insomnia...

A B-100 complex has aided in reducing pain from carpal tunnel syndrome.

And Vit. C and zinc help me fight off colds/flu during the winter.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:29 AM
Status: "If it ain't broke, update it until it is." (set 2 days ago)

13,486 posts, read 7,601,159 times
Probiotics to help with bacterial vaginosis. It seems to work.

Old 12-03-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I always keep a jug of George's aloe vera on hand! It's also excellent for sore throats, we say it feels like lotion in your throat but tastes like water. You just need a little bit.

We keep Elderberry syrup on hand for flu/cold season. We mix a tiny bit with orange juice.

Arnica Montana 30c homeopathic remedy by Boiron for bruising and soreness.

Essential oils - lavender, peppermint, On Guard, Thieves, Melaleuca, Frankincense, Purification, DiGize

Kara:

I was in Mom's Organic Market in late October. A customer rec'd Elderberry tea for this cold and flu season (I don't do flu shots).

So far, I like the tea! Where did you buy the Elderberry syrup? WF, Nature's Harvest, Amazon?

Old 12-03-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I'll just mention my three ones I truly believe so much in and which keep me healthy:

Grape Seed Extract (Immune System and more)
Vitamin C (higher doses, Immune System and More)
And banking on the top 2 for cancer prevention.
Magnesium (overall heart and general health)

I use many supplements for my joints and keep trying on this issue to manage.

Jamin:

What topical (if any) supplements do you use for joint pain? My knees are so stiff in the morning and "hum" everytime it rains due to osteoarthritis. Blue emu doesn't work. I once purchased a cream containing CBD from Essene Macrobiotic Market, Waste of $36!

I do get temporary relief with Tiger Balm, but boy does it stink, lol!!

Old 12-04-2018, 02:17 PM

1,818 posts, read 1,159,208 times
Grape seed extract (Thanks for the tip Jamin)

CBD oil

Coconut oil on my skin makes my whole body feel better (not just my skin)

I also take Organic Gelatin powder every couple of days in my coffee or hot chocolate. Helps with joint pain

Old 12-04-2018, 02:26 PM

19,628 posts, read 6,500,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Resourcer View Post
Jamin:

What topical (if any) supplements do you use for joint pain? My knees are so stiff in the morning and "hum" everytime it rains due to osteoarthritis. Blue emu doesn't work. I once purchased a cream containing CBD from Essene Macrobiotic Market, Waste of $36!

I do get temporary relief with Tiger Balm, but boy does it stink, lol!!
Everything is temporary but some last longer for me. Topricin is high on my list and I find best price on ebay as I have to stop for prices. Topricin for Pain 8 oz bottle, my last cost was $23. Love it.

Ultra Tiger Balm is great too and I often mix some Balm on top of Topricin. Balm does not stink in my mind.
Mixing a couple topicals works too, gotta be creative.

Essential oils work too: rosemary, frankinsense, tea tree oil, wintergreen and more that are for pain. Again mix with other stuff.

Do some PT to keep the knees limber, I learned so much in the rehabs and sitting on side of bed or chair and rock the legs back and forth to a count of 15, sets of 3. I do this one for sure a couple times daily. Slow deliberate rocks. Not fast but just right.

When I was in rehabs, I didn't walk for almost 3 months due to infection, so I had to start all over. It's been a long road but it is working.

PS: I just ordered a tube of arnica gel from iherb and will see how that helps knee pain and other pain, again I'll mix it with other stuff....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or