U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-11-2019, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic east coast
5,201 posts, read 9,568,884 times
Reputation: 9629

Advertisements

Curious whether any forum members have solved their arrhythmia or A-fib through supplementing with potassium, calcium and/or magnesium?

From what I've been reading, many of these irregular heartbeat issues can be caused by mineral deficiencies...and ended by supplementing with those in short supply in our bodies.

Also, I've found interesting that many common high blood pressure medications can lead to mineral depletion. Especially diuretics.

The whole subject is fascinating (to me). I've read that heart attacks are often treated with magnesium...and that many of us are deficient in this crucial mineral due to depleted soil.

Any experiences along these lines of ending arrhythmia or A-fib with mineral supplementation? Did you do it on your own or by working with your doctor and being tested for shortages?

And I do cordially invite medical professionals to express their opinions and experiences!

I'm not putting this topic in Alternative Medicine as I've found numerous articles and citations in mainstream medical journals.

Last edited by LittleDolphin; 01-11-2019 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: adding a sentence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-11-2019, 12:02 PM
 
Location: Southern California
20,655 posts, read 6,910,274 times
Reputation: 13938
I would not doubt that Many or even Most heart conditions are due to mineral deficiencies .... I keep myself optimal on minerals but not an overdoser on calcium but what I get in my foods.

Magnesium is deficient in many and I've been taking mag for many years.

I do believe a lot of the info out there on the minerals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 09:43 AM
 
Location: The Driftless Area, WI
2,140 posts, read 766,212 times
Reputation: 4435
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Curious whether any forum members have solved their arrhythmia or A-fib through supplementing with potassium, calcium and/or magnesium?

From what I've been reading, many of these irregular heartbeat issues can be caused by mineral deficiencies...and ended by supplementing with those in short supply in our bodies.

Any experiences along these lines of ending arrhythmia or A-fib with mineral supplementation? Did you do it on your own ...?

.

And I'm curious about how many of you have made dysrhythmias worse by screwing around with supplements not knowing what you were doing.

I have a special USB cord connecting the computer to a Ouiji Board so you can communicate with us.


More seriously: excessive amounts of cations like Ca, K or Mg can have deleterious effects too, so nobody with cardiac dysrhythmias should be self-treating. Luckily, normal kidneys make it tough to get too much of those minerals-- but there is a limit...Back in the late 50s there was an episode in Chicago where three people on one block all died of dysrhythmia when they borrowed salt from a neighbor who was using "salt substitute" KCl...Excess Ca or Mg can slow your heart down enough that skipped beats can sneak in and set up V Tach or even stop your heart.


True, meds like diuretics or beta blockers can affect electrolyte levels. But only take supplements after the problem is documented by blood tests and appropriate dosages are calculated....It's a Goldilocks situation: too much or too little can both be bad.

Last edited by guidoLaMoto; 01-14-2019 at 09:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 11:04 AM
 
Location: South Florida
653 posts, read 1,051,441 times
Reputation: 1971
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I would not doubt that Many or even Most heart conditions are due to mineral deficiencies .... I keep myself optimal on minerals but not an overdoser on calcium but what I get in my foods.

Magnesium is deficient in many and I've been taking mag for many years.

I do believe a lot of the info out there on the minerals.
So, if they work so well, why were you recently diagnosed with AFib? Silent Afib - Can you have it and not know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Southern California
20,655 posts, read 6,910,274 times
Reputation: 13938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmam View Post
So, if they work so well, why were you recently diagnosed with AFib? Silent Afib - Can you have it and not know
I don't fully believe that doctor's dx. I have NOT gone to a cardio MD yet and don't know if I will. At this time in my life I've arrived at where I question everything a doctor advises etc.

Alternative MD's suggest these for afib issues.

Magnesium
DRibose
L Carnitine
COQ10

https://www.hotzehwc.com/2018/07/exp...health-part-1/

Last edited by jaminhealth; 01-14-2019 at 12:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic east coast
5,201 posts, read 9,568,884 times
Reputation: 9629
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't fully believe that doctor's dx. I have NOT gone to a cardio MD yet and don't know if I will. At this time in my life I've arrived at where I question everything a doctor advises etc.

Alternative MD's suggest these for afib issues.

Magnesium
DRibose
L Carnitine
COQ10

https://www.hotzehwc.com/2018/07/exp...health-part-1/
Thanks, Jamin...

Read the interview and found it very interesting....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Southern California
20,655 posts, read 6,910,274 times
Reputation: 13938
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Thanks, Jamin...

Read the interview and found it very interesting....
I just read more of it too and I trust what is said in it. I've been taking COQ10 for years too and DRibose off and on for many years but not right now. Thinking of getting it again, but have not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2019, 09:25 PM
 
1,611 posts, read 785,820 times
Reputation: 6950
Well, at least make sure you haven't had a heart attack first...don't mess with your heart, leave it to your doctor.

"Many things can lead to, or cause, an arrhythmia, including:
  • A heart attack that's occurring right now
  • Scarring of heart tissue from a prior heart attack
  • Changes to your heart's structure, such as from cardiomyopathy
  • Blocked arteries in your heart (coronary artery disease)
  • High blood pressure
  • Overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism)
  • Underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism)
  • Smoking
  • Drinking too much alcohol or caffeine
  • Drug abuse
  • Stress
  • Certain medications and supplements, including over-the-counter cold and allergy drugs and nutritional supplements
  • Diabetes
  • Sleep apnea
  • Genetics"
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20350668
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2019, 06:56 AM
 
1,044 posts, read 554,777 times
Reputation: 1738
Although not a mineral, you might want to research taurine. It is an amino acid which helps with the osmotic balance and movement of minerals in and out of the cells. I believe it is used successfully with heart-related conditions like arrhythmia and a-fib.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2019, 07:29 AM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic east coast
5,201 posts, read 9,568,884 times
Reputation: 9629
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post
Although not a mineral, you might want to research taurine. It is an amino acid which helps with the osmotic balance and movement of minerals in and out of the cells. I believe it is used successfully with heart-related conditions like arrhythmia and a-fib.
Thanks! And yes, just found out there's magnesium taurate that's highly recommended by health care professionals including some cardio docs.

But there are some cardio docs who only want to pill and cut instead of first checking to see if certain conditions are caused by a mineral shortage--as many are! Most especially magnesium as 85% of Americans are very deficient on this mineral which has such an influence on our heart, blood pressure and nerves...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top