Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2019, 07:49 AM

111 posts, read 68,721 times

Advertisements

Hi folks:

I just ran out of CBD salve that I had purchased from the Kentucky Hemp

Works vendor at the Holistic Health Expo in Oaks, PA April 2019. The salve,

along with extra-strength Tiger Balm made my knee stiffness/pain bearable

during exercise and other daily routines.

Before I order a new tin of CBD salve from Kentucky's website, can anyone

speak to their personal experience(s) with these three particular CBD online sellers:

NuLeaf Naturals https://nuleafnaturals.com/shop/

Pure Kana https://purekana.com/

Premium Jane https://premiumjane.com/

Thanks for your help and candor..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 07:49 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
I also mix my CBD salve when I have a stock with Ultra Tiger Balm and my go to choice is Canna Salve 500mg from The Healing Company and buy it on ebay. I also find when I don't have the salve I would add drops of some essential oils dedicated for pain to the Ultra T.B. and it gives it more power. Dr. Schulze Deep Tissue oil is a good to mix too. The Dr Schulze is a powerful deep tissue oil. Check it out too.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-06-2019 at 08:46 PM..

Old 06-07-2019, 12:23 PM

Default CBD Salve recs

Jam:

Thanks so much. It means so much more to hear from a person with experience, as there as so many online and B&M sellers out there to wade through. Everyone claims to stock great CBD products, so it can be a bit confusing as to which vendor to use. Of course, I realize product efficacy varies from person to person, but still, your info helps.

I sent a letter dated June 7, 2019 to my PCP and to my sports medicine doctor as to their personal/moral/ethical feelings about recommending medical cannabis to treat my chronic bilateral knee pain. I included a few links in the letter for their education:

https://www.practicalpainmanagement....0-points-guide

https://norml.org/states/item/pennsy...-marijuana-law

https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/Doc...ctitioners.pdf

I expect to hear back from them in the following week.

In the meantime, I will research the products you listed in your response. Thanks again!

Old 06-07-2019, 12:29 PM

Default CBD Salve with essential oils?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I also mix my CBD salve when I have a stock with Ultra Tiger Balm and my go to choice is Canna Salve 500mg from The Healing Company and buy it on ebay. I also find when I don't have the salve I would add drops of some essential oils dedicated for pain to the Ultra T.B. and it gives it more power. Dr. Schulze Deep Tissue oil is a good to mix too. The Dr Schulze is a powerful deep tissue oil. Check it out too.

Jam:

Do you mix any of the following essential oils to the Tiger Balm? If so, which oil is your favorite to mix with the Tiger Balm?

Eucalyptus
Frankincense
Lavender
Evening primrose oil
Ginger
Turmeric essential oil
Basil

Tiger Balm is so stinky, I usually apply it an hour before I go to the gym.

Thanks again!

Old 06-07-2019, 12:54 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Resourcer View Post
Jam:

Do you mix any of the following essential oils to the Tiger Balm? If so, which oil is your favorite to mix with the Tiger Balm?

Eucalyptus
Frankincense
Lavender
Evening primrose oil
Ginger
Turmeric essential oil
Basil

Tiger Balm is so stinky, I usually apply it an hour before I go to the gym.

Thanks again!
Yes, and I would not hesitate to add any of them to my Tiger Balm, which I don't find offensive. It's too helpful. And I would not even bother a doc with the questions, they don't know and mostly likely don't care...my way that I operate my life. Even add a couple or more drops of the oils above, I mix so much for my joints.

Old 06-13-2019, 06:53 PM

249 posts, read 196,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Resourcer View Post
Hi folks:

I just ran out of CBD salve that I had purchased from the Kentucky Hemp

...Thanks for your help and candor..
I can't speak to those vendors, but I order from Lazarus Naturals because they offer a 60% discount for veterans or disability; there may be one other option too for discount.

I use the full spectrum tincture (chocolate and vanilla) and the full spectrum 50mg capsules.

I've used two other vendors, none you mentioned, so I won't list their names here since I wasn't happy with the products, but I love Lazarus. I also have a shipping coupon code that you can use if you decide to give them a try.

Old 06-14-2019, 04:33 PM

Thanks, Kim. I'll check them out...

Old 06-14-2019, 05:08 PM

Kim:

I have bilateral knee osteoarthritis. The daily pain and stiffness has me contemplating everything (except total knee replacement surgery at this time).

What has been your experience with the Lazarus full spectrum tincture versus the pills? (I personally prefer salves, patches, and sublingual tinctures versus pill popping.)

Last edited by The_Resourcer; 06-14-2019 at 05:18 PM..

Old 06-14-2019, 09:40 PM

135 posts, read 85,502 times
Nuleaf I’ve used and liked. Charlottes Web is another one

Old 06-23-2019, 08:46 AM

1 posts, read 662 times
I would take a look at where they source their hemp, if they grow it themselves, and if they even make their own oil or not. I always check the latest lab results as well. If a company doesn't provide lab tests I just move on and don't even consider them serious. Some sites out there will list who has them or not, I use this one cbdvitality.org Sometimes the lesser known companies will take more time to explain what's in their product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements