U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2019, 10:07 PM

4 posts, read 279 times

Advertisements

Is here anyone who tried CBD Oil for sleep? Please share your experience: how to choose the right cbd oil? how should I use it to have the best result?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2019, 11:42 PM

16,272 posts, read 5,260,760 times
I’ve been using CBD regularly for the last three years. It has a mild relaxing effect, but it doesn’t do much to help me sleep unless I combine it with 3 mg. melatonin and a couple of indica gummies. I still use it, though, because it is believed to have other health benefits.

Be sure that the CBD you buy is the real thing. It should be full spectrum (made with the whole plant), formulated to pharmaceutical standards and tested for pesticides and other contaminants by an independent lab. There’s a lot of cheap hemp oil out there that contains little or no active ingredients. I mail order mine from Green Roads World, but there are other reputable vendors out there.

Last edited by Bayarea4; 05-12-2019 at 11:51 PM..

Old 05-13-2019, 07:22 AM

2,262 posts, read 1,016,150 times
Yes, I use a flavored syrup and I find it helps. It doesn't make you tired per say, but it's great to help you relax and sleep more naturally. It doesn't leave me with that weird "sleep hang over" feeling the next day like other sleep aids. I get grape and I love the taste. I did a lot of research and I use Green Roads

https://www.greenroadsworld.com/prod...e-syrup-grape/

Old 05-13-2019, 07:30 AM

2,713 posts, read 1,658,463 times
I've been using CBD Oil for anxiety for about a year now. I feel it works well, and although I wasn't taking it specifically for sleep, I am sleeping better, too.

My holistic nutritionist recommended Lidtke brand, so that's what I use. I would feel comfortable recommending this brand to friends and family. I had a question one time and called their company and was immediately connected with a representative who really took his time and made sure all my questions were answered, so I feel their customer service is excellent as well. The oil is pretty pricey, and I take it twice a day, so I feel I want a really good brand.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:41 AM

148 posts, read 119,115 times
Default Bayarea 4 - indica gummie bears?

Could you please describe the effect they have on you?
I got a medical marijuana permit and bought some vaping cartridges for my anxiety and they made it much worse.
My mind is still open to something in that field and I'm wondering what the gummies would be like.
Thank you>

Old 05-13-2019, 11:54 AM

91 posts, read 23,271 times
I'd just read a sleep article that mentioned CBD and asked around. Turns out half of my friends take it! Haven't done it myself but from all accounts it seems it works well for helping during stressful periods of time.

I'd tried Magnesium but it didn't seem to do much.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:49 PM

22,645 posts, read 7,806,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaa555www View Post
I'd just read a sleep article that mentioned CBD and asked around. Turns out half of my friends take it! Haven't done it myself but from all accounts it seems it works well for helping during stressful periods of time.

I'd tried Magnesium but it didn't seem to do much.
Magnesium is just a part of my good sleep supports. Many are mag deficient and it's needed for many issues. I have my Sleep Combo in Alt Med here. I sleep a good 9 hrs most nights and sometimes more. I can't imagine not sleep good, but millions do not.

Old 05-14-2019, 01:22 PM

17 posts, read 5,251 times
I haven't tried CBD before but see it getting more popular each day. Alot of my close friends use it now for anxiety. Might try it myself now.

Old Today, 05:23 PM

16,272 posts, read 5,260,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianstad View Post
Could you please describe the effect they have on you?
I got a medical marijuana permit and bought some vaping cartridges for my anxiety and they made it much worse.
My mind is still open to something in that field and I'm wondering what the gummies would be like.
Thank you>
I used to also get anxiety from cannabis, christianstad, but only sativa strains. Indicas are better for relaxation and sleep without the unpleasant side effects. It's more of a full body sedative effect, While sativas are more of a head trip and can be creative and energetic.

Gummis (and other edibles) take 45 minutes to an an hour to kick in and two hours for the full effect, but the high lasts longer, four to six hours. Some people find the high from gummis to be more intense from vaping, so it's important to start slow with a small dose (2.5 to 5 mg. THC) until you know how well you tolerate it. Wait at least two hours before taking more.

If you do take too much, you may experience a fast heartbeat and some anxiety. This effect is only temporary, it's not dangerous and you'll be fine after it wears off. I've heard you can also chew a black peppercorn as an antidote to too much THC, though I personally haven't tried this. I have tried taking CBD as an antidote, and that works really well.

My favorite gummis are from Kushy Punch. I think you can only get them in California, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or