Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2022, 01:12 PM

200 posts, read 109,443 times

Advertisements

I decided to try a ferritin supplement. Unfortunately, I don't know my iron level, but since I almost don't eat meat, I suspect that it is low. After taking 1 capsule of ferritin, I feel a rapid heartbeat, sometimes a pain in the lower abdomen or an increase in appetite. It feels like my thyroid gland is starting to activate. Sometimes there is even a slight feeling of anxiety. When I was taking iron supplements, I did not have these feelings. Does this mean that my ferritin level is normal and that by taking Bioavailable Iron ferritin supplements at a dose of 5 mg, my levels spike and these effects occur?

Once I was on a strict diet and didn't eat anything and drank only water. I lost weight from 95 pounds to 84. I had the same feeling I have now. Very similar. My iron levels obviously couldn't go up then, they could only go down. So why do I feel about the same now?

I also want to add that I have a decreased appetite, and when I am hungry I think that is a good sign. It means my body is normal. But I also think that a fast heartbeat or anxiety is not normal at all. But what if it's just the body greedily absorbing ferritin and getting this effect? Maybe my thyroid has become depleted of iron, and now suddenly it starts to function with a lack of habit and I get these feelings? Is this possible?

Does anyone have any ideas about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2022, 01:25 PM

130,099 posts, read 12,078,224 times
You should get your iron levels checked. Some people do not process iron properly & too much iron can damage organs, go see your Dr regarding the symptoms

Old 12-25-2022, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
You should get your iron levels checked. Some people do not process iron properly & too much iron can damage organs, go see your Dr regarding the symptoms
Thanks for your advice! I don't really trust doctors, but maybe I'll get tested.

I think I process iron properly. Otherwise, I would have been experiencing strange symptoms since childhood. And that never happened. It all started when I stopped eating. And now I eat mostly chips and sweets.

Old 12-25-2022, 02:55 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,777,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitori View Post
It all started when I stopped eating. And now I eat mostly chips and sweets.
If this is true, very likely your symptoms are due to a lot more than an IRON supplement! Not just food itself, but including your emotional/mental situation. You're doing an awful lot of guessing. Make decisions based on facts. Bloodwork/lab analysis can give you useful information about what your body is actually doing instead of what you assume it's doing.

Last edited by Parnassia; 12-25-2022 at 03:59 PM..

Old 12-25-2022, 04:37 PM

130,099 posts, read 12,078,224 times
Existing on chips & sweets is very unhealthy.

Old 12-25-2022, 05:12 PM

9,115 posts, read 6,160,628 times
Quote:
Thanks for your advice! I don't really trust doctors, but maybe I'll get tested.

LOL

You don't trust doctors who are real people with training and have real names, but you trust anonymous people on the internet with no training or imagined knowledge.

Old 12-26-2022, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
LOL

You don't trust doctors who are real people with training and have real names, but you trust anonymous people on the internet with no training or imagined knowledge.
Once I was in a car accident and I had a broken neck, while doctors were convincing me that I just had a bruise. I was screaming in pain, and they said I was just too pampered and imagined the pain for myself. The x-ray, for some reason, didn't show a fracture. Probably there was a bad quality of the equipment. And then a month later they saw the fracture when it was already shifted, because the doctors were raising me out of bed and making me walk, despite the pain.

Old 12-26-2022, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
If this is true, very likely your symptoms are due to a lot more than an IRON supplement! Not just food itself, but including your emotional/mental situation. You're doing an awful lot of guessing. Make decisions based on facts. Bloodwork/lab analysis can give you useful information about what your body is actually doing instead of what you assume it's doing.
I sometimes have fever and sleepiness for no reason. Doctors have already taken my blood many times, but they don't find anything. But they are looking for a disease, while they should be looking for vitamin or mineral deficiencies. And anyway, doctors should know why this happens. But they don't know more than me. Sometimes it even seems like I know more.

Old 12-26-2022, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
Existing on chips & sweets is very unhealthy.
I rarely like the food I cook. Or I like it, but I don't get enough of it. One time I cooked meat. I ate it and I vomited. Now I'm afraid to cook meat dishes.

Old 12-26-2022, 03:03 PM

23,265 posts, read 18,777,131 times
Quote:
Once I was in a car accident and I had a broken neck, while doctors were convincing me that I just had a bruise. I was screaming in pain, and they said I was just too pampered and imagined the pain for myself. The x-ray, for some reason, didn't show a fracture. Probably there was a bad quality of the equipment. And then a month later they saw the fracture when it was already shifted, because the doctors were raising me out of bed and making me walk, despite the pain.
Minor fractures that aren't obviously displaced don't always show up on an xray immediately. Initial soft tissue bruising and swelling can interfere with a clear image. A month later after swelling and bruising has subsided the partially healed fracture can show up better. BTDT. Getting a patient mobile quickly is often better than letting them lie in bed too long and muscles atrophy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements