U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-31-2008, 09:16 AM

3,191 posts, read 5,491,861 times
At $40 a bottle, one might 'think' it helps. A cheaper bottle of red wine probably has the same 'benefits'.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 5,822 times
Default It isn't a scam

I have friends who are doing really well with MonaVie. I believe the reason the number of people at Gold or Ruby and above are so low is that it was originally a 3-5 year plan to get to Diamond. The growth has been much faster than anticipated, so those numbers are really low as people work their way up. I'm no overachiever, but I love the juice. I started in February and I'm making an extra $1,200 a month which comes in handy. It's growing every day and my health and energy are excellent now. We really don't eat the fruits we're supposed to and the quality of the food at the grocery isn't good at all. This is all organic and bottled so quickly that it doesn't have time to begin to spoil. The 4 oz. gives the phytonutrient equivalent of 13 servings of fruits and vegetables. Folks are able to reduce the meds they take because their bodies assimilate their prescriptions better with this. It costs about the same as going to Starbuck's or McDonalds or getting one of those big Red Bulls. I met the scientist behind the acai patent. He's devoted the last 15 years to studying this berry.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:33 AM

12,890 posts, read 12,297,193 times
Monavie Scam - What Is The Truth? (http://ezinearticles.com/?Monavie-Scam---What-Is-The-Truth?&id=693499 - broken link)

No single drink, no matter it's origin, can replace the real deal. There are many compounds in fruits and vegetables that don't survive the freeze-drying / blending / packaging / warehousing process, and it's usually those compounds that are the most sought-after.

As has been said here, acai itself is useful; the blend is questionable as is the business structure (MLM).

Old 08-11-2008, 12:56 PM

12,542 posts, read 11,594,220 times
Monavie is no different than taking vitamins/minerals. It adds to the betterment of ones health.
There have been many studies done on how it is affecting people for the better.
I know people who's blood pressure has been lowered to manageable levels, people with arthritis feel better and so on.

Old 08-11-2008, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Monavie is no different than taking vitamins/minerals. It adds to the betterment of ones health.
There have been many studies done on how it is affecting people for the better.
I know people who's blood pressure has been lowered to manageable levels, people with arthritis feel better and so on.
It's different in that the price is quite high (isn't it?). How does it lower the blood pressure? Make the arthritis better? Are there studies out on it?

Old 08-23-2008, 08:45 PM

1 posts, read 5,589 times
Hi, new at this so be patient with me - found this while doing a google search on monavie and read a number of posts by different pros and cons.

Since I've been taking monavie just a few days over a month (7/19) I can honestly say I sleep better and most of all my kness do not bother me now like they did.

I purchased it to help my dear wife of 49 years (12/31) soon to be 50 - she is in bad health and we are seeing some slight improvements, but rather wait another month or so the Lord willing and give another report.

I love it and hope you all will at least give it a try.

God bless,

Old 08-26-2008, 06:49 PM

Today there were 6 small signs posted on the side of one of our small highways for a MonaVie distributorship opportunity, along with a local number.

I'm used to and can accept such advertising methods for both contractors (roofers, carpenters, etc) and MLM's...

...but for a legitimate health supplement?

Old 09-05-2008, 04:50 PM

4,794 posts, read 9,831,518 times
Can someone list the ingredients in this product? And it's $40 a bottle??? what is the RDA???? and how long does that bottle last??

Is this a relative of Zango juice??? Anyone know about that one?

I don't mind a good juice if it has the right ingredients....and as long as it's not peddled as some miracle juice. I mean....V8 Fusion sounds like a similar product.

I totally agree that it won't replace the real deal....but if people aren't EATING the real deal, then wouldn't this be an improvement in their diet?

I'd look it up, but if people are out there selling it, they probably have the info on hand, right?

Old 09-07-2008, 05:14 AM

20,211 posts, read 6,940,232 times
It is a Miracle -- of Marketing! The claims of its massive benefits are essentially reported by the distributors compelled to sell it, not by the company producing it. The company makes very few claims about it, but unfortunately also makes very little effort to try to rein in the hordes of zealous distributors. If one needs to supplement the quality of their food intake, and I believe many do, find one that satisfies at a reasonable cost.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:49 PM

3 posts, read 9,258 times
Default RE: Blood pressure

My cousin still has blood pressure problems on Monavie. I introduced him to a much, much cheaper product at a vitamin store that I know works. I've had his elderly mother on this product for quite a while. It lowered her blood pressure into a normal range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
It's different in that the price is quite high (isn't it?). How does it lower the blood pressure? Make the arthritis better? Are there studies out on it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.