U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-30-2007, 07:14 PM

820 posts, read 3,214,541 times
Default vitamin B question

Does anyone know if vitamin B (complex) causes bloating? I take it with food per the instructions and it seems to cause bloating. Is this normal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 03:34 PM

800 posts, read 2,992,843 times
I guess anything is possible 'cause everyone's body will react differently to different things...

But, I know for myself I had to watch the binders/fillers with supplements as well as the delivery method. I can't do hard pills, so I do liquids or capsules, but I'm super sensitive

Old 08-05-2009, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 8,775 times
i started taking VB complex about 5 days ago. when i went back on my regular yoga practice after taking a 4 days rest. i felt a strong bloating around the stomach and abdomial area which affected my practice a lot. can't really think of anything that might cause the bloating but VB complex was the only thing which was newly added to my diet. also wonder it was becasue of the hard pill form. so decided to stop the supplement and see how it goes.anyone had the same experience? thanks.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:34 PM

2,893 posts, read 7,569,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlwong View Post
i started taking VB complex about 5 days ago. when i went back on my regular yoga practice after taking a 4 days rest. i felt a strong bloating around the stomach and abdomial area which affected my practice a lot. can't really think of anything that might cause the bloating but VB complex was the only thing which was newly added to my diet. also wonder it was becasue of the hard pill form. so decided to stop the supplement and see how it goes.anyone had the same experience? thanks.
This might be a digestibility issue.
I don't know what brand you used but often vitamins are not well digested / absorbed.
Here's a link to a New Chapter Vit. B complex which is food based and very digestible.
New Chapter Coenzyme B Food Complex
I tried to link you to New Chapters own site but had some difficulties with the web-site.
You can find New Chapter at almost all health food stores.
They're a little more expensive than others but to pay good money for a supplement that isn't being absorbed is a bigger waste of money.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:20 AM

1,231 posts, read 2,171,049 times
I took B vitamin complex for almost a year as part of a regime to enhance my fertility, I never had any bloating issues.

Old 08-06-2009, 06:39 PM

8,424 posts, read 22,827,733 times
It makes you pee. So getting dehydrated could make you bloated too?

But I agree it could be just that type of B makes you feel that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements