Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 09:44 PM

37,101 posts, read 41,226,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Listen, I'm too smart for this (I'm educated bull****). I can't even buy synthetics in the ratios that I need for the treatment I'm on. So you can sit on your soapbox and preach all day but Standard Process has filled a need that I can't get elsewhere. And when you say stuff like it has "absolutely zero" nutritional value you discredit yourself as nothing more than a mere troll. I eat pork and love bacon. So pig's brains are probably not so bad and especially if they are nutritious to boot. I mean really is that your debate that you wont eat Whole Food supplements because they contain animal products? REALLY!? Come on now. You a vegan or something? Maybe that is why your so against whole food supplements to begin with. This is making me hungry for a big juicy rack of ribs.
I don't know about AnonChick, but I eat meat, too, including bacon on a rare occasion.

At one time Standard Process used cow brains. Someone apparently convinced them that carried a risk of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (mad cow disease). Eating mammalian brains might not be a good idea.

There is absolutely no scientific evidence to support your precious ratios that you think you need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 08:22 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I don't know about AnonChick, but I eat meat, too, including bacon on a rare occasion.

At one time Standard Process used cow brains. Someone apparently convinced them that carried a risk of bovine spongiform encephalopathy (mad cow disease). Eating mammalian brains might not be a good idea.

There is absolutely no scientific evidence to support your precious ratios that you think you need.
There is scientific evidence to support the ratios that I mentioned but you seem to ignore them repeatedly even though they have been found to be a superior metric and that I have posted them to you several times. You can go back and read them again.

As for cow brains. I would have no problem eating some.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:25 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
1. I *am* an alt-med practitioner.
2. Organic chemistry is the primary field of study I was required to take in order to get my alt-med certification.

As an alt-med practitioner and someone who has studied organic chemistry as a primary field of study in my alt-med education, I'm telling you (and everyone else) that Standard Process supplements are a scam, and people who push it are shills. There is nothing in Standard Process that makes it superior to ANY USP-certified supplements, and furthermore, there are things in it that have absolutely zero nutritional value even though Standard Process insists on bragging about it as if it did - AND that the things that might actually be useful, cost MUCH more than USP-certified products of the same type.

A person doesn't have to take dessicated pig's brains to know that there's no nutritional value in taking dessicated pig's brains and absolutely no reason to include it in a nutritional supplement.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
1. I *am* an alt-med practitioner.
2. Organic chemistry is the primary field of study I was required to take in order to get my alt-med certification.

As an alt-med practitioner and someone who has studied organic chemistry as a primary field of study in my alt-med education, I'm telling you (and everyone else) that Standard Process supplements are a scam, and people who push it are shills. There is nothing in Standard Process that makes it superior to ANY USP-certified supplements, and furthermore, there are things in it that have absolutely zero nutritional value even though Standard Process insists on bragging about it as if it did - AND that the things that might actually be useful, cost MUCH more than USP-certified products of the same type.

A person doesn't have to take dessicated pig's brains to know that there's no nutritional value in taking dessicated pig's brains and absolutely no reason to include it in a nutritional supplement.
Which certification do you have?

Old 01-14-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
There is scientific evidence to support the ratios that I mentioned but you seem to ignore them repeatedly even though they have been found to be a superior metric and that I have posted them to you several times. You can go back and read them again.

As for cow brains. I would have no problem eating some.
There is no scientific support for the ratios you mention. They are based on hair analysis which cannot tell anything at all about the status of minerals in the body.

I know it is really hard to believe that you have been duped, but you have.

Moderator cut: rude
No need to tempt fate when there are many tasty alternatives.

Last edited by in_newengland; 07-03-2015 at 09:45 AM..

Old 01-14-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
There is no scientific support for the ratios you mention. They are based on hair analysis which cannot tell anything at all about the status of minerals in the body.

I know it is really hard to believe that you have been duped, but you have.

Pig out on cow brains if you wish. I'll pass. No need to tempt fate when there are many tasty alternatives.
The government and real science refute you about hair mineral analysis testing. This has been shown to you on numerous attemps but you refuse to take it that it is true. Your position is illogical and you reasoning is irrational on this subject and your up against superior knowledge and skill on this subject and up against a living testimonial on the effectiveness of the testing.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
The government and real science refute you about hair mineral analysis testing. This has been shown to you on numerous attemps but you refuse to take it that it is true. Your position is illogical and you reasoning is irrational on this subject and your up against superior knowledge and skill on this subject and up against a living testimonial on the effectiveness of the testing.
Testimonials are fine if you are buying a car. They are not scientific data, however.

Hair analysis may work in an "alternative" universe. Not this one, though.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Testimonials are fine if you are buying a car. They are not scientific data, however.

Then for those others here that need a testmonial on hair mineral testing - just let me know. I can testify how good they work and the subsequently targeted supplements from Standard Process.

The science behind hair mineral testing is undisputed by Government Agencies and used by the EPA and other agencies for detecting concentrations of toxic minerals concentrations for exposure related illnesses.

Disclaimer - I have a Environmental background and various certifications in environmental related disciplines.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:56 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Quote:

No, it doesn't work in an alternative universe. It works great in a fraudulent universe, however.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:39 AM

I'm getting ready to order some more Stand Process Supplements here shortly. Starting to run low. Good stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements