U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 08:18 AM

3,168 posts, read 4,628,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Are you considering other areas or are you just interested in Liverpool?
Ideally I would like to live in the Village of Liverpool, or within walking distance to the Village (somewhere in between Onondaga lake and I-90).

Really what I'm looking for is a "walkable" district. One where I can walk to get groceries, go to stores, a gym, etc etc. Some people have suggested Eastwood but I'm really not familiar with it at all. I have family in the Village of Liverpool so I'm always over there and used to the area.

The two main things I want to be within walking distance from are a grocery store and a gym. Would also like to be near a park of some sort. I've checked out the Walkable Eastwood site but it's more like a blog and hard to navigate - I can't really get a feel for it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 08:27 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,065,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
Ideally I would like to live in the Village of Liverpool, or within walking distance to the Village (somewhere in between Onondaga lake and I-90).

Really what I'm looking for is a "walkable" district. One where I can walk to get groceries, go to stores, a gym, etc etc. Some people have suggested Eastwood but I'm really not familiar with it at all. I have family in the Village of Liverpool so I'm always over there and used to the area.

The two main things I want to be within walking distance from are a grocery store and a gym. Would also like to be near a park of some sort. I've checked out the Walkable Eastwood site but it's more like a blog and hard to navigate - I can't really get a feel for it all.

I noticed this listing in Liverpool village, however I'm not sure if they allow pets.

Syracuse, NY Apartments and Houses for Rent, Local Apartment and Home Rentals, House, Townhome, and Condo Rentals, Vacation Rentals, Roommate and Sublet Classifieds :: Property Details for "2BR Heat & Hot Water Included!"

Old 08-12-2010, 08:34 AM

Nope, no dogs allowed. Thanks though!!

I think I'm going to try exploring Eastwood more since there's a Wegman's on James St and I just found Flex House of Fitness around that area too.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:44 AM

56,186 posts, read 80,292,655 times
Quote:

North Syracuse might work, as there is a gym near Taft Road and a Maines Food Source store in the same plaza as the gym(Planet Fitness). There's a couple of other grocery stores on Route 11/Brewerton Road, but they aren't in a walkable area. There's a park near that same plaza too.

As for Eastwood, there's a gym on Sunnycrest Road, but the closest grocery store isn't necessarily in a walkable area(Price Chopper on Midler).

Perhaps the Westvale/Solvay area near the Westvale Plaza could work. There's a P&C/Tops and a Planet Fitness in that plaza. Tipp Hill/West End area west of or around Avery could work just as well.

Fayetteville with the Fayetteville Towne Centre having a YMCA and a grocery store could also work. You could just hop on 481 to I-81 to get to the Airport.

East Syracuse might be a possibilty as it has a Wegmans that you could walk to and I believe that there is some start up gym there too. Some areas look better than others though.

All have park space. So, that wouldn't be an issue.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:45 AM

Thanks for all the tips!

I viewed 2 apts in the Village yesterday. One was a total dump and I really couldn't see myself living there. The other one was alright, nothing fancy. I really can't be picky though because location is more important to me at this point. I filled out the application and sent it to the lady, so hopefully I will get the nicer of the 2 apts. Cross your fingers!!!

Old 08-16-2010, 08:50 AM

57 posts, read 131,066 times
Quote:
Thanks for all the tips!

I viewed 2 apts in the Village yesterday. One was a total dump and I really couldn't see myself living there. The other one was alright, nothing fancy. I really can't be picky though because location is more important to me at this point. I filled out the application and sent it to the lady, so hopefully I will get the nicer of the 2 apts. Cross your fingers!!!

Did you check the new JGB apartments across from the Cobblestone? they just recently rehabbed the old brick building into really nice one bedroom apartments...great location and great view of the lake.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusetownusa View Post
Did you check the new JGB apartments across from the Cobblestone? they just recently rehabbed the old brick building into really nice one bedroom apartments...great location and great view of the lake.
They're out of my price range

Old 08-16-2010, 09:06 AM

Just got approved for those apartments! Think I'm going to take the nicer of the two

Old 08-16-2010, 12:28 PM

56,186 posts, read 80,292,655 times
Quote:
Just got approved for those apartments! Think I'm going to take the nicer of the two
Good...Is this in Liverpool?

Old 08-16-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Good...Is this in Liverpool?
Yep, it's on Bass St in the Village. I go to sign the papers on Weds. Thanks everyone for all your help!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area