U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 12:46 AM

186 posts, read 542,580 times

Advertisements

Ok so here is my attempt to get to know people from the Syracuse area or planning to move to the area a little more on a personal level. I hope I'm not breaking any city data rules by doing this but here is my facebook page but I guess I'll find out shortly haha.

So anyway based on my past posts if you think you'd like to know more about me please feel free to add me. It would be nice to know some people from the area a little more before we move there.

http://www.facebook.com/tmephoto (broken link)

Here is my public disclaimer/warning. Please read and consider before adding me.

#1. I have a sick and childish sense of humor. Pooping and farts are funny and that's only the tip of the mountain of disgusting things that make me laugh. I say random off the wall things just because I can and it makes me laugh. I have no shame in my game.

#2. I'm not a republican and I completely disagree with many tea party ideas. I do tend to speak my mind about such topics.

#3. I'm a fan of equal rights no matter what you look like, skin color, where you're from, or what you choose to believe.

#4. I believe in God and Jesus and the basic christian beliefs. I was raised Catholic but I don't practice any religion. Matter of fact even though I support EVERYONE'S rights to freedom of religion I myself am completely against organized religion. I do speak on such topics if I feel a religion is crossing the line of social injustice toward others.

#5. Oh yeah and I'm brown haha. Half Cuban (a.k.a unstable lol), 1/4 Native American (not sure what tribe), and a 1/4 of some other stuff that include Spanish. And no I don't speak Spanish. I barely speak English so foreign languages are out of the question lol.

#6. I'm not single so don't expect me to do anything sexual with you haha.

If this doesn't get deleted by City-data mods then please do post your information. I think this would be a great way to get to know people from the area especially for use new comers that don't know anyone.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 06:31 AM

2,440 posts, read 4,979,567 times
Request sent. But as a warning- I'm Roman Catholic of the Tridentine variety and believe it all... except for the gay thing. lol. Still, I have no problem with other people's religions or lack thereof. For all those who pray, we all end up sending our prayers to the same God... I could care less what anyone calls Him or how they do it. Well, as long as they're not sacrificing human beings, of course.

I'm Republican, though not nearly right enough for the right as they'd like me to be... and not as left as the left would like me to be. Solidly a conservative moderate. I love the idea behind the Tea Party but they hate me because I think most of them are loons. lol

I have children- thus, I mention poop, poor aim, cervical mucus among those friends who are also trying to conceive, vomit and lots of self-medicating vodka tonics as a result. :P I also swear a lot. Fortunately for those on my friends list, I try to reign it in a tad on FB.

I am a mom who cooks and cleans and maddening tries to teach things to her children. We'll see if that pans out, in the next few decades. haha

Oh yeah- and I'm white... but colors don't bother me. :P If they did, I'd have to wipe out about half of my family. Lots of Algonquin, Cherokee, dark-skinned French (Moorish) and Cuban sprinkled throughout. Genetics are an interesting thing.

Last edited by proulxfamily; 10-16-2010 at 06:40 AM..

Old 10-16-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxfamily View Post
For all those who pray, we all end up sending our prayers to the same God... I could care less what anyone calls Him or how they do it. Well, as long as they're not sacrificing human beings, of course.
Well said!

Quote:
I'm Republican, though not nearly right enough for the right as they'd like me to be... and not as left as the left would like me to be. Solidly a conservative moderate. I love the idea behind the Tea Party but they hate me because I think most of them are loons. lol
I don't think of my self as anything other than a person with an opinion. I'm not conservative enough to be republican nor do I like most of the political tactics they use or the hate/divisive driven agenda we have right now.

I'm not liberal enough to be a democrat because I'm not stupid and I open my eyes to reality even if reality is ugly to look at. I like your opinion about Tea Party though lol. That's kind of how I feel too.

Quote:
Oh yeah- and I'm white... but colors don't bother me. :P If they did, I'd have to wipe out about half of my family. Lots of Algonquin, Cherokee, dark-skinned French (Moorish) and Cuban sprinkled throughout. Genetics are an interesting thing.
lol our family is a mess. We have everything you can imagine and a little more. Apparently they don't discriminate when it comes to sex. I like it that way though. It makes for a better understanding of others and an over all acceptance of people that look different than you. Even when I'm trying to explain how I have asian, black, and white cousins that are all blood related to me lol.

Thanks for the add. I enjoyed looking through the pictures. Helps to understand why you like CNY so much. The pictures make for a great argument in your favor too

Old 10-16-2010, 02:55 PM

Our homes are affordable, even in the best districts in the area (<ahem> even some of the best in the *state*), are varied and it all lies in a stunning landscape... with employment even, if you like that sort of thing.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:22 AM

298 posts, read 896,858 times
I'm originally from Whitesboro, NY (a suburb of Utica) and currently live in Glen Burnie, MD. I moved to Maryland in 2000 and moved back to NY in 2006 because I missed my family/friends but the jobs in Utica were pretty dismal so we moved back to Maryland in 2008. I think Upstate NY is a beautiful area but wish it offered better jobs.
I identify more with the Republican party mostly because I am a fiscal conservative and I believe that people should take care of themselves. The government funds (welfare, WIC, etc.) should only be used when you hit a rough patch, not as a lifestyle. I sometimes post things on FB about how I hate frivolous spending and tax increases.
I am a Roman Catholic but rarely attend church.
I love dogs and on some weekends I do doggie transports which moves animals from kill shelters in the South to rescues in the Northeast. I used to do them from Syracuse to Utica before I moved to MD.
I am married with no children (except my ten year old lab mix, Sammy).
I am white and of Polish descent.
I may seem straightlaced here but I do have a sense of humor and can take a joke. After all, I am blonde and Polish!

Magicians Eye, I sent you a friend request if you are interested.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:46 PM

Thanks guys for playing along. The pictures are great to see. For those living in Syracuse it helps to see what you do all year and your lifestyles. That makes a massive difference in understanding your points of view here on City Data

Everyone has a reason for their opinions and it's always nice to be able to put that puzzle together and understand a little better.

Plus New friends in a new place is a great big plus!!!!

Old 10-19-2010, 10:31 AM

4,444 posts, read 4,617,130 times
Great idea for a thread

A bit about me - I'm 43, male, and I've always lived in the SE US, (North Carolina, Florida and Georgia), and I've had a variety of occupations, including that of urban planner. I'm currently in tech school training to be a carpenter, which has been one of my life's passions. Might as well as do it for a living, huh?

I considered myself very open-minded when it comes religious and spiritual beliefs, although I do consider myself a Christian, but with a small "c", not a big "C", if you catch my drift. I believe that everyone should be respected for who they are, regardless of skin color, beliefs, or lack thereof, so on and so forth

Politically, I consider myself as Independent, and I believe that both parties are two heads of the same beast - which is in dire need of reform. And I do agree that most Teabaggers are loons, although I can certainly understand their anger towards our inept, self-serving government.

I have an intense desire to move to upstate New York (homing in on Syracuse in particular) and hope to be there by this time next year (yippee!). I just can't stop thinking about being up there - it's almost like a calling to me. I want to be there for the climate (and the white Christmases I've always wanted ), I want to be there for the pragmatic, honest, dependable people - the kind of people that helped made this country great. I want to be there for the awesome architecture and the opportunity to fix up some of those wonderful old houses - to me, Syracuse is a carpenter's dream. And the scenery - I've been all over the US, and I've yet to find a place that can match the CNY area. It's just an amazing, wonderful place, and I can't wait to be there.

(PS, I've sent you a friend request as well)

Old 10-19-2010, 10:41 AM

If anyone wants to friend request me, you'll see the recent adds on Magician's "Recent Activity." My initials are M.P., so you know who I am. :P Obviously not wanting to spell out my name for the World Wide Webz.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
If anyone wants to friend request me, you'll see the recent adds on Magician's "Recent Activity." My initials are M.P., so you know who I am. :P Obviously not wanting to spell out my name for the World Wide Webz.
They better hurry it up too lol. I use my facebook quite a bit so stuff get's pushed down the page pretty fast lol. You might be forced to read through all that nonsense while looking for her page lol.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:10 PM

I'm already two "See Older Posts" down. :P I might need to write on your wall soon. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or