U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2011, 10:35 AM

270 posts, read 636,519 times

Advertisements

Sean....she was just taking you for a ride. I just had my DL done two weeks ago and I asked about that EDL. $30. She stiffed you $12! LOL!

P.S. It's INTERNET!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 10:37 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,522,028 times
It was his video. The police were there so there must be something in the police blotter. He is a big guy and you can see the rednecks tell him to stop and hear him say no this is for the police. And see him tell the police here is the video and that is the end.

Moderator cut: personal attack

Last edited by bellafinzi; 06-07-2011 at 07:03 PM..

Old 06-07-2011, 10:40 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,522,028 times
Well I paid by check so Albany got the money.

So far no return of the 12.

I,ve had 44 years of that state. Get back to me in 43 years.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:44 AM

1,537 posts, read 2,215,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea3829 View Post
Sean....she was just taking you for a ride. I just had my DL done two weeks ago and I asked about that EDL. $30. She stiffed you $12! LOL!

P.S. It's INTERNET!
The fee for an EDL or ENDID is $30 in addition to any fees required for your driver license or non-driver photo ID card transaction. Here is the inerweb site: NYS DMV - Enhanced Driver License FAQs

You forgot about the hidden fees that NY loves so much.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:46 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,697,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
Well I paid by check so Albany got the money.

So far no return of the 12.

I,ve had 44 years of that state. Get back to me in 43 years.
It's $30 for the enhancement on top of any other fees. So if you went for a renewal at the same time (or it renewed out longer than your old license went, perhaps), that might explain it.

*shrugs* I just went and got a passport a few years ago. If you plan on leaving the country by anything other than a car, you'll practically need it anyways (it's not good for air travel to Canada/Mexico either). $150 or whatever per 10 years ain't that bad.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:06 AM

56,588 posts, read 80,870,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
The fee for an EDL or ENDID is $30 in addition to any fees required for your driver license or non-driver photo ID card transaction. Here is the inerweb site: NYS DMV - Enhanced Driver License FAQs

You forgot about the hidden fees that NY loves so much.
Newsflash, every state has hidden fees. People forget about HOA's that are very common in other states. What about road/toll taxes in other states? Like I said, the government gets there money anyhow.

Montana's camping rates said 15 dollars for in state folks and 23 if you are from outside of the state. NY said 15 dollars for residents. Reading and proper information is key.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:56 AM

4,444 posts, read 4,608,534 times
OP reporting here...hehe. Yes, I'm still planning to move, it's just logistics and other things keeping me here just for the time being. But as I mentioned before, I will be in the Syracuse area for a full week beginning July 19th - can't wait!

I am soooo sick of summer and there's still three months to go - I just don't see the appeal of endless sunshine and 90+ degree heat every single day. You can't hardly buy a cloud around here, let alone an overcast day, or the holy grail, an actual rainy day - that's just a wintertime treat down here, unfortunately. It's painful seeing the lush green of spring wither into dusty brown - if you do any sort of meaningful gardening, you'll be paying through the nose for the water bill - not to mention the cost of running the AC 24/7. So yes, I think the cloudier, rainier, and *much cooler / colder* climate of Syracuse will suit me just fine and then some. You have no idea how much I crave a summer in which I can get out and do the things I enjoy - 14 hours 20 minutes of sun here daily and here I am sitting trapped inside the house, as it's too damn hot to do anything - even a 15-minute stroll will result in sweat-soaked clothes and an aggravating 30-minute cool-down period as I just sweat and sweat.

I'm not moving just for the climate, however, although it's a huge consideration. I'm moving for better work opportunities - hardly a day goes by that I don't see a carpentry-related job opening on Indeed dot com - down here, forget it, with the 20% unemployment rate in the construction industry we have around here. And I'm moving to be in a very exciting part of the country - it's amazing what cities can be reached within a 6-hour drive of CNY - Boston, Montreal, NYC, Toronto, etc. And the lakes! Gosh, I was in total heaven last summer when I saw all those lakes in the upstate of New York - what few lakes we have down here are man-made (very "spidery") and almost completely surrounded by overpriced McMansions, severely limiting recreational opportunities on the water. And I can wax poetic about the beautiful countryside all day long, to me, it's like taking a walk in God's garden...hehe.

Yes, there's lots to do here in the ATL, but again, the weather just makes it so difficult to enjoy them, with the exception of short periods in the spring and fall. That's why this city has its major festivals in the springtime - summer, forget it. I don't even think they're doing the once-popular "screenings on the green" anymore, outdoor movie showings in the park on weekend summer evenings, due to a massive gang battle that took place last summer at one of them. Sounds like fun, huh?

Granted, I do have a lovely house here, as well as living in a nice, trendy neighborhood that excels in convenience, etc, and yes, I admit that I had my "doubts" during the glorious few weeks of spring (which is probably a lot like the Syracuse summer...lol), but now, with day after day after day of 92 - 95 degree heat, I know without a doubt this will be the LAST summer I'll spend here - I just can't even imagine having to endure another stretch of 90 or 100 more days of 90s and brutal sun - as it stands now, it's just a waiting game, counting down the days before my trip north, and then to the end of summer once I make my tearful return. And believe me, time is moving very slowly right now - these 14 - hour days of sun sure do drag by compared to the zippy short days of winter. Ugh. But you won't see me dissing Atlanta on the Georgia forum, as I've gotta sell my house to some fool that thinks heat is awesome, so let 'em think Atlanta is the gem of the South...LOL. If they love it here, more power to them. It's *me* that's gotta get north, and soon.

Any of you who have a burning desire to leave CNY, please be my guest. It'd not hurt me any for there to be a few less cars on the road, less competition for work, and housing prices dropping to even lower levels - it'll just make things that much better for when I'm finally able to move up to CNY...hehe. Just remember, there will be no convincing me otherwise - even my parents are dead-set against me moving, well, I'm 44 years old, and I'm frickin' moving to upstate New York - that's all there is to it...LOL.

Last edited by NorthStarDelight; 06-07-2011 at 12:05 PM..

Old 06-07-2011, 12:04 PM

With your negative attitude, I doubt you would be happy anywhere. At least that is what I am told.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:09 PM

4,444 posts, read 4,608,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
With your negative attitude, I doubt you would be happy anywhere. At least that is what I am told.
To whom are you referring? I certainly don't have a negative attitude - I know what I want and am working very hard to get it.

And yes, I'll be very, very happy in CNY - this is something I just *know*, and there's not a person in the world that can convince me otherwise. It'll not happen in a million years.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:19 PM

I am not trying to convince you. Your thread just happened to be the one that got hijacked as many of them do around here.
I am just trying to show the hypocrisy of how you bad mouth Atlanta and it is ok, because you are moving to the Holy Land and think Upstate New York is pure awesomeness, but when I bad mouth this area it is because I am a miserable person who won't be happy anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area