U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 12:39 PM

7 posts, read 8,636 times

Advertisements

HI..I was hoping someone could suggest a nice apt that allows cats. I currently live in a flat, which I prefer but the landlord doesn't care about the place. I read all the reviews on most sites, and it's scary, because none of the pet allowed places get good reviews. I am a woman and will be living by myself so a safe neighborhood is vital. I was hoping for another flat, but so far nothing that I can afford has come up. My limit would be around $750.00 including everything. I don't care for Norstar, Brookwood on the Green, Saddle Club, Glenview,ABC, Westminister, Plymouth Mtg. I am really hesitant about living in a complex at all. I like The Hamptons but of course no pets. I thought about Aaron Townhomes, but don't know anything about them. So if anyone knows any really good safe ones let me know. Liverpool, Clay, some areas of Syracuse possibly Camillus. I can be flexible. I also need to give a 30 day notice where I am in order to get my security deposit back, and most flats I have seen always say available now. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 03:12 PM

3 posts, read 5,172 times
In Camillus they used to allow pets at King's Gate West, but you had to pay a little extra every month. This was a while ago, but you could call. We liked it there and found it safe and fairly quiet.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Status: "Write the vision and make it plain" (set 11 days ago)

31,555 posts, read 37,260,454 times
Try here: MapsKrieg - CraigsList Apartment Listings Mashed With Google Maps or google "the renters guide syracuse". It will give you information on just about complex in the area.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:23 AM

2,370 posts, read 2,090,413 times
Your best bet in finding a flat would be Craigslist. And alot of people will hold the flat for you if you put in your deposit - that's what I ended up doing. I know there are apartments above the Village Mall in the Village of Liverpool that allow pets - they advertise on Craigslist and have had some ads up recently. Finding a place that allows cats is ALOT easier than finding a place that allows dogs - I know... I have 2 dogs lol.

I know people on here have raved about Covered Bridge Apartments and I believe they do allow cats. It's right outside the Village of Liverpool. The other 2 complexes are Harborside Manor and Pearl Street, but I believe those are more on the expensive side.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:36 AM

Thanks for the tips..I have been on Craigslist all the time..there are a lot of bogus ads on there lately I have noticed. Village Mall in Liverpool is ok but the pkg is a problem. Covered Bridge gets mixed reviews they are very old, but same with Harborside, I lived there 25 yrs ago. I guess I am looking for someone who has actually lived there or is living there to say it's great, low noise, good maintenance, etc, so I don't make another mistake. Right now I can hear everything upstairs, and the landlord doesn't care who he rents to. I might go ck out Aaron Townhouses in Camillus. They seem resaonable. Unfortunately everything looks good online in pics. LOL...Again thx for the tips

Old 11-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Status: "Write the vision and make it plain" (set 11 days ago)

31,555 posts, read 37,260,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MM8048 View Post
Thanks for the tips..I have been on Craigslist all the time..there are a lot of bogus ads on there lately I have noticed. Village Mall in Liverpool is ok but the pkg is a problem. Covered Bridge gets mixed reviews they are very old, but same with Harborside, I lived there 25 yrs ago. I guess I am looking for someone who has actually lived there or is living there to say it's great, low noise, good maintenance, etc, so I don't make another mistake. Right now I can hear everything upstairs, and the landlord doesn't care who he rents to. I might go ck out Aaron Townhouses in Camillus. They seem resaonable. Unfortunately everything looks good online in pics. LOL...Again thx for the tips
Does the Village Mall use the parking spaces by the building or is there a location that is off of the street? I believe there are some other apartments in that "Downtown" Liverpool area too.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:18 AM

Yeah I just moved out of Westminster into a flat in the Village of Liverpool. Westminster was ok to start, but I had so many problems with the place that I couldn't wait to get out. I too would much rather live in a flat than an apt complex.

Just another tip for Craigslist - unless it specifically says no pets, I see it as fair game. I'd call or email to at least ask.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:47 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,058,162 times
Covered Bridge was nothing but a fantastic experience. Great and timely maintenance (including snow removal and salting for the ice), safe and HEAT and hot water included. Loved it there!

Old 11-02-2010, 04:07 PM

A flat in L'Pool would be ideal..I think they go fast when they do come up..I don't think there is seperate parking for Village Apts. but maybe I will ck..and thx for tip on Covered Bridge..I really don't want to live in a complex, but it if comes down to that glad to know it comes with high regards...flats have more of a homey feel..mine has a fireplace..french doors..built in bookshelves..but like I said landlord will rent upstairs to anyone, and isn't keeping it up. Again thx

Old 11-02-2010, 05:19 PM

I had a hard time finding a place in the Village, but I finally did. I was in Westminster for a year because I couldn't find a place there when I looked last time. You may even want to just drive through the area and see if there are any For Rent signs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area