U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 10:39 PM

2 posts, read 3,626 times

Advertisements

We've been looking for a house in syracuse area. We have two little kids , so we would love to find a place that is family-friendly and safe and easy access to all the malls and stores.

We came across the area which is called, Baldwinsville or Van buren. I think it's more of Van buren area. We found a house was built by the Ryan homes area?? The pictures def. looks nice and it only showed the back of the house where lots of nice houses are. When I looked it up on the map, on the left side has farms.. I wonder if this area is nice to live or not..

I read some threads about Van buren area, and someone wrote this area as undesirable area to live... I started to confuse here,

Could anybody help us?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 06:42 AM

56,613 posts, read 80,910,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie79 View Post
We've been looking for a house in syracuse area. We have two little kids , so we would love to find a place that is family-friendly and safe and easy access to all the malls and stores.

We came across the area which is called, Baldwinsville or Van buren. I think it's more of Van buren area. We found a house was built by the Ryan homes area?? The pictures def. looks nice and it only showed the back of the house where lots of nice houses are. When I looked it up on the map, on the left side has farms.. I wonder if this area is nice to live or not..

I read some threads about Van buren area, and someone wrote this area as undesirable area to live... I started to confuse here,

Could anybody help us?

Thanks!!
They did? The Greater Baldwinsville area, which includes the towns of Van Buren and Lysander, is fine. WELCOME TO THE VILLAGE OF BALDWINSVILLE

Greater Baldwinsville Chamber of Commerce | B-Ville.com

Greater Baldwinsville Ice Arena

- YMCA of Greater Syracuse

http://www.bville.org/

Baldwinsville Schools | Baldwinsville, NY | Education.com

Baldwinsville Schools - Baldwinsville New York School Ratings - Public and Private

You might also like the Greater Liverpool, DeWitt(Jamesville-DeWitt or East Syracuse-Minoa SD's), Fayetteville-Manlius, Camillus/Fairmount, Westvale(town of Geddes) and the Cicero/North Syracuse areas.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:53 AM

1,537 posts, read 2,216,039 times
I have heard mixed things about Ryan Homes. I would be more worried about the builder than the area. Ryan Homes TRUE Nightmare Stories

Old 02-03-2011, 01:25 PM

655 posts, read 2,045,738 times
Default Indequate Home Inspections

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie79 View Post

Could anybody help us?

Thanks!!
Hi newbie79,

I see nothing wrong with the Van Buren area where you are looking nor do I think Ryan Homes is a bad builder. Complaints about Ryan Homes most often come from SOUTHERN STATES or other states where they don't believe in regulations of corporations and companies and those States don't have adequate building codes or adequate home construction inspections to see that the homes are built in a quality manner. NEVER BUY AN OLDER OR NEW HOME WITHOUT A >>GUARANTEED<< HOME INSPECTION or YOU are partly at fault. PASSING a home inspection and putting a CLAUSE in your offer on any home to that affect, will allow you to get out of buying a home that has conditions that do not pass the inspection. There may be nicer Ryan Home Development locations such as off Soule Road or off Long Branch Road or off Oswego Road/Route 57 in the Liverpool area, AND maybe nicer Ryan Developments off Lakeshore Road and off Lawton Road/Route 31 at the Cicero area but that opinion partly involves PERSONAL TASTES; that's for you to decide.

Feel free to ask additional questions. We all are glad to help you. Best of luck with your plans.

Click here and enter the street & city address to "GET MAP" of the street/home/neighborhood you are considering. .. www.mapblast.com/

Last edited by grdnrman; 02-03-2011 at 01:36 PM..

Old 03-28-2011, 06:59 AM

3,961 posts, read 8,518,023 times
I had a home built by Ryan Homes in Cicero, NY. We loved it and had no problems with it. VanBuren and Baldwinsville are a little more out in the suburbs. There are a lot of nice areas in Baldwinsville, Cicero, Liverpool and they all have good school districts and things to do for kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area