Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 04:09 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,269,040 times

Advertisements

OMG!!!!!

What silly gooses you all are.<---prolly gonna get another infraction for that gangster words. 2 just this week Four more and Syracuse becomes perfect again.

Did you really think I walked about with a tape measure. Its just a huge store. Out here it seems the organic part of stores is the whole store. And this isn't anykind of special store. Just a huge grocery store. I mean you can tell at a glance its bigger then Wegmans but how much who cares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 04:57 PM

93,196 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Umm.... It's not just a grocery store though. Hence the term Hypermarket.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:03 PM

1,538 posts, read 2,615,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Umm.... It's not just a grocery store though. Hence the term Hypermarket.
It's possible that some of them are just grocery stores. I have been to a couple in Portland, Oregon and I remember them selling food, but not much else. This was many moons ago though, so they may have turned into the "superstore" since then.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:09 PM

I asked my mother and sister have never heard that term.

One in Lake City is different I guess but the three in this area are all just Freddies.

Keep in mind they may have super secert names. I was in one and to the general public they are just large arsed grocery stores.

Also please to be remembering I don't have the slightest idea were any of this is, I'm just a passer by. WAY to much traffic for my bumpkin butt here.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
It's possible that some of them are just grocery stores. I have been to a couple in Portland, Oregon and I remember them selling food, but not much else. This was many moons ago though, so they may have turned into the "superstore" since then.
Perhaps, but many things start out as one thing, but evolve into something. Meijer did just that. On the website, it had ads for tools and clothes. So, it seems obvious that it is more than just a grocery store. I believe that Kroger owns Fred Meyer now.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:52 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,997,025 times
Quote:
Perhaps, but many things start out as one thing, but evolve into something. Meijer did just that. On the website, it had ads for tools and clothes. So, it seems obvious that it is more than just a grocery store. I believe that Kroger owns Fred Meyer now.
Meijer is, more or less, very very similar to a Walmart Supercenter in style. Discount department store + grocery.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:46 AM

Dark and gloomy here. Big surprise right?? People that hate Sun and heat but can't stand the endless Winters would find great happiness out here.

People who need Sun will be looking for an exit.

Most of the women out here are wearing jackets and UGH boots. I'm wearing shorts and flip flops. People that know I am from the East keep asking me if I am glad I'm not in the East. Like Sunshine is the enemy. Who knew there were 3.5 million vampires??

One of the worst things about Syracuse is that nothing but the basics are there. So getting anything reqires Rochester or Buffalo. Here everything I could ever want is just miles away. But I am traveling lite so I can't buy much<sad face>. I'll get some ideas and head to Buffalo this Summer.

Coffee out here is EVERYWHERE!!! Been getting my fix at Java Juggs. It is what it sounds like. With a nice tip I been paying 5 bucks for double expresso's and never so happy to do so.

Traffic!!! Holy crap. The area has 3.5 million people with 7 million cars and none of them seem to have homes, they just drive around texting all the time. People that like "diversity" would love it here. Just in this building is like the UN. Everybody is nice. Crime I would think was zero except maybe a dog crapping on your lawn. I think having a dog is a requirement. And no pitbulls, in Oneida pitbulls are like poodles to rednecks.

Overall a great place but not for me. My sister is something of a hippie pinko vegetarian so I told here I was gonna take my nephews into the mountians to shoot something.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:05 PM

I'm still wondering these "basics" that Syracuse doesn't have.

If you want a coffee fix and want to "Keep it 'Cuse", try this place next time you are in town: Dining in Armory Square - Freedom of Espresso

There's also locations in Liverpool, Pearl Street and Franklin Square.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:33 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,619,001 times
Quote:
I'm still wondering these "basics" that Syracuse doesn't have.

If you want a coffee fix and want to "Keep it 'Cuse", try this place next time you are in town: Dining in Armory Square - Freedom of Espresso

There's also locations in Liverpool, Pearl Street and Franklin Square.

While Buffalo and Rochester, are larger than Syracuse, all three metros have virtually all of the same national retailers as they share similiar demographics. Aside from Cheesecake Factory and PF Chang's, Syracuse has nearly all of the national retailers you would find in Buffalo or Rochester. Store directories for each metro's dominant shopping mall (Walden Galleria, Eastview and Carousel have a nearly identical roster of retailers). Rochester and Albany tend to have more locally owned, niche retailers that cater to affluent individuals in places like Pittsford and Saratoga respectively. Items like ultra high-end swiss watches, certain types of jewelry, and I would assume designer clothing would be more available in Rochester and Albany. For it's size, Syracuse has very few Starbucks locations.

If' he's referring to certain building products or other raw materials, Rochester and Buffalo may have more options because of their size. In the general scheme of things, however, all three metros have a very similiar concentration of national retailers.

Last edited by RollsRoyce; 06-10-2011 at 12:45 PM..

Old 06-10-2011, 02:13 PM

2,440 posts, read 5,757,375 times
meh. It's Sean. Funny how Syracuse has nothing but he travels half an hour there, often, to get everything he needs. Whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area