U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-07-2011, 03:29 PM

29,076 posts, read 33,033,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
If you guys wanna avoid all traffic right up til the parking lot try Northstar Orchards in Westmoreland. Take 5 to Rt 233 and its on the left. Or the Thruway takes you right to the front door(almost).

The place will be super packed but getting there would be effortless.
For those that might not know: North Star Orchards - Welcome

Can't forget Critz Farms in Cazenovia: Critz Farms: Cut Your Own Christmas Tree!

and Behling's in Mexico: About Behling Orchards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 03:44 PM

2,429 posts, read 1,389,639 times
Great Amish grocery just before Westmoreland also. Anyone that bakes should stop and see what they sell spices and molasses and such for. You will cry yourself to sleep thinking about what Walmart and Wegmans get for the same stuff after you see it.

Also if anyone has a Kurig coffee maker Clinton has a place that sells several hundred kinds of K-cup, yes HUNDREDS!!! And yes you can buy them singley.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:48 PM

1,346 posts, read 920,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post
Also if anyone has a Kurig coffee maker Clinton has a place that sells several hundred kinds of K-cup, yes HUNDREDS!!! And yes you can buy them singley.
We just got a Kurig. Do you have more details about this place?

Old 10-08-2011, 02:17 AM

Its Ram Spring Water.

Ram Spring Water

Due to some lifestyle changes I no longer use mine so I have about 50-75 flavors and a homemade display rack I'll let you have. I will actually be in Syracuse this morning, prolly the Armory Square FOE and up and down Erie Blvd. I also have a box of cocoa that my kid like but I think is gross. I may also be in Syracuse on Wednesday. I could leave the "stuff" in a brown paper bag under a street light for you.

BTW the Amish store sells huge bags of those tiny marshmellows, the dried up kind like Swiss Miss uses. My kid uses them in cocoa and also by the spoonful out of the bag.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:26 AM

Well today is my apple day. Don't sound to promising does it?? 50MPH winds?? WTF??

Like this every year. My kid has run cross country the past 7 years and she doesn't get a Saturday off til mid-October. So we go when we can and this late in the year the weather generally suck. This year we missed perfection by one week.

Out and about this morning and I think its possible <shudder> today maybe the day I find a pair of long pants and <double shudder> socks and <triple shudder and huge sigh> shoes.

Old 10-15-2011, 04:45 PM

Wow what a great day. Weather a tad iffy and the ride back sucked but the pickin' was good (little late in the season but we filled everything) and Northstar did there usual great job of everything.

My kid has a friend home for the weekend and she had never had great pizza. Great pizza means a trip to Herkimer so off we went. We then walked the city. Boy its bad. I can't even believe how bad it is. Anyone can see it now and know its done for but its worse if you can remember it being nice. I can, just barely. I made the right choice getting out of that town. Now Oneida is looking the same way Herkimer did when I knew it was time to get out. Jesus is it me thats killing these towns??

Old 10-18-2011, 07:22 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,782,555 times
Some people from work and I had a tour of Hotel Skyler yesterday. It's Syracuse's first LEED Platinum certified hotel. Really beautiful place - loved the whole design, furnishings, etc. They even have a cute little bar that serves organic/local alchololic beverages, as well as homemade pastries, cheesecakes, cheeses, etc.

Syracuse Hotels | The Skyler Hotel in Syracuse, New York

Old 10-20-2011, 11:15 AM

I just saw someone with a Hawaii license plate! That just made my day

Old 10-20-2011, 11:54 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,740,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
I just saw someone with a Hawaii license plate! That just made my day
I had a similar experience last November when I was downtown and saw someone driving a jet black Rolls Royce by the Synapse Building at State and Townsend. The man was even wearing a top hat. No joke.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post
I had a similar experience last November when I was downtown and saw someone driving a jet black Rolls Royce by the Synapse Building at State and Townsend. The man was even wearing a top hat. No joke.
haha well I moved here from Hawaii 2 years ago, so it's nice to know that I'm not the only one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area