U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 01:25 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,964,392 times

Advertisements

This link isn't related to Syracuse, however I thought it was one of the more entertaining police blotters I've read. Despite being one of the most affluent communities in the U.S, Scarsdale still has its share of property crime and dysfunctional residents. When people from some of the more working class communities in CNY label suburbs like Fayetteville, Manlius, Jamesville, Cazenovia and Skaneateles as being snotty - I often wish I could introduce them to Scarsdale as they ain't seen nothin'

http://www.scarsdale10583.com/201204...ricklayer.html

Some of the crimes are quite serious while others are just plain silly such as calling the cops because people who are non-residents are using the playground in the village (how would they know these people are non-residents, by their looks perhaps?) - this coming from a community that is filled with self rightheous do-gooders who like to lecture the world on tolerance and diversity (except in their backyard of course, LOL)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 01:32 PM

52,007 posts, read 74,604,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post
This link isn't related to Syracuse, however I thought it was one of the more entertaining police blotters I've read. Despite being one of the most affluent communities in the U.S, Scarsdale still has its share of property crime and dysfunctional residents. When people from some of the more working class communities in CNY label suburbs like Fayetteville, Manlius, Jamesville, Cazenovia and Skaneateles as being snotty - I often wish I could introduce them to Scarsdale as they ain't seen nothin'

Scarsdale, NY 10583 | Scarsdale Man Arrested for Menacing Bricklayer | Today's News | Your Community Corner

Some of the crimes are quite serious while others are just plain silly such as calling the cops because people who are non-residents are using the playground in the village (how would they know these people are non-residents, by their looks perhaps?) - this coming from a community that is filled with self rightheous do-gooders who like to lecture the world on tolerance and diversity (except in their backyard of course, LOL)
Is this a real blotter? Wow......

Old 04-17-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Is this a real blotter? Wow......
It sure is. The major newspaper in the county even picked up on the story involving the resident who threatened to kill the brick layer because the quality of his cratfstmanship was supbar.

Scarsdale man dissatisfied with sidewalk work at his home threatened worker, tossed brick at him, police say | The Journal News | LoHud.com | LoHud.com

Old 04-17-2012, 01:44 PM

Not to be outdone, here is another one:
Scarsdale, NY 10583 | White Plains Man Arrested for Easter Crime Spree in Scarsdale | Today's News | Your Community Corner

During the easter weekend a man dressed in white Chef's jacket and a black hat carrying a yellow gas container attempted to rob three different people at each time brandishing a screwdriver. During one of the incidents, the man entered a home and asked for a Taxi. When the homeowner called a taxi service, the suspect knocked him to the ground and said he was going to kill him. When the homeowner's wife screemed, the suspect said "just kidding." During the police interview, the suspect said he was addicated to crack and ran out of drug money because he lost his shoe down the street which contained $300.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:47 PM

1,537 posts, read 2,119,844 times
did you see this guy in the news the other day?
Police: Man attempted to rob Utica bank with toilet plunger - Utica, NY - The Observer-Dispatch, Utica, New York

Old 04-17-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post

Yes. That was hillarious. I almost fell out of my chair.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:08 PM

2,855 posts, read 3,348,224 times
I went out to work in the yard and had to come in to get a long sleeved shirt.

Did I just dream that 24 hours ago it was 90??

And I heard a frost warning on the radio.

Freakin weird.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:41 AM

1,664 posts, read 2,290,449 times
Indoor kart racing coming to Destiny?

Indoor kart racing coming to Destiny? - YNN, Your News Now

I used to go to one of these places when I lived in Las Vegas, never been to the one in New York/New Jersey.

Pole Position Raceway :: Indoor go kart racing in high-performance electric karts that is perfect for walk-in racers, birthday parties and corporate events. Experience real racing today

It was fun way to spend the day, esp. with the kids.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:44 AM

1,664 posts, read 2,290,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
ya LMAO, did you see the picture of him. I guess he's asking for some serious sh*#!

Old 04-18-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanplanner View Post
ya LMAO, did you see the picture of him. I guess he's asking for some serious sh*#!
He looks like one of those visionary Utica politicians. I like how the O-D says at the end of the article, "the plunger was recovered." I'm sure the citizens of Utica can rest easily knowing this violent weapon has been taken off the street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area