U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-26-2012, 03:38 PM

2,310 posts, read 1,986,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
I had the same issue at the Stanley Theater in Utica. People are a lot bigger now than when these theaters were built. They renovate everything except the seating because the more people you can cram in there, the more tickets you can sell.
Yeah it totally sucked. The Landmark was gorgeous but I will seriously avoid going there again unless it's a show I REALLY want to see. I almost had to get up and walk around just because I was so freaking uncomfortable. And like I said, I'm short. I cannot imagine what a tall person would feel like - must've been downright awful
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 04:29 PM

2,545 posts, read 1,566,440 times
I'm bigger and its pretty awful. The Stanley is real nice though so I can tough it out up to a point.

Have any of you been to the Event Center at Vernon Downs?? Its the banquet room opened up. The "seats" are the same chairs we sat on for our company Xmas party. A good show is still good but pain is part of the package.

I have not been to the Indians event center. I have heard its very nice.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:38 AM

580 posts, read 602,607 times
The Landmark situation is really bad, and seemingly unreported. I'm only 5'11" (and had an aisle seat) and could hardly bear to stay in my balcony seat.

Too bad, because there are some great shows coming through this year. Guess I'll try to suck it up. But it's a shame that the renovated theatre that everyone speaks so highly of is wildly uncomfortable for something like two-thirds of the audience.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:47 AM

1,557 posts, read 1,309,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
I had the same issue at the Stanley Theater in Utica. People are a lot bigger now than when these theaters were built. They renovate everything except the seating because the more people you can cram in there, the more tickets you can sell.
LOL!

Old 04-28-2012, 11:42 AM

What

I thought this was a done deal? Why is the City still negotiating with Tops?

Old 04-28-2012, 11:55 AM

918 posts, read 998,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanplanner View Post
What

I thought this was a done deal? Why is the City still negotiating with Tops?
Not sure, though 9WSYR is pretty bad at attention to details. Last P-S coverage said they were waiting on a state decision... Syracuse IDA approves tax exemptions worth about $572,000 for Valley Plaza | syracuse.com

Old 04-28-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acknight View Post
Not sure, though 9WSYR is pretty bad at attention to details. Last P-S coverage said they were waiting on a state decision... Syracuse IDA approves tax exemptions worth about $572,000 for Valley Plaza | syracuse.com
Thanks, here is what I found from WSTM "Tops in Valley Plaza gets funding, South Ave grocery on hold" which indicates some controversy surrounding Jubilee Homes wanting to bring a store that area?

Tops in Valley Plaza gets funding, South Ave grocery on hold : News : CNYcentral.com

Not sure if there is demand for two, but the area needs a grocery store. I think Tops would bring quality food to that neighborhood.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:46 PM

New food vendor at Syracuse Chiefs' ballpark brings fresh approach, varied cuisine:

New food vendor at Syracuse Chiefs' ballpark brings fresh approach, varied cuisine | syracuse.com

Top of the Order

Here's sampling of menu items now offered at Syracuse Chiefs' games:

At the Flavors of Syracuse stand: (served with a side of salt potatoes) Spiedie Sandwich: $7.50. Large pieces of marinated chicken in a grinder roll. Pulled Pork Sandwich: $7.50. Tender pulled pork topped with Dinosaur BBQ sauce on a fresh roll.
At the Chicken Fry Fry stand: (baskets served with fries) El Pollo Loco Chicken Sandwich: $8. Grilled chicken breast topped with chicken tenders, lettuce and tomato.
At the Hot Dog Nation stand: (served with chips) NY Dog: $5 Topped with sauerkraut, onion sauce and grain mustard South of the Border Dog: $5 Wrapped in a flour tortilla and topped with onions, black bean salsa and cheddar cheese Pops Special: $5 Hot Dog topped with macaroni and cheese
At the Syracuse Land & Cattle Co. (Premium Burger Bar): Split Finger Burger: $8. Fresh hamburger topped with a Hofmann's hot dog with a pinch of mozzarella cheese. Big Apple Cheddar Burger: $8. Fresh hamburger with cheddar cheese and sliced apple. Sidewinder Burger: $8. Fresh hamburger topped with a sausage patty.
Other snacks & sweets Parmesan Herb Pretzel: $4. Salt Potatoes: $3.50. Garlic Nuggets Basket: $3.50. Chief Fries (fries covered with mozzarella cheese & gravy): $5. Garlic Parmesan Fries: $5. Fried Dough Bats: $3.50.

I remember my first game at MacArthur Stadium when I was a little kid!

Last edited by urbanplanner; 05-02-2012 at 03:12 PM..

Old 05-02-2012, 03:16 PM

1,422 posts, read 1,037,511 times
That apple cheddar burger sounds interesting. Do they have a place in town not located in the ball park?

I hope the Chicken Fry stand changes the name of that chicken sandwich before the El Pollo Loco people catch wind of it. About - What is El Pollo Loco?

Old 05-02-2012, 04:51 PM

288 posts, read 233,116 times
I drove by Destiny USA the other day and I noticed the expansion is completely repainted and noticed that they're still doing something with the higher levels...probably redoing the glass or something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area