Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2012, 02:25 PM

93,290 posts, read 123,898,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanplanner View Post
Upstate-ESF biotech center gets new name to reflect it role as biotech business incubator | syracuse.com

The CNY Biotech Research Center is now the Biotech Accelerator, that will serve as a business incubator? Seriously, I thought that was the purpose of the Tech. Garden? Plus, I thought that the CNYBRC was going to assist biotech companies with research and development, not serve as a business inclubator. I swear, I think they make this up as they go along. Unless there is something I am missing, I am very disappointed!
I wonder if this was the plan along? I think people thought it would be more research based. So, I can see how people would be disappointed.

There are people in the Center of Excellence, but I don't know if more is in the works there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 03:02 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,865,699 times
Sorry for the strange question, but is it me or has it been sunnier up there than usual. I know it has been hot up there, but it seems to be a lot more sunny than I remember as I watch news videos and photos. I think it is great if it is, I remember rainy summers with thick clouds. Thanks.

Last edited by urbanplanner; 07-11-2012 at 03:15 PM..

Old 07-11-2012, 03:48 PM

406 posts, read 1,450,847 times
It's been too sunny, with very little rain. Everything is drying up, I worry about the farmers if we don't get some meaningful rain soon.

Old 07-11-2012, 04:07 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,270,099 times
From a personal comfort level it have been a dream Summer. Lots of Sun and warmth with a couple real nice days. Also very little humility.

The lack of rain however is a concern. On the edge of being a real concern. First cutting was the best ever. If it don't rain soon there will not be a second cutting. I think horse people prefer second cutting but the quiality of the first may offset this somewhat.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:00 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,526,158 times
I hit White Water Pub in Liverpool tonight and have nothing but positive results! They are still getting into the swing of things, but everything was great. Quite a selection of pub food and the chips they have are freaking amazing! Service was great and the owner, Dave, was nothing short of amazing! He was out and about visiting all the tables, came to us several times and just made our night! I definitely think I found my new hangout place!

Old 07-12-2012, 07:49 AM

580 posts, read 1,173,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanplanner View Post
Upstate-ESF biotech center gets new name to reflect it role as biotech business incubator | syracuse.com

The CNY Biotech Research Center is now the Biotech Accelerator, that will serve as a business incubator? Seriously, I thought that was the purpose of the Tech. Garden? Plus, I thought that the CNYBRC was going to assist biotech companies with research and development, not serve as a business inclubator. I swear, I think they make this up as they go along. Unless there is something I am missing, I am very disappointed!
Nah, that's been the idea all along. No worries. I posted about the name change about a month ago.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:36 PM

1,538 posts, read 2,616,050 times
Tried to go to the Melting Pot today. They are booked out for a week out, so if you wanted to go, you will need a reservation. Popeyes still has a very long line. I must say Destiny was packed and people actually had shopping bags, so even if they were there to leach air conditioning, they were also buying. I hope it keeps up the momentum.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:52 PM

93,290 posts, read 123,898,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
Tried to go to the Melting Pot today. They are booked out for a week out, so if you wanted to go, you will need a reservation. Popeyes still has a very long line. I must say Destiny was packed and people actually had shopping bags, so even if they were there to leach air conditioning, they were also buying. I hope it keeps up the momentum.
I hope it continues as well. Man, I really hope that COR really takes note when it is their turn to build near the Inner Harbor.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:57 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,526,158 times
Another great year at Finger Lakes Wine Festival - this is my third year going, I've made it a yearly thing ever since I moved to Syracuse. A bunch of my friends camped the whole weekend, but I ended up just going down for the day yesterday. Was a blast, as usual!

Old 07-17-2012, 06:20 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,616,050 times
Somewhere in this thread we talked about Oneida Castle. It is being torn down this week to make senior housing. Oneida Castle building comes down - Utica, NY - The Observer-Dispatch, Utica, New York
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area