Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 03:02 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,248,560 times

Advertisements

So now the fruit-loops wanna blow up Sangertown Mall.

Possible Threat Against Sangertown Mall Posted Online

I think it was actually yesterday.

The jewelry shop called yesterday and said my wedding band was in. I wasn't gonna go get it tonite but now I'm half tempted to go so maybe I can get my hands on one of the little Occutard pukes and beat him half to death before the cops stop me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 03:07 PM

92,013 posts, read 122,107,559 times
For those that want their Arts and Crafts fix: Downtown Syracuse

Old 07-27-2012, 05:01 PM

There's also the Ukrainian Festival on Tipp Hill this weekend and the Macedonian Festival is next weekend on Onondaga Hill. Both are often forgotten about cultural festivals in the area.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:29 PM

288 posts, read 507,737 times
I went to the Macedonian festivel last year and it was pretty small. Something I expected given the size of Macedonia.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:17 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,498,300 times
Guess nothing is really safe anymore these days. My bike was stolen from my porch in the Village of Liverpool. It was not locked up, but it was set back far enough that it was not easily seen from the sidwalk or road - someone would've had to come into my driveway or onto my porch to know it was there. Filing a police report today. Doubt I'll get it back. Just makes you lose your faith in humanity sometimes.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
Guess nothing is really safe anymore these days. My bike was stolen from my porch in the Village of Liverpool. It was not locked up, but it was set back far enough that it was not easily seen from the sidwalk or road - someone would've had to come into my driveway or onto my porch to know it was there. Filing a police report today. Doubt I'll get it back. Just makes you lose your faith in humanity sometimes.
Man, that is crazy. Do you know if there have been any suspicious people in the area lately?

Old 08-01-2012, 08:52 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,498,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Man, that is crazy. Do you know if there have been any suspicious people in the area lately?
Not that I'm aware of. And frankly, I never thought leaving it on my porch was an issue because it's the Village of Liverpool - crime doesn't really happen in the Village. It had to have been a kid because really who else would steal a bike? It was a mountain bike, nothing fancy, and definitely not worth alot on Craigslist (yes I already checked and didn't find it listed). Thankfully, I have pictures of it. And I bought it when I lived in Hawaii so it has a Hawaii registration tag sticker on it, something that could easily identify it as mine. People suck.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
Not that I'm aware of. And frankly, I never thought leaving it on my porch was an issue because it's the Village of Liverpool - crime doesn't really happen in the Village. It had to have been a kid because really who else would steal a bike? It was a mountain bike, nothing fancy, and definitely not worth alot on Craigslist (yes I already checked and didn't find it listed). Thankfully, I have pictures of it. And I bought it when I lived in Hawaii so it has a Hawaii registration tag sticker on it, something that could easily identify it as mine. People suck.
That's good that you have a registration tag on the bike. There has been times at SU where bike thefts have been an issue. So, DPS started to a bike registration program in order for bikes to be identified, just in case. U-bolt locks are another thing to invest in for your bike.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:34 PM

2,909 posts, read 4,248,560 times
I'M afraid that sticker is already gone and its been painted if they intend to keep it.

Sometimes its just a drunk that doesn't feel like walking. Good chance it will turn up and the police can return it to you.

Bike theft is so common here its just considered normal. The kids were always getting there bikes stolen. Leave a bike out one time and its gone here, zero exceptions.

Best one for me was I had a high dollar bike, like a grand so very good but far from the best. Bought it from a friend who died the next day so it meant alot to me. Once in a lifetime series of events resulted in it being left unlocked for one evening in the 10 years I owned it. Of coarse it was stolen. But I had an idea who had done it. So a little money changed hands with my buddies step-son and I got my bike back and the thief got laid up for afew weeks. They did strip the bike of all the saddle bags and other gear.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:04 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,603,905 times
Top 10 drinking towns. Syracuse is ranked number six, with seven bars per every 10,000 households.
Syracuse ranked in top 10 drinking towns - YNN, Your News Now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area