Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 08:14 PM

3,512 posts, read 9,425,253 times

Advertisements

On a post awhile back someone was asking for pictures of Cicero, NY. I just joined this site, so I thought I'll post my pics if someone was still interested.

I also have many more pictures of other suburban towns near Syracuse, NY. And also pics of the city itself. So just ask me if you want see any other places in and around Syracuse, I'd be happy to post them if I have the towns you are interested in. Some facts about Cicero, NY

-has a population of about 30,000
-Interstate 81 and 481 go through it
-Oneida Lake (the largest lake fully in the State) borders it to the north
-the commute into Syracuse takes about 20 minutes
-Most major chains are in Cicero, a new Target is under construction
-Syracuse's "Parade of Homes" is taking place this week in a new subdivision in Cicero

Last edited by bellafinzi; 11-16-2010 at 03:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2006, 09:29 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,588,635 times
Nice picutres. I'm from Rochester but I'm not too familiar with Syracuse really. This reminds me of the town of Webster just outside of Rochester. It's right on Lake Ontario and also has a lot of new contruction.

Old 09-10-2006, 05:54 PM

Thanks i'minformed. Cicero's growth is really starting to take off. Before 2 or 3 years ago, Cicero was mostly known for moderately priced homes. Today, developers are building very high end homes for this region. For example, this home featured in the Parade of Homes this year in Cicero went for $520,000 (it's already sold):

Highlights of the above home include:
- 3,500 sq ft
- 4 bedrooms 2.5 baths
- 3 car garage
- 2 staircases
-Home theatre
-Billiards room
-in ground pool
-brick patio
-landscaping is already done, picture was taken before landscaping was complete

I used to think that only the top three school districts in the region like Baldwinsville, DeWitt and Fayetteville/Manlius were the only towns where very expensive homes would be built around Syracuse, but today almost all the major local suburban school districts have new high end subdivisions.

Old 09-10-2006, 06:53 PM

161 posts, read 1,049,354 times
Nice Job Bella, You should be the spokes person for Cisero. I recently moved to Baldwinsville and I love it. Just to add to what you have said. There is so much shopping and restaurants nearby. There is so little traffic. We run over to Liverpool, Dewitt, Clay, North Syarcuse and Syracuse like it is nothing. Every thing is within 15 minutes from us. We really love it compared to Long Island. The transition is tough though, particuliarly for our two teenagers. They like it here but they don't have their old social circle and that makes it tough. Otherwise I rate this area a 9.5 on a scale of 10. Nice job again. GH

Old 09-11-2006, 09:15 AM

116 posts, read 622,223 times
Great pics. I wish there were some of these for Rochester, instead of the typical touristy ones. I'd love to see a bunch of pics for the area, particularly the east rochester suburbs *hint hints*

Old 09-11-2006, 02:58 PM

Thanks JWilliams.

Glen NY, thank you. I'm glad you like the Baldwinsville/Lysander area. That part of the county is probably my favorite area. It has a lot of potential. All the rolling hills, the Erie Canal/Seneca River, the views of the countryside from Route 370, Radisson planned community, B'ville downtown and waterfront, Beaver Lake Nature Center Park with all the walking trails, and the its all very close to all the retail development on Route 31 in Clay. I do not have many pictures showing all of what the Baldwinsville/Lysander suburbs have to offer, but I'd be happy to post what I do have in another thread. Maybe it can help people on here picture where you live and why you like it so much.

Cicero is a nice area too. It has other things to offer like Oneida Lake, its very close to the major highways, Airport, and to all the businesses near I-481 in DeWitt, lower home prices than the more hilly areas of the county just to name a few. I know a lot about Cicero, but I'd be happy to be a spokes person for any suburban town in Onondaga County. They are all very unique and all have their own pluses and minuses.

Old 09-11-2006, 03:17 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,151,799 times
Bellafinzi
very nice homes and the prices don't seem shocking.

I see you took one pic of the interstate sign pointing up to Watertown. is there much economic activity going on in Watertown these days besides Camp Drum?

Old 09-11-2006, 03:36 PM

Thanks Southside Shrek. I don't know much about Watertown. Only gone by it on my way to the Thousand Islands and to Montreal. Last I heard they had a shortage of housing because they added a Military division to Fort Drum. Some even had to live in the northern suburbs of Syracuse because the lack of housing up there. Sorry that I can't give you much more info about it.

Old 09-12-2006, 02:59 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,151,799 times
Bellafinzi
a friend from Watertown told me a while back that Ft Drum was now the main support industry for the town.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:17 PM

371 posts, read 2,029,655 times
Bellafinzi, How do you know so much about New York State? I thought you were from Chicago but now live in Wisconsin. I was the one that posted about the Wisconsin-Illinois feud. I only ask because I'm a native of New York State, specifically Skaneateles. I grew up between Skaneateles lake and Otisco. I used to swim both lakes in the Summer. Well I was just being nosey. I liked your pictures too. Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area