U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 06:21 AM

838 posts, read 1,424,015 times

Advertisements

I now have a theory about the green facade. I drove by the site of the new Ronald McDonald house this mornign and saw the USG insulation board sheathing that was going up on the structural steel. It's the same shade of green as the stuff at CCM. The upper part of that main tower is most likely a source of significant heat loss as it's open all the way to the Commons level in the center and heat rises. Adding an extra insulation layer there could help a bit (not that much as so much of the upper tower is windows and roof.) The second part of my guess is that this is another little thing they're are doing in an attempt to bolster their case with the IRS that they deserve to get a special exemption and keep the Green Bond status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 06:22 PM

3,168 posts, read 4,625,914 times
Well I didn't get to the mall tonight because my dog was sick. Looks like I'll have to brave the crowds either this weekend or next week. I really just need to get presents for my sister and have no freaking clue what to get her

Old 12-15-2011, 10:14 PM

103 posts, read 176,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
Well I didn't get to the mall tonight because my dog was sick. Looks like I'll have to brave the crowds either this weekend or next week. I really just need to get presents for my sister and have no freaking clue what to get her

How about some clothes? Or a Kindle? That way you don't even have to go to the mall. Just order it from Amazon. Is Congel the guy building that huge house in Manlius or Fayetteville? It's on the border area off rte. 92.

Hope your dog feels better.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:51 AM

3,168 posts, read 4,625,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTwoman View Post
How about some clothes? Or a Kindle? That way you don't even have to go to the mall. Just order it from Amazon. Is Congel the guy building that huge house in Manlius or Fayetteville? It's on the border area off rte. 92.

I wish it were that easy! She wouldn't enjoy a Kindle and seeing as our clothing tastes are completely opposite, I would never buy her clothes. Not to mention, she openly tells everyone that she hates receiving gift cards for presents. I always like to go all out for presents and for her birthday this past summer, her boyfriend and I went in together and got her tickets to a Patriots home game. My birthday was in November and she didn't even get me a present - a few weeks later she took me to buy a new phone since mine broke. So it makes me not want to put alot of effort into gifts for her anymore because she doesn't for me. There's nothing wrong with that, but she's constantly disappointing me so I just need to stop going above and beyond and thinking I'll get the same in return.

Yes I believe that is his house - proulxfamily posted pics in the Chat Thread I think - maybe in the past few weeks, so it may just be a page or two back.

And thanks - I have to bring her back to the vet at 8am to see if she needs to be re-admitted for hospitalization or if I can keep her home. If it's the latter, I will most likely be working from home today

Old 12-17-2011, 09:40 AM

2,440 posts, read 4,956,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
LEED certification is VERY stringent. If it doesn't meet the necessary requirements, they absolutely will not certify the project. So no worries - he can't bully LEED accredidation
His fortress is up to LEED standards. lol - there were dozens of vehicles working there on Thursday night, when I drove by at 8pm. Pitch black night and floodlights to keep the construction workers going...

Old 12-17-2011, 09:42 AM

2,440 posts, read 4,956,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTwoman View Post

Yep! It's that house that has workers all over it *constantly*, right over the Highbridge Road overpass.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:06 AM

838 posts, read 1,424,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proulxfamily View Post
Yep! It's that house that has workers all over it *constantly*, right over the Highbridge Road overpass.
He must have a tax rebate deal with a deadline ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area