U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 01:15 PM

4 posts, read 5,520 times

Advertisements

Hello, brand new to this forum. I am an experienced Personal Trainer looking to relocate back to my home town. I am looking for any leads I can find on what companies in Syracuse offer a staffed on site fitness center. Much thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 05:09 PM

56,252 posts, read 80,427,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actorguy1 View Post
Hello, brand new to this forum. I am an experienced Personal Trainer looking to relocate back to my home town. I am looking for any leads I can find on what companies in Syracuse offer a staffed on site fitness center. Much thanks.
I believe that Syracuse Research Corporation does and I think Sensis Corporation has one too. Check with SU or the other colleges too. Check for companies here too: Central New York Jobs

Old 01-01-2012, 06:47 PM

8,516 posts, read 3,940,031 times
CxTec comes to mind.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:47 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,067,113 times
I would also check Welch Allyn in Skaneateles Falls.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:26 AM

Yes, 2 great suggestions. I forgot to mention that Sensis is now SAAB Sensis and I found out that they do have a fitness center: Saab Sensis Corporation - Life & Leisure

and more information: Health

Unique Company with a Unique Culture | CXtec

SRC / Quality of Life and Work

http://www.anaren.com/content/File/HRBenefits.pdf (broken link)

You may want to check with these companies as well: INFICON provides world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement and control.

Syracuse, NY | Lockheed Martin (http://www.lockheedmartin.com/ms2/siteinformation/syracuse/index.html - broken link)

AMRI | Syracuse Research Center

SSAC

http://ahn03.com/radisson/picture/20...ss_listing.pdf (i.e.- Budweiser, McLane, etc.)

Perhaps places like the Hartford, AXA, Carrols Corporate offices, the TV stations, Crouse-Hinds, Blue Cross-Blue Shield and Bristol-Myers, among others.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:14 AM

Great start, thanks so much to all.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:40 AM

60 posts, read 111,663 times
SRC has an on-site fitness center, but it is not staffed. Welch Allyn has a staffed fitness center as does Sensis (at least it did a few years ago).

Old 01-30-2012, 12:54 PM

Thanks again to all. Still on the lookout, can't wait.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:51 AM

Another place to possibly look is at the Post-Standard.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:50 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,067,113 times
I would also check the following places:

National Grid (formerly Niagara Mohawk) They have downsized considerably in recent years by restacking their space and replacing many of their management, finance and IT functions that were perfomed out of Syracuse with dead-end call center jobs; so they may or may not have a fitness center, but it's worth checking out.

Bank of New York Mellon: Company has two local back office facilities, one in East Syracuse near Carrier Circle and a smaller space at Dey's Plaza in Downtown Syracuse. If they were to have a fitness center, it would probably be located in East Syracuse.

EMA (Eric Mower & Associates): Largest Advertising and PR firm in Syracuse and one of the largest in Upstate New York. Company employs 100 people at Armory Square headquarters. Small firm to house fitness center, but company stresses work and life balance so it may be worth a try.

Pinckney Hugo: Fastest growing marketing/PR firm in Syracuse. Article several years ago mentioned they have a fitness center in building they own on West Genesee Street just west of downtown. Due to size of firm (roughly 50 employees) I am doubtful that its staffed full-time.

Carrier: Despite the highly publicized closure of its factory in 2002, Carrier still employs around 1,000 people at its DeWitt location which serves as the company's largest R&D center in the world and headquarters of Carrier Transicold, a division of Carrier. Although the headquarters of Carrier has been in the Hartford area for decades, the Syracuse operation has increasingly transitioned to being a white collar facility with a strong concentration of engineering talent as well as marketing, finance, and supply chain management. Carrier currently lists 149 available jobs companywide with 30 of those jobs located in Syracuse. A large percentage of the Syracuse jobs offer paid relocation and are highly specialized. For an employee retention and attraction standpoint, I would expect the company to have a fitness center.

Raymour & Flanigan: Company has distribution center and headquarters on Morgan Road in Liverpool.

Syracuse VA Center: Syracuse has an expanding VA hospital. While not a private sector employer, pay levels at the federal level may be more attractive than some local companies.

Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area