Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 03:09 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,847,481 times

Advertisements

It seems to be a trend for the film and entertainment industry to use Syracuse as a film location; CBS's "Unforgettable", upcoming sit-com "Upstate (working on the Pilot) and now a movie...

New film to be produced in Syracuse is having an open casting call
www.syracuse.com

I had no idea that Syracuse had a film office and marketing CNY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 03:14 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,497,582 times
Yeah I posted it in the chat thread the other day lol. One of my friends was going to go to the casting, but decided not to. I was actually contacted through Couch Surfing by this girl that will be working on the film as well

Old 01-22-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
Yeah I posted it in the chat thread the other day lol. One of my friends was going to go to the casting, but decided not to. I was actually contacted through Couch Surfing by this girl that will be working on the film as well
Sorry, I keep doing that. I don't check that Syracuse chat thread the way I should. I actually wasn't sure if I should start this thread. I will know next time, when in doubt...check Syracuse Chat.

If you become a big star, I expect an autograph.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanplanner View Post
Sorry, I keep doing that. I don't check that Syracuse chat thread the way I should. I actually wasn't sure if I should start this thread. I will know next time, when in doubt...check Syracuse Chat.

If you become a big star, I expect an autograph.
lol no worries! I wasn't sure if I should've started a thread before, so I just posted it in the chat. But I don't think anyone even commented on it.

But no, no big stardom for me I'm active in hosting couch surfers, and the girl working on the film was looking for a place to stay. I wish I could've helped her, but my one dog has been in the hospital, so it's not a good time

Old 01-22-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
lol no worries! I wasn't sure if I should've started a thread before, so I just posted it in the chat. But I don't think anyone even commented on it.

But no, no big stardom for me I'm active in hosting couch surfers, and the girl working on the film was looking for a place to stay. I wish I could've helped her, but my one dog has been in the hospital, so it's not a good time
Sorry about your dog, hope he/she feels better.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Sorry about your dog, hope he/she feels better.
Thanks! He's at the 24hr clinic... hoping he can come home this evening

Old 01-23-2012, 02:06 PM

Local sitcom "Upstate" looks to be sold to a national audience - NewsChannel 9 WSYR

Local sitcom "Upstate" looks to be sold to national audience. You can watch the pilot of “Upstate” this Thursday on NewsChannel 9. WSYR 9 will be airing the pilot right after a "Making of Upstate" show hosted by Carrie Lazarus which starts at 8p.m.

Steve Kimitian commented, "In some ways Syracuse is in every part of the show. The locations, people, what we do, the kind of environment and the weather. It's definitely a show about Syracuse and upstate."

I hope it is a fair presentation of Syracuse and upstate!

Old 01-23-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Local sitcom "Upstate" looks to be sold to a national audience - NewsChannel 9 WSYR

Local sitcom "Upstate" looks to be sold to national audience. You can watch the pilot of “Upstate” this Thursday on NewsChannel 9. WSYR 9 will be airing the pilot right after a "Making of Upstate" show hosted by Carrie Lazarus which starts at 8p.m.

Steve Kimitian commented, "In some ways Syracuse is in every part of the show. The locations, people, what we do, the kind of environment and the weather. It's definitely a show about Syracuse and upstate."

I hope it is a fair presentation of Syracuse and upstate!
Awesome!!! I am definitely going to watch the pilot as well as the show on making it. Should be very interesting!

Old 01-23-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Awesome!!! I am definitely going to watch the pilot as well as the show on making it. Should be very interesting!
Seems it has good reviews, at least from the locals.

'Upstate' pilot leaves Syracusans laughing, applauding | syracuse.com

and getting some national press (generally same article)...

Pilot for "Upstate" sitcom airs in Syracuse | Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/entertainment/2012/01/pilot-upstate-sitcom-airs-syracuse/2124441 - broken link)
http://online.wsj.com/article/APbd9d...97f9b6258.html
http://www.the-leader.com/newsnow/x1...rs-in-Syracuse

on to Miami for the BIG "plug".

Last edited by urbanplanner; 01-23-2012 at 02:48 PM..

Old 02-11-2012, 11:50 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,603,598 times
On the set: Hollywood movie shooting in Syracuse brings on more star power with John Cusack, others joining cast | syracuse.com

“We looked at Detroit, then we came here,” Coffey said. “As soon as I left the airport and drove around, I knew I wanted to shoot here. The architecture, everything is wonderful. We’re mindful to shoot as much of this city as we can.”

Sweet, they were looking for a trashy depressed city to shoot a movie about drug addiction and adult book stores and Syracuse fit the bill better than Detroit. We're #1!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area