U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:22 AM

227 posts, read 718,480 times

Advertisements

I just want to say how beautiful your pictures turned out. My husband and I visited there once a few years back and we have very close friends there and are considering moving there someday, perhaps soon. I really appreciate your pictures. Thanks a whole bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 09:28 AM

173 posts, read 544,247 times
Wow-just checked out those pics of Syracuse & added it to my list of places to travel to. Looks like a cool place. Great pics!

Old 04-24-2008, 04:49 PM

17 posts, read 69,257 times
Default Pics

I just have to say I've been admiring these pictures for awhile now. I finally made the move to Oswego from Florida and am working in downtown Syracuse. I've had a few opportunities to get out and look around. I actually recognize some of the buildings in your pictures. I haven't been able to take pictures (except with my phone), but the Bank of America building in Clinton Square is gorgeous too. I'm working in the Nettles Commons building. Not sure if you've heard of it, but its an amazing building too. And the church across the street is beautiful. I can't wait to get around and check out more of these amazing old buildings. We just don't have that in South Florida. I'm going to go back and check all of your pictures out now that I have somewhat of an idea of where I am. Thanks for posting all of them.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:00 PM

2,359 posts, read 8,177,144 times
Thanks nallen! Glad you found the pics useful!

I recognize the name Nettles Commons, but I don't remember which building it is or where it's located.

Wow. If you moved to the City of Oswego...that's one long commute to Downtown SYR! Might be kind of rough next winter.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:37 PM

18 posts, read 56,865 times
Great architecture. I used to vacation there when i was young. Love the old
brown stone buildings.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:09 PM

5 posts, read 11,014 times
I love these pictures. Everytime I visit home I get to see something new. I do see downtown Syracuse Grow. The sumer time in Syracuse it awesome. I miss it!

Dear Scranton, do you really believe what your wrote. Have you driven around Scranton? You really think that Scranton is ahead of Syracuse?

Well, I admire your faith in Scranton. Its something to dream of :-)

Old 02-06-2009, 11:18 AM

3 posts, read 20,592 times
hi i would like to move to the downtown syracuse area and maybe seek employment as a cna in the hospitals there...what do u think ladies would that be a good idea...i currently live in the utica ny area..thanks for any info u might have....mlinda

Old 02-06-2009, 01:07 PM

125 posts, read 380,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nallen1597 View Post
I just have to say I've been admiring these pictures for awhile now. I finally made the move to Oswego from Florida and am working in downtown Syracuse. I've had a few opportunities to get out and look around. I actually recognize some of the buildings in your pictures. I haven't been able to take pictures (except with my phone), but the Bank of America building in Clinton Square is gorgeous too. I'm working in the Nettles Commons building. Not sure if you've heard of it, but its an amazing building too. And the church across the street is beautiful. I can't wait to get around and check out more of these amazing old buildings. We just don't have that in South Florida. I'm going to go back and check all of your pictures out now that I have somewhat of an idea of where I am. Thanks for posting all of them.
Actually, It's Nettleton Commons..was the Nettleton Shoe Factory at one time, I believe it also housed the Julius Resnick Pocket Book Company...
Do you get that wonderful aroma from Columbus Bakery??? mmmmm

Old 02-06-2009, 01:31 PM

56,263 posts, read 80,446,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlinda View Post
hi i would like to move to the downtown syracuse area and maybe seek employment as a cna in the hospitals there...what do u think ladies would that be a good idea...i currently live in the utica ny area..thanks for any info u might have....mlinda
I don't think you would have any problems with finding a job in the Syracuse area in the health care sector. There are lofts Downtown and you have the University area neighborhoods close by too. So, come on over.....

Old 02-11-2009, 06:27 AM

94 posts, read 250,424 times
The photo tour was outstanding. It's been years since I've been to Syacuse and your pictures have put it in a new light for me.
Thanks for the time and effort you put into this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or