Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 08:04 PM

93,292 posts, read 123,941,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger6 View Post
Damn, you busted me. I've lived in Liverpool for the last ten years and absolutely love it! I was just bored tonight, so I decided to use your time machine to go back 3 months and create my profile. Then I got back in the time machine, returned to beautiful downtown Liverpool, and made up a whole story about how I can't find decent housing. And you know why? Just so I could make someone I've never even heard of before suspicious of my BB profile! You cracked the case, Sherlock!!

You really should apply to the Syracuse P.D., or at least get a black cowl with pointed ears.
Nope, that's not it. So, do you want to stay in Henderson and commute much further than you have to or do you want to find a more reasonable alternative(if you really need one)? I know you are well versed in the area, but you never know. Those half commutes from Baldwinsville and all(right), are better than having to commute an hour to work in Syracuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 08:51 PM

38 posts, read 67,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Nope, that's not it. So, do you want to stay in Henderson and commute much further than you have to or do you want to find a more reasonable alternative(if you really need one)? I know you are well versed in the area, but you never know. Those half commutes from Baldwinsville and all(right), are better than having to commute an hour to work in Syracuse.
Look, I told my story and you responded with totally useless information about apartments you lived in 4 years ago. Take a few minutes to click on the link I put in my original reply to you and you'll see that the information you provided is outdated. Just move on, Super-sleuth

Old 03-09-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Look, I told my story and you responded with totally useless information about apartments you lived in 4 years ago. Take a few minutes to click on the link I put in my original reply to you and you'll see that the information you provided is outdated. Just move on, Super-sleuth
Again, my information wasn't about you, but for others that may read the posts on here. By the way, did you even look in other communities in the area?

Woodhaven Apartments for Rent | Syracuse NY Apartments on Apartmentfinder.com

Briarcliff Estates Apartments for Rent | Syracuse NY Apartments on Apartmentfinder.com

High Acres Apartments for Rent | Syracuse NY Apartments on Apartmentfinder.com

Lakeview Apartments for Rent | Liverpool NY Apartments on Apartmentfinder.com

Franklin Park Apartments for Rent | East Syracuse NY Apartments on Apartmentfinder.com

Suburban Park Apartments for Rent | Manlius NY Apartments on Apartmentfinder.com

Cedarwood Apartments for Rent | Baldwinsville NY Apartments on Apartmentfinder.com

Kimbrook Manor Apartments for Rent | Baldwinsville NY Apartments on Apartmentfinder.com

Braeside Apartments for Rent | Marcellus NY Apartments on Apartmentfinder.com

Maple Manor Apartments for Rent | Bridgeport NY Apartments on Apartmentfinder.com

Lakepointe Apartments for Rent | Brewerton NY Apartments on Apartmentfinder.com

Candlewood Gardens Apartments for Rent | Baldwinsville NY Apartments on Apartmentfinder.com

Old 03-09-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
You only joined in January 2012 and this is the first thread you've posted. If you came here for advice in the past, you never posted.
Exactly and if people ask for advice and give specific information, they would get a bunch of responses. It also doesn't help deflect the skepticism when there is incorrect/conflict information in regards to the OP. So, it makes you wonder if they really want help or are posting for the sake of posting.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Exactly and if people ask for advice and give specific information, they would get a bunch of responses. It also doesn't help deflect the skepticism when there is incorrect/conflict information in regards to the OP. So, it makes you wonder if they really want help or are posting for the sake of posting.
I never said I wanted help. I related my experiences. Are you people all learning disabled or something?

Old 03-09-2012, 10:18 PM

It is precisely the apartment situation around here. No one has been able to prove me wrong and others agree with me. Give me an apartment complex that fits the profile I gave in the OP and I'll tell you what they are like. Unfortunately, I will only be able to tell you what they are like in this decade. You'll have to fill us on on what they were like 8 years ago.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
It is precisely the apartment situation around here. No one has been able to prove me wrong and others agree with me. Give me an apartment complex that fits the profile I gave in the OP and I'll tell you what they are like. Unfortunately, I will only be able to tell you what they are like in this decade. You'll have to fill us on on what they were like 8 years ago.
I only saw one usual dissenter and another that said that the apartment they were in was dated, but liked it and they had similar needs. So, you didn't have too much agreement.

Also, you looked at apartments in certain areas and not in others.

Again, I posted a list of apartments, but you seem to have selective reading skills and give suspect information. Covered Bridge is in Liverpool, not DeWitt and Baldwinsville is not 30 minutes from Downtown Syracuse.

Also, you didn't look into rental homes or at least very limited number of rental homes. So, I don't know if this makes your experience the standard for the whole area. For you or in a similar situation, maybe, but everyone's needs will vary.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:37 AM

288 posts, read 510,324 times
ToeJam....Maybe it is because there are nice cheap apartments in the Syracuse area...maybe he wasn't aware of them...so we had to make him aware so he doesn't walk around thinking he's right when he actually is wrong

Old 03-10-2012, 11:31 AM

3,058 posts, read 3,823,927 times
Default difference in regions

Clearly, as someone who has spent time in both Raleigh and Upstate NY (not Syracuse) can attest that the apartment situation is vastly different. Comparing an old, northeastern city to a city in the new South, I will say that the apartments down south are far, far more desirable as a place to live than anywhere in the northeast. I tried living upstate and I just couldn't get over how old, damaged, and shady the apartment complexes tend to be.

They seem to have a better grip on what younger, active people want the typical apartment dweller. They want to have a pet, a pool, a gym, maybe a tennis or basketball court, and some places even have their own dog parks. The south is clearly newer and more in tune to modern apartment amenities.

What the OP found upstate doesn't surprise me at all. Its discouraging.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSunlight View Post
Clearly, as someone who has spent time in both Raleigh and Upstate NY (not Syracuse) can attest that the apartment situation is vastly different. Comparing an old, northeastern city to a city in the new South, I will say that the apartments down south are far, far more desirable as a place to live than anywhere in the northeast. I tried living upstate and I just couldn't get over how old, damaged, and shady the apartment complexes tend to be.

They seem to have a better grip on what younger, active people want the typical apartment dweller. They want to have a pet, a pool, a gym, maybe a tennis or basketball court, and some places even have their own dog parks. The south is clearly newer and more in tune to modern apartment amenities.

What the OP found upstate doesn't surprise me at all. Its discouraging.
You can find similar complexes up here too. So, that's not really the issue. When the OP says that people told him about apartments, he doesn't give any names. So, it sounds fishy.

Where in Upstate NY are you from? Upstate NY varies, as Syracuse and say Elmira aren't the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area