Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2012, 04:58 AM

5 posts, read 8,387 times

Advertisements

This board seems to be very helpful whenever I've perused it, so I'm hoping you all can help me out too. The only two amenities I really truly care about (indoor parking and my own laundry) definitely seem to indicate I should be buying, but to be honest I am not sure I am ready for that and I'm not sure I want to deal with my own lawn care, maintenance, etc. I'm considering condos as well, but really, I'd like to rent.

So far, I've have found Dey's Plaza, Lakefront Lofts, and a couple of town-home rentals that fit the bill. I'm even considering forgoing the parking thing for the Lofts at Franklin Square as I very much like the area and was pleased with a friend's apartment there. There are also a couple of places in B'ville (Radisson and TimberBanks), but it's a pretty decent drive from where I work, and the prices to add on a garage put them possibly out of a comfortable range for me.

Does anyone know of anything else out there? It does not have to be downtown, but I'd prefer not too far out of the city/Onondaga Hill area. Budget is around $950 or less (one bedroom) unless it includes a decent amount of utilities. Ideally, of course, I'd like to spend less, but that doesn't seem very likely at this point. Any opinions of/experiences with the options I've listed would be very helpful as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 06:12 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,526,158 times
The only other thing I can think of besides what you've already found is to rent a house with a garage. But if you do that, chances are you will have to take care of lawn care (but not maintenance)

Old 03-17-2012, 11:11 AM

93,280 posts, read 123,898,066 times
This may help: Apartments in Syracuse with Laundry Facility | On Site Laundry Apartments in Syracuse

Old 03-17-2012, 05:14 PM

5 posts, read 8,387 times
Becca - thanks. I had thought about a house rental, but decided against it for the lawn care aspect. (If I'm going to mow the lawn, I better own the place )

Ckhthankgod - I have searched the apartmentfinder site endless times, but I appreciate the link. I am however looking for laundry inside the actual apartment, not simply a building with laundry facilities.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:53 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,526,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourire View Post
Becca - thanks. I had thought about a house rental, but decided against it for the lawn care aspect. (If I'm going to mow the lawn, I better own the place )

Ckhthankgod - I have searched the apartmentfinder site endless times, but I appreciate the link. I am however looking for laundry inside the actual apartment, not simply a building with laundry facilities.
Yeah I would say your best bet would be one of the loft places you've already listed. Most complexes around the area do not have laundry IN the unit. Some of them do have hook-ups, but don't provide the machines.

I am currently in a flat that has hookups, but the cost of buying or renting from Rent-A-Center wasn't worth it... so I deal with going to the laundromat (even though I hate it lol)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area