Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 09:32 AM

53 posts, read 155,339 times

Advertisements

I am trying Craigslist too, so far no luck. I put a 'wanted' ad in there too just recently. I am a little worried about it though due to all the scams. 'ckh', I've been to all those sites but the first one. Waiting to hear back from some. I especially like the non student housing one. Still searching, just getting worried as my options keep closing.

Here is what I've checked, let me know if I missed any you know of:
Greenway-heard back, low income, no thanks
Kings Gate West-no availability
The Hammocks at Timber Banks-no pets

These rest I'm waiting to hear back from, any input would be great!
Breckenridge
Norstar
Orchard Estates
Pinecrest Manor
Kimbrook Manor
Center Pointe at Radisson
Wildwood Ridge
Timberlane Estates
The Willows & Northwood
Walnut West
Brookwood on the Green
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 09:49 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,526,687 times
NO to Orchard Estates and Pinecrest Manor

Old 05-13-2012, 04:26 PM

I would never suggest this normally because of the fact that it's connected to all the other complexes in that area, but given your requirements you may also want to look at Saddle Club Townhomes. The issue I have with the area is that there are about 15 complexes back there, some of which have less than stellar tenants. I would say use them as a last resort.

What about something like this? Eastwood is a good area
Single Family Home

Old 05-14-2012, 11:16 AM

Thanks Becca so much for all your help. I crossed Orchards Estates and Pinecrest off my list. So Saddle Club is in that area past Gold's gym that you have said is bad? I contacted them but am hoping on one of the other ones panning out. Here are my updates for today:

Breckenridge-Is this behind the gym too?
Norstar-this might be available, any opinions?
Kimbrook Manor-still waiting
Center Pointe at Radisson-still waiting
Wildwood Ridge-still waiting
Timberlane Estates-still waiting
The Willows & Northwood-still waiting
Walnut West-still waiting
Brookwood on the Green-Cats only
High Acres-none available

Old 05-14-2012, 01:54 PM

93,299 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Breckenridge is in that area closer to Route 57. I'd say that the rest are at least alright. With the Willows and Northwood, I think the Willows side looks better though.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:30 PM

Yes Saddle Club is right next to the Gold's Gym. I would never normally even suggest them - like I said, use them as a last resort, maybe even a shorter lease if by chance you cannot find a place. I believe Breckenridge is right across from Candlelight Lane, which is the #1 problem complex back there...so I would be hesitent to go with them as well.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:21 PM

Default Update

Saddle Club can give us a townhome in July no problem. Wildwood Ridge said no pets, and Willows & Northwood only allow one pet (we have a cat AND small dog). Timberlane I thought had three bedroom, guess I was wrong. Walnut West is cats only. Norstar has an availability, but is very tiny (900 sq feet). So, if it came down to things should I go for the larger townhome in Saddle Club in the 'sketchy' area or the smaller apartment at Norstar and rent a storage unit (we are currently in a 1600 sq foot townhome). Norstar is cheaper though, has lots of activities and includes heat. But do you think the more space would be better, maybe because of the winters (shut in more?) Which do you think?

Old 05-14-2012, 05:41 PM

93,299 posts, read 123,941,088 times
I'd probably go with Norstar. It is still in a good location in terms of being close to Parks, shopping, highways, etc. I wouldn't count out potential rental homes though.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:01 PM

I don't have any personal experience with Norstar, so unfortunately cannot help in that department. The townhomes in Saddle Club are definitely very large - I never checked them out in person, but did the research online. If by chance you have to go with them, perhaps look into doing a 6-month or short term lease until you find anything else available. How's the Craigslist searching going?

Old 05-14-2012, 10:30 PM

Yep, still looking for rental homes too. In talking with hubby he would prefer a complex just so he wouldn't have to shovel snow......but he also wants a garage.....and he can't have his cake and eat it too. I've contacted most every 3 bedroom house I saw listed through the 'staff' housing link I saw posted here......the ones that accepted pets at least. A couple through Craigslist too. Haven't heard back from more than one person though. The complexes are much easier to get someone to respond. The one guy that responded said I really couldn't fit my family is his home (I was getting desperate and trying for a 2 bedroom.....my teenager would love that!) lol Becca, we won't be there more than 10 months anyway, so it will just be a short term lease (which is a bit of the problem too). I'm asking for a lot being a 3 bedroom that accepts pets and less then a year lease.......so I'm trying not to be picky on anything else but the safety (since I have 3 kids). Norstar I have to convince management to accept my lil 6 pound Morkie so it might be a no go.....but I figured it was worth asking. I have so little experience with looking for housing as we have lived on military bases the last ten years. Thank you for all the help. I will keep posting things as I hear back. You both have been awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area