U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-07-2012, 08:33 AM

1 posts, read 494 times
Default Another grad student moving to Syracuse

Hi, I am starting my studies at SU in the fall, and I had a couple of questions. I searched around the web site, hopefully these questions have not been asked before

1. As I understand, car travel is easy in and around Syracuse. How important is it to live within walking distance to SU, especially in the winter? Would I regret it in January if my apartment is 5 miles away?
2. What is the parking situation around SU, can one find a parking spot easily?
3. I looked around the web for information regarding apartment complexes. Many have very poor reviews, even though on this web site they were recommended. Now, I know that most people who are happy with their apartments would not post online comments, so these ratings might be biased.. But are there any complexes or landlords that you might advise against?

BTW: I am married, my wife will not be living with me full time, and I am looking for a 1-bedroom apartment that would be clean, relatively soundproof, and safe. Everything else is negotiable.

Thank you in advance, all comments welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Status: "Game recognized game from the start" (set 4 days ago)

30,021 posts, read 34,474,856 times
1. you should be fine if you get an apartment 5 miles away. For the most part, the roads are cleared in a timely manner during the winter months.

2. Parking can be a pain, but i suggest that you contact the Parking Services at SU: Parking Website Many people park at the Manley lots and take the shuttle to campus.

3. There are some and you can tell once you see them.

Here are some guides you can look at: Syracuse Apartment Rentals | Syracuse NY Apartment Finder

Syracuse University Rent Apartment Housing

MapsKrieg - Syracuse, NY - Apartments, Rooms, Sublets, and Real Estate for Sale

The Sutton Companies Apartment Finder

Longley Jones Management Corp. - Apartments - - -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area