Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 01:33 PM

97 posts, read 261,615 times

Advertisements

This summer I am working as an intern with F.O.C.U.S. Greater Syracuse. We are currently working on a contract with Onondaga County regarding the future of the Onondaga Lake Shoreline. This includes any type of commercial development, new investments in recreation, museums or education centers, etc. As part of our work with the County, I though people would be interested in possibly taking an online survey that allow you to have a say in how the Shoreline is used & developed in the coming years.

The survey lists different ideas that have been proposed for the shoreline. People are encouraged to mark which ideas are their favorite, and which projects they want to see happen first. There is also space to mark which projects you would be opposed to.

The survey only takes 3-4 minutes to complete. Please take a moment to submit it. With the progress Onondaga Lake is making in terms of water quality, we now have an opprtunity to create a beautiful waterfront with great amenities that will truly establish a sense of community for the future of Central New York.

I should also mention that the data collected from the surveys is being analyzed by yours turly, and will be vital as F.O.C.U.S. works to present a final plan to County Exec. Joanie Mahoney & the County Legislature regarding the future of the shoreline and what steps must be taken to ecnourage the right types of uses citizens want for the land around the Lake.

You can take the survey here: http://adobe.ly/Ocvo6B

Thank you in advance! (Plus, if you deeply care about this topic, we can start a discussion on the proposals here on the Forum. ( Im going to create a new thread about the survey as well. I can respond to any comments or concerns with as much information as I can share. Or feel free to message me as well).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 02:29 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,526,687 times
I always love to participate in these sorts of things since I live in the Village of Liverpool. Thanks for posting!

Just some comments on the survey - I had to go back after I went to the next page to figure out which options I needed to list as my top 3 priorities. And also the question about the options references an attached map, but I did not see one.

Old 07-29-2012, 03:09 PM

93,296 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
I always love to participate in these sorts of things since I live in the Village of Liverpool. Thanks for posting!

Just some comments on the survey - I had to go back after I went to the next page to figure out which options I needed to list as my top 3 priorities. And also the question about the options references an attached map, but I did not see one.
Same here, as it is interesting to see what potential plans could come to Onondaga Lake. it would be cool to have a ferry from the village of Liverpool to the Inner Harbor, once plans go through in that area of Syracuse.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:00 PM

97 posts, read 261,615 times
The Ferry idea has been proposed in many past plans for Onondaga Lake, going decades back in fact. This is a major option worth considering for this proposal as well especially with the progress and attention the people of CNY are putting on the Lake. Once again this will be noted in the data and hopefully the County will take note & consider this.

My hope would be that the county could work out a contract to a succesful Ferry Operator if they saw a profit driven opportunity for tours around the lake and stops in Liverpool-Inner Harbor. Possibly an "Uncle Sam's Boat Tour" style company. I certainly feel Onondaga County would never operate a ferry service themselves. I just think about the Rochester-Toronto super ferry that Bob Duffy attempted in Rochester several years back that flopped just 2 years after service began.

And Becca, I apologize for the inconvenience of having to go back to the previous page. The entire survey would not fit on 1 page, however we tried to make it as intuitive as possible. And the map was dropped at the last minute because it was not being used for anything in the survey.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:12 PM

3,168 posts, read 5,526,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ese522 View Post
And Becca, I apologize for the inconvenience of having to go back to the previous page. The entire survey would not fit on 1 page, however we tried to make it as intuitive as possible. And the map was dropped at the last minute because it was not being used for anything in the survey.
No worries! I work with surveys quite frequently in my job so I tend to know what the public is looking for and such We have used Survey Monkey with great success, so maybe that could be an option for the future. You can even customize the web address for your specific project.

Definitely keep us updated, I am very interested in this! You've got some great options in there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area