Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 07:50 PM

93,293 posts, read 123,941,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingedmunkie View Post
You might want to add the Homewood Suites on Elwood Davis Rd to your list too. We stayed there when we came to town to find apartments and found it to be a pretty decent property. I haven't checked prices but I would imagine it's comparable to the Hampton Inn.

If you're trying to fit four adults, you will probably find it preferable to a Hampton Inn as the rooms are 1 or 2 BR suites (with a kitchen if that makes a difference) whereas Hamptons tend to be your typical hotel room. It might make the extra 5-10 minutes of driving worth it. The only downside is that there aren't a lot of non fast-food dining options in the immediate area.
DestinyUSA is pretty close and you have other places within a close drive. There is a Denny's and a Tully's on 7th North too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 08:42 PM

54 posts, read 62,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
DestinyUSA is pretty close and you have other places within a close drive. There is a Denny's and a Tully's on 7th North too.
Agreed. My perspective is as someone who frequently finds himself in hotels (180+ nights a year) with no transportation other than courtesy shuttles. Walking distance is my definition of close when it comes to food. I failed to take into consideration that since they'd be driving to Oswego they (obviously) would have a car.

I wouldn't wish Denny's on anybody though.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:06 AM

93,293 posts, read 123,941,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingedmunkie View Post
Agreed. My perspective is as someone who frequently finds himself in hotels (180+ nights a year) with no transportation other than courtesy shuttles. Walking distance is my definition of close when it comes to food. I failed to take into consideration that since they'd be driving to Oswego they (obviously) would have a car.

I wouldn't wish Denny's on anybody though.
Good point about Denny's.

If walkability is desired, maybe the Sheraton near Syracuse University, the Jefferson Clinton or the Hotel Skyler would work, but I'm not sure about the rates and it is a little bit out of the distance range for the OP.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:34 AM

715 posts, read 2,509,501 times
Well....I'm a SUNY Oswego student...and my parents always stay at:

Quote:
Interstate 81 at EXIT 30>>

Comfort Suites, 5875 Carmenica Dr., Cicero
... Phone 315-752-0150

OR

Holiday Inn Express, 5860 Carmenica Dr., Cicero
... Phone 315-288-5700

Both are close to brand new and really nice. We've had no issues whatsoever. Its where we are staying for graduation next May.

...Easy into Syracuse, close to shopping AND its right on 31. You can take 31 west to the Cicero/Baldwinsville 481 exit 12 and head north to Oswego from there. Its exactly 29.5 miles to campus from either of these hotels.

You can use the Priceline "name your own price" tool and select region 2, Cicero. We've gotten these hotels for under $100/night in recent stays.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:18 PM

655 posts, read 2,328,340 times
Default Motels Recently Built Cicero-NY ~ Exit 30 Interstate 81 @ Route 31

Hello EO,

Yes, as Dreamshot said above, these two motels/hotels from my original list of Syracuse area motels are among the most recently built places along any of the area Expressways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grdnrman View Post

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interstate 81 (@ Route 31) at EXIT 30>>

Comfort Suites, 5875 Carmenica Dr.(off Pardee Rd.), Cicero
... Phone 315-752-0150

Holiday Inn Express, 5860 Carmenica Dr.(off Pardee Rd.), Cicero
... Phone 315-288-5700
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Holiday Inn Express is a 4 story tall motel and Comfort Suites is a 3 story tall motel with a separate Meeting and Banquet Building facility for special gatherings, weddings, graduations, etc.` These motels are close to one another, a Cracker Barrel Restaurant is right next door, there are fast food-Dunkin Donut Shop-gas stations nearby right at the I-81 Exit 30 in Cicero. There is a Gander Mountain Sports Supply & Equipment Store on the same street.

grdnrman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area