U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 10:51 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,509,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
Part of that could be because most of the cilantro here is hydroponic. I have tried growing it just to get some that taste right, but I don't have a green thumb.
Like anything green and fresh here that citro stuff comes up here on trucks from Miami. Once in awhile some of the stuff gets kinda turned around abit and as we can't co-mingle our product we can take it.

Next chance I get I see if I can get you some. I don't like it so I don't know if its good stuff or not.

You seem like a nice man so ill hook you up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 10:52 AM

3,168 posts, read 4,632,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean® View Post

lol TJ is not a man

Old 03-17-2013, 10:54 AM

What??

Oh dear.

Inside joke

Old 03-17-2013, 10:55 AM

1,537 posts, read 2,208,750 times
Quote:
coffee.... straight out my nose.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:05 AM

56,252 posts, read 80,408,935 times
Quote:
What??

Oh dear.

Inside joke
You didn't know?

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 03-17-2013 at 11:49 AM..

Old 03-17-2013, 12:06 PM

56,252 posts, read 80,408,935 times
Quote:
I have tried all of the Mexican food you mentioned. Boom Booms I have actually been to twice because it is so close to me and because people swear by it. I thought maybe I just ordered the wrong thing. No, it really is that bad.

I did plenty of research and had plenty of locals to answer my questions before moving here. I was excited and the difference was going to be exciting. It was for the first year and exploring new things. It has been about 6 years and I still try new things and check out the area, but for me, this is not a place I want to live and when I move, I doubt there would be anything I would want to come back and see on vacation.
I wonder if the same thing could be said about comparing Italian food here versus Italian food in much of the West?

Just being curious, but what are you looking for in an area?

Old 03-17-2013, 12:43 PM

The same can absolutely be said about Italian food. I am told I don't know good pizza. Based on the pizza I grew up on, it is all good. I ate very little Italian food before moving here because it wasn't as abundant. The only place that served slices was the mall. All the corner pizza joints here are taco joints on the West Coast.

OP, if you are a fan of the following chains, you will want to get your fill. Carl's Jr., Jack In The Box, Del Taco, Albertos, Yoshinoya, In N Out, Farmer Bros, Black Angus, Marie Callenders (it is just frozen food here), Rubios, Baja Fresh, El Pollo Loco, El Torito, Coffee Bean, On The Border, Cinnabon, DQ, Round Table, Wahoos, Weinerschnitzel, Hot Dog On A Stick, Chik-Fil-A, Fatburger, Islands, and others.

I only listed those out because if anyone were to be looking at filling a new development (like Township 5) these would be a good list of places you might want to look into. Variety is the spice of life. Sure these are all chains, but they are not in this area. We don't need another McDonalds, BK, Taco Bell, KFC, or Subway.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:47 PM

2,440 posts, read 4,961,934 times
Quote:
The same can absolutely be said about Italian food. I am told I don't know good pizza. Based on the pizza I grew up on, it is all good. I ate very little Italian food before moving here because it wasn't as abundant. The only place that served slices was the mall. All the corner pizza joints here are taco joints on the West Coast.

OP, if you are a fan of the following chains, you will want to get your fill. Carl's Jr., Jack In The Box, Del Taco, Albertos, Yoshinoya, In N Out, Farmer Bros, Black Angus, Marie Callenders (it is just frozen food here), Rubios, Baja Fresh, El Pollo Loco, El Torito, Coffee Bean, On The Border, Cinnabon, DQ, Round Table, Wahoos, Weinerschnitzel, Hot Dog On A Stick, Chik-Fil-A, Fatburger, Islands, and others.

I only listed those out because if anyone were to be looking at filling a new development (like Township 5) these would be a good list of places you might want to look into. Variety is the spice of life. Sure these are all chains, but they are not in this area. We don't need another McDonalds, BK, Taco Bell, KFC, or Subway.
We also don't need any more Dunkin Donuts or Tim Horton's. Their coffee is so bad I can't even walk inside. Colombian coffee must be super cheap now because they all smell like it... like brew from old, rancid grounds.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:00 PM

Or a chain place Timmies ain't bad. I'm actually watching them build a new one here as I type this.

But nothing compares to the coffee and doughnuts from Dippin Doughnuts. And now that Timmies is here its unlikely they will expand farther West.

TJ don't eat the pizza in the city or you'll never be albe to eat this upstate stuff again. If you must that Pazones ain't to bad a comparison.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:08 PM

I have eaten pizza in the city and it is good. Pavones is also good.

Oh that reminds me. Breakfast pizza is a thing here. You haven't seen anything like it in CA. You won't find a breakfast burrito in town except for a few select places and they aren't very good.... like McDonalds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or