Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 12:07 PM

3 posts, read 6,100 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My dad build this (see attachment) and i don't know what is call. The neighbor said is an eyesore and may cause her property value go down. This is at the end of the backyard and adjacent to the neighbor backyard. Is this legal or not in town salina, new york?

Any comments are appreciate, thanks advance,

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Backyard garden..neighbor complaints..legal or not?-img-20130518-00344.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 12:12 PM

45,094 posts, read 60,173,613 times
You've got to be kidding. Unless it's an HOA thing it would be considered a common garden structure. His response to the neighbor should be "Thank you for your concern about my garden". Mine would be "Go pound sand up your ass".

Old 05-18-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
You've got to be kidding. Unless it's an HOA thing it would be considered a common garden structure. His response to the neighbor should be "Thank you for your concern about my garden". Mine would be "Go pound sand up your ass".
lol ..thanks for fast replied...there is no HOA involve in this area....old lady neighbor have nothing to do that all

Old 05-18-2013, 01:53 PM

2,440 posts, read 5,745,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoOrange View Post
Hi,

My dad build this (see attachment) and i don't know what is call. The neighbor said is an eyesore and may cause her property value go down. This is at the end of the backyard and adjacent to the neighbor backyard. Is this legal or not in town salina, new york?

Any comments are appreciate, thanks advance,

Dan
Ludicrous. Tell him to not worry about it. Then, tell him to joke heavily about being a burden on the neighborhood, to the other neighbors... riff raff, and all that. He should have a BBQ and feed them some of the fruits of his garden - or being her a salad.

Cranky old woman. Pfft.

Old 05-18-2013, 05:20 PM

eyesore for the garden structure?? Now what if i tell you that she called the town complaints that the water leaking into her yard? she even threat to call the police....garden horse broke and water leaking over night...

would she qualify for the neighbor of hell???

Old 05-18-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoOrange View Post
eyesore for the garden structure?? Now what if i tell you that she called the town complaints that the water leaking into her yard? she even threat to call the police....garden horse broke and water leaking over night...

would she qualify for the neighbor of hell???
Warn her that MORE PLANTS will suck up excess water, if *she* is having some sort of problem... offer to plant double, as a personal favor.

"No really, ma'am- it's no trouble at all!"

Old 05-18-2013, 07:46 PM

317 posts, read 823,709 times
I think a flock a pink plastic flamingos guarding the property line would really add to the ambience.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:40 AM

8,076 posts, read 10,029,413 times
Sort of makes the case for HOA's, doesn't it?

Old 05-30-2013, 08:45 AM

92,579 posts, read 122,890,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
That is what Radisson is for....

Old 05-30-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
It makes the case for both sides. If you want everyone to be restricted, including yourself, move to an HOA. If you enjoy projects and dealing with people, however interesting it gets (haha), stay in a regular neighborhood. I think this thread has entirely too few pictures and the lack of follow-up is disappointing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
View detailed profiles of: