Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2007, 12:15 PM

3,513 posts, read 9,427,541 times

Advertisements

A couple weeks ago I took a few more photos of the Town of Clay. Nothing too interesting. Just helps you get a better feel for the area....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 08:09 PM

Just found this on Youtube. The commute from the western part of Clay to Downtown Syracuse in a snowstorm....

YouTube - Wintery Syracuse NY Commute

Good video IMO!

Old 07-20-2007, 10:24 AM

14 posts, read 88,907 times
Looks very nice

Old 07-21-2007, 02:10 PM

8 posts, read 30,235 times
Very nice.. are there hospitals in or near the town? thanks

Old 07-21-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahiyum View Post
Very nice.. are there hospitals in or near the town? thanks
Thank You!

No hospitals in the town itself, but there is a large Medical Center called North Medical......Liverpool Office (http://www.heart-care-center.com/liverpool.htm - broken link)

About 20 minutes away in the City of Syracuse, there are four hospitals....1) Crouse ~ Crouse Hospital - Syracuse, New York, USA) ..........2) Upstate Medical ~ SUNY Upstate Medical University...... 3) St. Joseph's Hospital ~ Home ::: St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center of Syracuse, NY ......4) Community General Hospital ~ Community General Hospital, an Acute Care Hospital in Syracuse, New York

Hope this helps!

Old 07-21-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city boy 105 View Post
Looks very nice
Thanks!

Old 07-22-2007, 12:56 PM

9 posts, read 37,341 times
Default Single Mom...Moving to Upstat NY not soon enough!

Hi All,

I'm completely jealous looking at all the beautiful pictures of upstate NY when I'm dying to be there right now. I work and live currently in Sacramento, CA it's like a Super Wal-Mart here...BIG has everything you need, but you wouldn't want to be there forever! You'd rather get what you need and get out...enough of the crowd, the heat burning sun. My heart has been in NY for as long as I can remember, and I've only been there once. I grew up in K.C. MO, but I wouldn't want to go back there. No desire. My son is 8 and I'm currently on the NY Civil Service List and so far I've applied for one position that opened with my exam title in Syracuse. I have my job locations for the state set in Albany and Syracuse but I've been convinced by your threads that Syracuse would seem more fitting for me and my son. My patience is running thin and looking for work in NY 3,000 miles away is not easy. Any advice on making that easier? And getting there quicker? I need two things and I'm on my way...a good job and a nice, safe, apartment to stay in.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:43 AM

18 posts, read 106,018 times
Default Thanks for the tour

Your town is gorgeous! What is the price range for the upscale homes being built? How close is Clay to the beach? I am very interested in living in upstae NY and sent you a PM. Thanks for taking the time to post these photos.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin029 View Post
Hi All,

I'm completely jealous looking at all the beautiful pictures of upstate NY when I'm dying to be there right now. I work and live currently in Sacramento, CA it's like a Super Wal-Mart here...BIG has everything you need, but you wouldn't want to be there forever! You'd rather get what you need and get out...enough of the crowd, the heat burning sun. My heart has been in NY for as long as I can remember, and I've only been there once. I grew up in K.C. MO, but I wouldn't want to go back there. No desire. My son is 8 and I'm currently on the NY Civil Service List and so far I've applied for one position that opened with my exam title in Syracuse. I have my job locations for the state set in Albany and Syracuse but I've been convinced by your threads that Syracuse would seem more fitting for me and my son. My patience is running thin and looking for work in NY 3,000 miles away is not easy. Any advice on making that easier? And getting there quicker? I need two things and I'm on my way...a good job and a nice, safe, apartment to stay in.
Sorry to hear about your situation. Wish I could do more to help. But to be quite honest I do not have a good answer. Good luck and do not give up!

Quote:
Your town is gorgeous! What is the price range for the upscale homes being built? How close is Clay to the beach? I am very interested in living in upstae NY and sent you a PM. Thanks for taking the time to post these photos.
Thanks! Just hope my photos are not creating expectations that are too high. The whole town doesn't look as nice as the areas I photographed. Most of the town isn't even developed yet and there is an industrial park that's located smack dab in the middle of town. However, the town looks better and better with each passing year IMO.

The upscale homes in the Town of Clay are around $300,000. The beach? Well, there is 1) Oneida Shores .....about 10-20 minutes away in Northern Cicero .... The Official Website of the Onondaga County Parks (http://onondagacountyparks.com/parks/oneida/ - broken link) 2) Sylvan Beach in Oneida County .....about 30 minutes away.... Sylvan - Verona Beach Resort Association 3) Green Lake in Fayetteville about 20 minutes away...... New York State Parks :: Green Lakes State Park 4) Sandy Island Beach State Park on Lake Ontario about 45 minutes away.... Sandy Island Beach (http://www.nysgextension.org/glhabitat/dunefun/sandyislandbeach.htm - broken link)

Last edited by bellafinzi; 07-23-2007 at 07:35 PM..

Old 08-02-2007, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Buff View Post
How close is Clay to the beach?
Sylvan Beach on YouTube

YouTube - Hot 107-9 Buzz Fix w. Ralphie - Week of 5.28.07
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area