Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2018, 07:26 AM

93,309 posts, read 123,941,088 times

Advertisements

LaFayette Start-up Ichor Thearapeutics Expanding With More Space, Workers, and ESF Partnership | WAER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
More from this company: https://www.localsyr.com/news/plowz-...209/1355135800

Old 08-09-2018, 07:29 PM

BIGNAME COMMERCE TO LAUNCH OPERATIONS IN FORMER CARRIER BUILDING IN DEWITT

DeWITT, N.Y. — Empire State Development (ESD) on Thursday announced that BIGNAME Commerce, LLC will move its printing and ecommerce business from Long Island to a former Carrier building in DeWitt.

The firm currently operates in Amityville in Suffolk County on Long Island.

The total project cost has been placed at a little more than $1.4 million, ESD said in a Thursday news release.

Founded as Action Envelope, BIGNAME Commerce is a collection of e-commerce businesses specializing in customized products for organizations and consumers worldwide. Those products include envelopes, bags, and folders of all types. The internet retail businesses include Envelopes.com, Folders.com and Bags.com.

The company plans to occupy 100,000 square feet of leased space in a building located at 6304 Carrier Parkway where it will operate a new fulfillment-distribution center.

The project is expected to create up to 24 new full-time jobs in DeWitt. The firm will also retain 107 existing jobs.

BIGNAME Commerce plans to hire those who are currently unemployed or underemployed in the region, “supporting regional anti-poverty efforts,” ESD said. Tackling poverty in the region is a “primary focus” of the regionally designed CNY Rising economic-development plan.

The company had considered moving its operations to Pennsylvania or Florida but elected to move to Central New York “thanks to support from New York State.”

ESD is supporting the expansion of BIGNAME Commerce in the region with up to $425,000 through the Excelsior tax-credit program in exchange for job-creation commitments.

Renovation work on the former Carrier building is underway. The company expects to be operating out of the new warehouse/fulfillment center by the end of the year.

“We are thrilled to expand our operations to East Syracuse and join the Central New York community. BIGNAME Commerce is a growing company and we look forward to expanding our operations and our team in this great area,” Seth Newman, CEO of BIGNAME Commerce, said.

Source: https://www.cnybj.com/bigname-commer...ing-in-dewitt/

Old 08-22-2018, 08:52 PM

In the Liverpool area: https://mercermilling.com

https://reeb.com

Old 08-25-2018, 03:38 PM

This company is in Cazenovia: TRONSER, Inc.:*Home

Old 09-16-2018, 05:05 PM

2 posts, read 2,325 times
Default New mobile groomer is in the dog's house!

SYRACUSE, N.Y. – The first unique in-home pet grooming service in the metro-Syracuse area has arrived in the form of Sherlock Bones Mobile Grooming.

Courtesy of 11-year pet-stylist, Laura Hearn, who is no stranger to the heart of New York, Hearn moved back to Syracuse after living in Texas for 25 years.

“I know with all of my heart that I was put on this Earth to help dogs and their humans and I love getting up each day knowing I get to spend time with amazing animals and make them beautiful,†said Hearn. “Sherlock Bones Mobile Grooming is all about making things convenient and comfortable for our customers: the pets and their people.â€

When they say house-call, they sure do mean it as Sherlock Bones will bring everything but the kitchen sink to you. Just provide a place to bathe your furry friend and a 6x6 area for the grooming set up, and Hearn will handle the rest.

"My bread and butter clients are those nervous dogs and/or nervous owners who don't really want to get out of the house, whether that's due to an ailment such as the pet has a health problem or anxiety, or there's two feet of snow on the ground and you can't get your car out of the driveway! I pride myself in saying that I'm the Instacart of dog grooming where I bring grooming services right to you! I may not be the cheapest groomer in town, but you get what you pay for!"

For more information regarding services, FAQs, booking information and more, visit www.SherlockBonesGrooming.com

Old 09-16-2018, 06:52 PM

Found out today that this is based in Syracuse: SIDEARM Sports It is actually located at Hinds Hall on the SU campus and what is odd is that I’ve passed its offices many times.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:32 AM

I’ve mentioned this company before, but I don’t think I’ve mentioned it in this thread: https://www.dreissigathletic.com
Men’s and Women’s Athletic Apparel | Dreissig Apparel Syracuse NY
https://m.facebook.com/dreissigapparel/

Old 09-20-2018, 08:34 PM

Good news for the Lockheed Martin facility in the Liverpool area: https://www.syracuse.com/business-ne..._syracuse.html

Old 09-21-2018, 02:49 PM

EMPIRE MERCHANTS NORTH FORMALLY OPENS NEW TRAINING FACILITY IN CICERO

CICERO, N.Y. — Empire Merchants North LLC, a wine and spirits distributor, on Friday formally opened its new 45,000-square-foot headquarters for sales and training at 7350 Round Pond Road in the town of Cicero.

It’s replacing the firm’s existing location at 4560 Buckley Road in Clay as the company needed a bigger space, it said in an email response to a BJNN inquiry.

In its response, Empire Merchants North also declined to disclose the project cost.

The new facility will provide “ongoing industry education” for Empire Merchants North’s 700 employees.

Fayetteville–based COR Development Co., LLC handled the development, design, construction and brokerage of the facility, Empire Merchants North said in a news release.

“We’re pleased to be with Empire Merchants North in celebrating this great milestone in opening a new, New York headquarters for employee training and sales. It’s a great testament to the work they’ve done and the growth they are achieving. We’re glad to be a small part of their success, and wish them the best in their new space,” said Dennis Hennessy, Vice President of Brokerage for COR Development.

Besides the new training facility, Empire Merchants North has its main headquarters in Coxsackie in Greene County (south of Albany); along with offices in Rochester, a warehouse in Lyons, and a Buffalo-area office in Cheektowaga, according to its website.

The firm services more than 9,000 restaurants, bars, hotels, nightclubs and retail outlets, per its news release.

Source: https://www.cnybj.com/empire-merchan...ity-in-cicero/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area