U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 03:37 PM

2 posts, read 2,500 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, I'm moving to Syracuse this summer with my fiancee and dog (small dog, 15 lbs) and I'm looking for a place to rent downtown. I've already been doing my fair share of research and most lofts are out of the questions since they don't allow dogs, except for Lakefront Lofts but they might not have any available units in my price range for when I make the move.

I've found a few other places online, namely Dey's Plaza Apartments which look great. I'm going to try giving them a call on Monday to ask about availabilities. My rent range right now is between $800-950 and some of these places fit the bill, but the problem is I can't find any info out online about rooms for rent, prices, or any pictures whatsoever. This goes for Hogan Block Apartments, Labor Temple Apartments, 124 East Apartments. If anyone has any information on these places I'd greatly appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 04:10 PM

56,204 posts, read 80,312,924 times
This should help: Living Downtown Committee of Syracuse

Or this: Downtown Apartments - Syracuse, NY | Apartments in Downtown Neighborhood for Rent

Old 04-07-2014, 10:56 AM

2 posts, read 2,500 times
I've already looked at those places. I was hoping for some actual feedback from people who have rented any of these apartments seeing as many of the places on downtownsyracuse.com don't provide any photos. Also, many places on downtownsyracuse.com aren't listed on apartmentfinder, which has many photos of units.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsee4 View Post
@ckhthankgod:

Thanks for the links. I too am seeking a pet friendly place downtown. This Living Downtown Committee of Syracuse link showed me more to downtown Syracuse that property management search key words didn't offer. My dog is a hound and medium sized at 42 pounds named Jango. He is house broke and turned 4 over St Patty's day break. I just turned 34 and plan on going to Syracuse U under the EBV program.
It will take semester or two to get all my cards in place.
Peace.
No problem....Also, if you are open to other areas, you may find rental homes in other neighborhoods like Westcott, Eastwood and Tipperary Hill or one of the villages may have something, plus those areas will have some walkability and in some cases a degree of nightlife.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:14 PM

I wouldn't scrap Downtown, but I would just be open to other neighborhoods/communities as well. For instance, Tipperary Hill(and perhaps parts of the adjacent West End) has a bunch of pubs and some restaurants and is in between Downtown and shopping in the Western suburbs. Some of these places may be within walking distance too. So, that may be an area that may be of interest to you.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:46 PM

1,537 posts, read 2,207,579 times
the downtown living tour is coming up May 17th. Downtown Living Tour Downtown Committee of Syracuse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or