U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 05:42 PM

5,678 posts, read 5,879,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I don't know how much it is now. Did you have it in Syracuse, Rochester or another location? I guess the location in the Valley is no more: Sales Locations

Syracuse. Where is the Valley?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 05:47 PM

56,053 posts, read 80,134,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
Syracuse. Where is the Valley?
It is the far southern end of the city from around Ballantyne Road down. South of Seneca Turnipike is fine while north of it varies.

Which location did you go to?

Old 06-03-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
It is the far southern end of the city from around Ballantyne Road down. South of Seneca Turnipike is fine while north of it varies.

Which location did you go to?
I had it delivered.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
I had it delivered.
Oh, from which location?

Old 06-03-2014, 08:33 PM

I do not remember. That was over 20 years ago.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I do not remember. That was over 20 years ago.
It probably was the Valley location, as I'm not sure if there were others in the area at the time.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:11 PM

12 posts, read 12,455 times
Just updating everyone! I ended up renting the apartment in Manlius. It offered the best bang for my buck when I calculated in pet fees, etc., and just seemed to be the best fit for me right now. I really appreciate everyone's guidance and input! It made apartment searching from afar do-able and less stressful So excited to have found a place!

I'm now extra curious to try the BBQ and Tex Mex! I'll have to weigh in on those. And I did end up joining the 20s/30s Meetup group, Becca-- what a great idea. Thanks so much.

While I'm thinking about ways to meet people when I move, does anyone happen to know of any churches they really like? I am Christian and open to any denomination-- I would just want to attend somewhere open and affirming/gay friendly, but that is also exclusively Christian. Any ideas?

Old 06-06-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpennypancakes View Post
Just updating everyone! I ended up renting the apartment in Manlius. It offered the best bang for my buck when I calculated in pet fees, etc., and just seemed to be the best fit for me right now. I really appreciate everyone's guidance and input! It made apartment searching from afar do-able and less stressful So excited to have found a place!

I'm now extra curious to try the BBQ and Tex Mex! I'll have to weigh in on those. And I did end up joining the 20s/30s Meetup group, Becca-- what a great idea. Thanks so much.

While I'm thinking about ways to meet people when I move, does anyone happen to know of any churches they really like? I am Christian and open to any denomination-- I would just want to attend somewhere open and affirming/gay friendly, but that is also exclusively Christian. Any ideas?
Try the University United Methodist Church on East Genesee Street: University United Methodist Church

All Saints Catholic on Lancaster is another one that comes to mind: Welcome to All Saints Church

Here's another and this group meets there: Plymouth Church Syracuse Home Plymouth Congregational Church
Syracuse Gay & Lesbian Chorus

Here's a list with churches in the state that would fit, including those in the surrounding area: List Churches by U.S. State / Canadian Province | gaychurch.org

These two churches not listed may work too: Home Page for Unity of Syracuse

May Memorial Unitarian Universalist Society - Home

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 06-06-2014 at 07:20 PM..

Old 06-08-2014, 03:32 PM

12 posts, read 12,455 times
Thanks! Will definitely put those on my list to check out when I get there.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:22 AM

3,168 posts, read 4,621,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpennypancakes View Post

Awesome, congrats! Was it the CL link I posted? You'll love Manlius. It's my second favorite village after Liverpool

The Meetup group is great and it's gotten even more active recently. My main group of Syracuse friends met off that website. Bryan is a personal friend of mine, tell him I sent you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area