Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 12:44 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,992,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by franktruth View Post
(snip)they guy who said its safe? this is the most dangerous place i've ever lived. the northside looks like little arabia. who can tell what these people are doing with burkas on. it looks like a third word hell here. my friend was walking down the street and got punched in the back of the head. he got a clot in his brain. just walking around, the cops said why are you here? your white!

every neighborhood is bad like jerry said. i miss living where perople are happy and hold a door for you. they let it slam in your face here. no jobs here either. please take my advice, the biggest mistake you will make in your life is listening to people here who are stuck here and trying to get others to share the misery. DO NOT MOVE HERE TO SAVE UR LIFE.

one more thing, you want to be happy here and meet a nice person for marriage? it wont happen. all i see are fat lesbian tattooed girls evetywhere. what kind of life can you have with someone of that caliber. ask yourself what kind of life you want for yourself. a life in siberia with sickness and influenza all winter long. i checked my Vitamin D level living here. its supposed to be between 50-100, mine was 20. no sun for 9 months long. multiple sclerosis occurs when there is no sun. there is no MS in sunny climates. (/snip)
And you created an account just for this diatribe of nonsense? Hope you're happier elsewhere, but this mostly-inaccurate rant doesn't reflect the city I've lived in for the last 26 years...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 10:39 PM

5 posts, read 3,954 times
There are two types of Syracusans, those who are sane and trying to leave. And those that are stuck, so they want others to share the misery. you decide how you want to spend your life.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:35 AM

92,659 posts, read 122,967,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acknight View Post
And you created an account just for this diatribe of nonsense? Hope you're happier elsewhere, but this mostly-inaccurate rant doesn't reflect the city I've lived in for the last 26 years...
Basically and it's the same old tired stuff you see on other parts of the NY forum probably by the same person/people with different accounts.

Old 08-21-2014, 11:44 PM

I don't really care if the so called Syracuse experts want to put me down. My house is falling down and they want $5000 a year from me. In the ugliest most depressing city in the USA. Four doors down is a meth house, across the street the house is boarded up. I've seen rats in the street late at night. And roaches at my job. All in this filthy disgusting boarded up slum of a city.

Of coarse this can't be true because one or two guys thinks it's great here. Most likely stuck here underwater on the house or kids leave nearby. I know this is the case too. Always is.

I'm hoping that maybe one person won't ruin their life like I did. Imagine spending everything you earn to go to the govt. while the govt not only says thanks but kicks you when ur down and reaches into your pocket for more money. Metaphor yes but essentially true.

think about what I'm saying about healthy places to live. My own doctor suggested that I live somewhere sunnier. The stress here in the winter is unmatched anywhere else. Everyone here is sick all winter. Put a plant in a dim room and put a plant in a sunny room. In one year later, the dim plant will be dead and cancer ridden and the sunny plant will grow TOWARDS the sun and bloom! Let that sink in. We all need healthy sun to live optimally...

I run late for work and threaten getting fired because it takes an hour to melt an inch think ice on my car. My 2005 Dodge Dakota rusted through while my ex wife's car in TN is older in great condition. Shopping although I never go to that awful mall is just lacking. Most regional chains skip this place. It's a fourth tier city at best for stores and concerts.

Live in a refridgerator box in almost any other state, you would live better. You want to meet happy, kind, respectful ladies or tatted up beastly monsters. Then marry her and live in a typical house here from 1970/ shag carpets and mold. Plug in a window Ac unit and blow a fuse because the electrical system is from The prohibition era. Then wait for NAtional Greed to send you a bill. Hit floor, rinse repeat.

I'll post more later. If your not listening by now, your a fool.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:03 AM

Nah, this is just the same schtick with a different name on a thread that should be closed already.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:41 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,609,899 times
The truth is in the middle. The pro-Syracuse and the anti-Syracuse people both exaggerate on how great or how bad things are around here.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeJam View Post
The truth is in the middle. The pro-Syracuse and the anti-Syracuse people both exaggerate on how great or how bad things are around here.
I agree that it is in the middle, but even the so called pro Syracuse people will admit that there are issues in the area. I think that is the difference and some may just pay attention to or only remember certain posts.

Also, this thread was about things to do in regards to the OP, not the other nonsense.

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 08-22-2014 at 08:57 AM..

Old 08-23-2014, 01:57 AM

I am making a mistake moving to Nashville, Tn then. It is not sunnier there, or have friendly people. Also, my taxes will be $5000 a year on my house. I will fall down when I jog in the ice in winter. I can experience the grace of Southern women right here in Syracuse.

Some want the thread closed because I speak the truth. Of coarse no one wants to hear it that Syracuse is done. I watch my friends leave too, no jobs here. Investing here is like investing in old Franklin automobiles. It's never coming back.

Old 08-23-2014, 05:32 AM

Quote:
I am making a mistake moving to Nashville, Tn then. It is not sunnier there, or have friendly people. Also, my taxes will be $5000 a year on my house. I will fall down when I jog in the ice in winter. I can experience the grace of Southern women right here in Syracuse.

Some want the thread closed because I speak the truth. Of coarse no one wants to hear it that Syracuse is done. I watch my friends leave too, no jobs here. Investing here is like investing in old Franklin automobiles. It's never coming back.
This doesn't have anything to do with the original post, that's why.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:12 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,808,224 times
Quote:
I've lived in Syracuse for the past 20 years. In order to answer any questions for you people, here it is: Don't move to Syracuse! Let me be more clear in my answer- Syracuse is the worst place to live in the entire United States. do you want to be healthy? the sun never shines here. at least for 8 months a year.

dont believe the lies and hype from a so called syracuse expert on here. my doctor told me to move even! in the winter, it is very unhealthy here. everyone is sick. i lived in colorado, california, tennessee, and i'm moving back there. its so much better, healthier, friendlier. such grumps here. i've been feeling dead for the lasdt 20 years here.

they guy who said its safe? this is the most dangerous place i've ever lived. the northside looks like little arabia. who can tell what these people are doing with burkas on. it looks like a third word hell here. my friend was walking down the street and got punched in the back of the head. he got a clot in his brain. just walking around, the cops said why are you here? your white!

every neighborhood is bad like jerry said. i miss living where perople are happy and hold a door for you. they let it slam in your face here. no jobs here either. please take my advice, the biggest mistake you will make in your life is listening to people here who are stuck here and trying to get others to share the misery. DO NOT MOVE HERE TO SAVE UR LIFE.

one more thing, you want to be happy here and meet a nice person for marriage? it wont happen. all i see are fat lesbian tattooed girls evetywhere. what kind of life can you have with someone of that caliber. ask yourself what kind of life you want for yourself. a life in siberia with sickness and influenza all winter long. i checked my Vitamin D level living here. its supposed to be between 50-100, mine was 20. no sun for 9 months long. multiple sclerosis occurs when there is no sun. there is no MS in sunny climates.

syracuse is great if you like urban decay and abandoned buildings. they put up billboards trying to convince you to stay. the whole west side looks bombed out. they beg the US government to sendf refugees there- what does that tell you. the'll take anyone, even people who have no jobs.

i'm counting down the days till i can leave like a prisoner at shawshank. i need to be healthy again, i'm still young. to the guy who was thinking about moving here, vintage sunlight, please please dont. you seem smart and you should stay wherever you are. anyplace is better unless its somewhere else upstate.

upstate is dying a slow death thats getting quicker. nobody in tennessee has ever even heard of syracuse beside the crappy school. #1 party school, yeah I want 2 send my kids there. party at school and get mugged on the way to their car, or worse. my daughter would never be allowed to go there.

print this page an refer to it whenver you think you want to live in syracuse. if i can help one person, its all worth it. take heed to my warning. once your here, you cant get out. I bought a house in 1995 for $80,000, put 40,000 into it and i finallyt sold it for $85000 now. 20 years and i've leaving with the shirt on my back., my taxes went from $2300 to $almost 5000. yet i live among thugs and wannabees gangsters, the snow destroyed my 2005 car, my roof gutters have to be replaced yearly due to ice. yeah, they clean the snow, but you can't clean ice. want to jog in the winter- you'll fall on your arse for 9 months year, really great atmosphere for outdoor exersize.
Please see my response on the Syracuse chat thread, to come momentarily. If you want or are interested, we can discuss it there. Obviously, it upsets ckh to be discussing this here, so since I don't want to anger the police, meet me there. I think this is an interesting POV from someone from the other extreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area