U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-07-2015, 03:34 PM
 
7 posts, read 5,024 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

Thank you everyone for the help, I do greatly appreciate it.

I found out only recently that it looks like a town home will not be happening due to not being able to work from home.

So for those kind enough to help earlier, it looks like I will be looking for a 1 bedroom. Ideally in the 600-750 a month range for 500+ sq feet.

What's the public transportation like? Being able to take a bus for a short trip sounds a lot nicer than driving through the snow every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-07-2015, 04:52 PM
 
56,263 posts, read 80,446,330 times
Reputation: 12413
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndubitably View Post
Thank you everyone for the help, I do greatly appreciate it.

I found out only recently that it looks like a town home will not be happening due to not being able to work from home.

So for those kind enough to help earlier, it looks like I will be looking for a 1 bedroom. Ideally in the 600-750 a month range for 500+ sq feet.

What's the public transportation like? Being able to take a bus for a short trip sounds a lot nicer than driving through the snow every day.
Just to be clear(and funny), the area doesn't get snow everyday.

As for public transportation, it can work, but it will depend on where you live. I'd say that the closer to the city the better and even better if you don't live too far from a major street.

With this said, what about employment, given that the work from home situation fell through?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2015, 05:36 PM
 
7 posts, read 5,024 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Just to be clear(and funny), the area doesn't get snow everyday.

As for public transportation, it can work, but it will depend on where you live. I'd say that the closer to the city the better and even better if you don't live too far from a major street.

With this said, what about employment, given that the work from home situation fell through?
Hahaha, sorry, had two coworkers who grew up in the area (Ithaca) who were telling stories. May have been exaggerated, but I haven't lived in snow before.

As of the 14th, I'll be unemployed and driving east. I've rented a small room for a month or two, but was hoping to get something bigger so that I can study and have my own restroom.
Well, worst case scenario I live off the student loans I've taken out.
Better scenario I find some tech support / consulting work to help out with payments and living expenses in-between classes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2015, 06:14 PM
 
56,263 posts, read 80,446,330 times
Reputation: 12413
This may be a good place to look for housing: https://www.orangehousing.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-08-2015, 05:04 PM
 
56,263 posts, read 80,446,330 times
Reputation: 12413
You can look here too: Syracuse, NY Apartments for Rent | Apartment Finder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2015, 11:52 AM
 
7 posts, read 5,024 times
Reputation: 15
Cool, are there any nearby cities/towns that students may live in or do they typically just stick to Syracuse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2015, 12:04 PM
 
56,263 posts, read 80,446,330 times
Reputation: 12413
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndubitably View Post
Cool, are there any nearby cities/towns that students may live in or do they typically just stick to Syracuse?
Some may live in DeWitt, a suburb just to the east of Syracuse. Maplewood Gardens is a complex just within the town and not too far from the SU campus. Some may live in other parts of the city or perhaps other suburbs. Is there a complex, building, apartment or town/city you are interested in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:44 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top