U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2015, 03:32 PM

10 posts, read 13,759 times

Advertisements

Was looking at houses in that area, few blocks away from the post office, was there in middle of wk in afternoon, was quiet neighborhood it seemed. Not much stores/business there, it seems the closest major grocery stores are on rte 11 in cicero (10 miles away) Then someone else told me there were rattlesnakes there?
Please post, thank you.
(was also looking in clay ny, taxes seemed to be high there)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2015, 09:13 PM

56,251 posts, read 80,408,935 times
They may have referred to Rattlesnake Gulch, which is just Route 298 going by/through the swamp.

Bridgeport has some stores in a plaza and free standing. I thought there was a grocery store there, but I could be wrong on that. I don't think it is big if they have one. If not, you could go to the Wegmans or Wal*Mart in East Syracuse or the Tops in Fayetteville, as they may be a little bit closer.

I believe depending on where you live in that area, you are either in the North Syracuse or Chittenango school district.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:07 AM

10 posts, read 13,759 times
Default thank you for your feedback

Thanks for your reply. It seems very quiet there which is good, but for me who doesn't drive I would be better off looking around brewerton or clay, those areas close to rte 11 w the stores on it.
An online search shows some grocery stores in Bridgeport, but probably small and expensive.
Thanks again for your feedback, anyone else please post.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:31 AM

56,251 posts, read 80,408,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syracuse2010 View Post
Thanks for your reply. It seems very quiet there which is good, but for me who doesn't drive I would be better off looking around brewerton or clay, those areas close to rte 11 w the stores on it.
An online search shows some grocery stores in Bridgeport, but probably small and expensive.
Thanks again for your feedback, anyone else please post.
If you don't drive, I would look into places closer to Syracuse or a village, which will have some walkability. Brewerton would be a better bet than Clay, which is a big town, by the way. There are some things you can walk to in Brewerton, but I think that the infrastructure in regards to walkability is is limited, if it is even present. Is employment a factor?

Old 09-08-2015, 08:35 AM

3,168 posts, read 4,632,741 times
Yeah if you don't drive and want to be in suburbs, def look at a Village - Liverpool, Manlius, Baldwinsville, etc. Places like Bridgeport and Clay are not walkable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or