U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2016, 06:59 AM

193 posts, read 114,458 times

Advertisements

Will be working at Lockheed Martin in Liverpool. Looking for apartment/townhouse recommendations in the area - prefer to stay within 5 miles of LM. Budget would be <$1000 including utilities and a nice, safe area. Can you help me narrow down our options? Thank you! Edited: A quick Google search leads me to Clayton Manor, Harborside Manor and Charter Oaks. Any issues or concerns with these complexes? Any others you would recommend we look at?

Last edited by dwnmo; 01-30-2016 at 07:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 07:36 AM

56,274 posts, read 80,446,330 times
Clayton Manor is so close to Lockheed Martin, that you can see the company from the complex. So, you could walk from there to work, if you wanted to. Actually, when I lived there, I met a guy that worked at Lockheed Martin.

It is a complex that was developed in 3 different phases and that means some apartments are newer than others. It was quiet when I lived there and it isn't too far away from shopping.

I believe that the other two are fine as well.

Ravada Hill is another complex up Henry Clay Road that is owned by the same people and is a pretty new complex(about 7 years old or so).

Old 01-30-2016, 12:21 PM

Also, you may want to give Becca8377 a message in regards to another potential housing option in the village of Liverpool.

Old 02-01-2016, 10:32 AM

3,168 posts, read 4,634,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Also, you may want to give Becca8377 a message in regards to another potential housing option in the village of Liverpool.
She's actually messaged with me before

OP - where did he end up staying for his internship?

I've never heard any bad things about those 3 complexes and I had a friend that used to live in Charter Oaks. They were fine, nothing fancy. Also add Pearl Street and Covered Bridge to the list for spots within the Village of Liverpool. There is also a small complex somewhere on Willow St and apartments upstairs from the Village Mall. Village Marina occasionally has apartments available but they go very quickly. For other Village of Liverpool apartments, check Craigslist.

Generally, stay away from that huge cluster of complexes between Morgan Rd and 57.

Old 02-01-2016, 11:45 AM

Ok great...thanks to both of you! Becca - he ended up renting that house I messaged you about from Craigslist. It worked out well for him but the owner was only renting for the summer. He was like a mile from LM - which he loved because he could basically roll out of bed to go to work (lol) and could come home for lunch each day. He was offered a full-time position there and will be moving permanently to Liverpool. He loves it there.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:14 PM

3,168 posts, read 4,634,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnmo View Post
Ok great...thanks to both of you! Becca - he ended up renting that house I messaged you about from Craigslist. It worked out well for him but the owner was only renting for the summer. He was like a mile from LM - which he loved because he could basically roll out of bed to go to work (lol) and could come home for lunch each day. He was offered a full-time position there and will be moving permanently to Liverpool. He loves it there.
Awesome, glad it worked out! I have a friend that works for LM and he lives in the Village Marina apartments.

Here's the listing for the Village Mall - Village Mall Apartments in Liverpool

And these are the apartments off Willow St. I don't know too much about them but I remember someone on here checking them out before - Village of Liverpool & Walking Distance to Onondaga Lake Park

My house hasn't rented yet but unfortunately it's out of his price range

Old 02-02-2016, 04:30 PM

Just curious OP, but would he be open to other communities nearby like North Syracuse or Baldwinsville?

Old 02-02-2016, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Just curious OP, but would he be open to other communities nearby like North Syracuse or Baldwinsville?
Possibly...but I think only if he can't really find something in Liverpool. His preference would be to find a small house to rent which would allow cats...but it seems there are very few houses available esp. in his price range.

I think after a year or two there he would be more willing to look into different areas. He's just a creature of comfort and was very happy there in Liverpool when he was there in the summer.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:03 AM

13 posts, read 9,945 times
Hi, I will be moving to Syracuse for work and looking into a 1 bedroom apartments in Liverpool area (heard it was safer). Any recommendations?
Also, this may be a stupid question but should I invest in getting a garage too/is vehicle theft/vandalism an issue? (I'll be driving a 2015 BMW) or can I just park it outside in those apartment complex parking lots for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area