Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 07:06 AM

93,094 posts, read 123,681,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhWell... View Post
It definitely would (if it was the right size, look etc.) The main problem is that I have two dogs (not big, 20 pounds each), but rental properties in general are not overly anxious to rent to people with pets... Sorry, I should have mentioned that before.

That said, a townhouse with a small backyard where they can go out would work.
Well, I thought about this community in/on Onondaga Hill(Westhill Schools): Onondaga Hill Syracuse, NY Apartments for Rent | High Acres Apartments and Townhomes

This Radisson(Baldwinsville Schools) community may be another one to consider: Center Pointe Apartments at Radisson
http://www.radissoncommunity.org/doc...iew.asp?id=277

Radisson is a planned community with the rare HOA, but I believe that it is for SFH portions of the community.

There's also something like these condo properties in the Erie Village community(keep the HOA in mind with the taxes): S1013645 (actually East Syracuse-Minoa Schools)

S1008485

http://idx.cedarbayrealestate.com/idx/details/listing/b017/S356529/96-Midlake-Circle

Erie Village is very close to this shopping center in Fayetteville: Towne Center at Fayetteville |

More Erie Village: Erie Village

ES-M Schools, while not as highly regarded as the other Eastern suburban SD's(J-D and F-M), they are still pretty and a lot of that has to do with the district offering more Special Ed programming, along with other pretty good programs. This illustrates what I'm referring to and this isn't to disparage any SD mentioned: https://www.google.com/amp/www.syrac...?client=safari

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 12-15-2016 at 07:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 02:18 PM

Another potential option: Clay Liverpool, NY Apartments for Rent | Rivers Pointe Apartments

Old 12-17-2016, 12:28 PM

51 posts, read 45,913 times
I appreciate these. However, only one of them seem to work (Radisson). As I mentioned, I have two dogs and it is the only place that allows for them. Also, I would likely need 3 bedrooms. Moreover, there is a chance my mother in law may be coming up with us, since I have a fairly young infant, and she would make the move a lot easier on all (plus she would want to come)! If this scenario pans out, I think anything with less than 2k sq feet would be a no go (unless I rented her a 1br and we got an adjacent 3 :P ) - Not a first choice, but a possibility at the prices displayed...

Finally, and perhaps this sounds a bit snobbish, but if we are going to rent, I guess we would want something a bit newer and on the nicer end...

Old 12-17-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I appreciate these. However, only one of them seem to work (Radisson). As I mentioned, I have two dogs and it is the only place that allows for them. Also, I would likely need 3 bedrooms. Moreover, there is a chance my mother in law may be coming up with us, since I have a fairly young infant, and she would make the move a lot easier on all (plus she would want to come)! If this scenario pans out, I think anything with less than 2k sq feet would be a no go (unless I rented her a 1br and we got an adjacent 3 :P ) - Not a first choice, but a possibility at the prices displayed...

Finally, and perhaps this sounds a bit snobbish, but if we are going to rent, I guess we would want something a bit newer and on the nicer end...
High Acres allows dogs(I think it has a Dog Park) and has 3 bedroom townhomes(one is currently available).

If you want something newer, then look into Timber Banks or some of the other complexes along/near Route 31(Clay and B'ville area(inc. Radisson)). There are some in Camillus at Township 5 as well. Check size and number of bedrooms though.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:05 PM

I will definitely check those out.

On a side note, any comments on Cicero?

Old 12-17-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I will definitely check those out.

On a side note, any comments on Cicero?
It is a growing town. Most of it is in the North Syracuse SD, which is generally fine/good. It is the second biggest SD in the area. Some of the town around/in Brewerton(CDP) is in the Central Square SD(again a solid SD).

Further north gets more snowfall on average. Plenty of shopping along Route 11/Brewerton Road in the town, with some along Route 31 near C-NS High School.

There are some newer homes in nearby areas of Clay north of I-481, west of Route 11 and south of Route 31 that may be with a look as well(13104 zip code).

Old 12-17-2016, 07:09 PM

How much of a dip is it from the other towns we have been discussing? I have seen a couple of fairly new homes at very low prices there (and with very low taxes too). Is it the same town as Clay? I am a bit confused; although again, with Clay I had seen some nice properties there too.

In these cases, the further south the better?

Old 12-17-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
How much of a dip is it from the other towns we have been discussing? I have seen a couple of fairly new homes at very low prices there (and with very low taxes too). Is it the same town as Clay? I am a bit confused; although again, with Clay I had seen some nice properties there too.

In these cases, the further south the better?
A dip in terms of what? These places are still solidly middle class and while the schools aren't F-M or J-D in terms of reputation, they are still solid, good school districts. What you mentioned in terms of prices and taxes is a big reason why these areas have grown in terms of population. Given that the Northern suburbs have more people than the other suburban areas, it has plenty of retail and activities for families as well.

Clay is a separate town adjacent to Cicero to the west. It is the biggest town in the area outside of the city of Syracuse in terms of population.

The further south, the less snowfall on average.

Old 12-18-2016, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
A dip in terms of what? These places are still solidly middle class and while the schools aren't F-M or J-D in terms of reputation, they are still solid, good school districts. What you mentioned in terms of prices and taxes is a big reason why these areas have grown in terms of population. Given that the Northern suburbs have more people than the other suburban areas, it has plenty of retail and activities for families as well.

Clay is a separate town adjacent to Cicero to the west. It is the biggest town in the area outside of the city of Syracuse in terms of population.

The further south, the less snowfall on average.
Here are the areas I'm referring to: 13039 Zip Code - USA.comâ„¢ (North Syracuse Schools)

13041 Zip Code - USA.comâ„¢ (either North Syracuse or Liverpool Schools, depending upon where you live in the zip code)

13029 Zip Code - USA.comâ„¢ (primarily Central Square Schools, with maybe a portion in North Syracuse Schools)

The zip code just west of 13041(Liverpool Schools): 13090 Zip Code - USA.comâ„¢

The zip that covers the Baldwinsville area: 13027 Zip Code - USA.comâ„¢

Some other zips, just to give a frame of reference: 13066 Zip Code - USA.comâ„¢ (primarily F-M Schools, with a portion in J-D Schools and maybe a small portion in ES-M Schools)

13104 Zip Code - USA.comâ„¢ (primarily F-M Schools, parts may be in Cazenovia, J-D or Fabius-Pompey Schools)

13116 Zip Code - USA.comâ„¢ (ES-M Schools)

13057 Zip Code - USA.comâ„¢ (ES-M Schools)

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 12-18-2016 at 06:47 AM..

Old 12-18-2016, 06:54 AM

I meant in terms of quality. In other words (as difficult to quantify as it may be) if we agreed that FM is a 10 and JD is a 9, would Cicero be a 7/8 or a 5. My knowledge in these terms is fairly limited to what I read online, therefore these fora provide a great opportunity to get some real insight from citizens of these towns. While Cicero had never been on my radar, and Clay was not on any of the lists that were recommended to me, finding some interesting properties really peaked my interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area