Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 06:48 PM

9 posts, read 7,261 times

Advertisements

My job is relocating me to the Liverpool ny office..I've never been to syracuse or liverpool...need some guidance. .I am a divorced black American woman.looking to start over fresh.and on my own .. plz advise

Last edited by Amazing121; 12-08-2016 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: Missed spelled words
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 07:24 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,815,321 times
I would post this in the Syracuse specific forum. Is there anything specific you are looking for, or just a general overview?

Old 12-09-2016, 04:08 PM

93,165 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt87 View Post
I would post this in the Syracuse specific forum. Is there anything specific you are looking for, or just a general overview?
This....If this is a legitimate request, the Greater Liverpool area(essentially the school district which includes parts of the towns of Clay and Salina) would be a good choice. I'd say if you want something within the city, the East Side or Downtown would likely be the best bets, with some other areas being possibilities. In terms of other suburban areas, the North Syracuse area/SD, the Eastern suburbs(particularly DeWitt) and parts of the town of Onondaga(Onondaga Hill, near Western Lights/Winkworth, etc.) and maybe a few others may work.

Old 12-10-2016, 12:23 PM

It's legitimate...I'm just looking for guidance like i said.Don't wanna walk into town totally blind.I've heard that syracuse was pretty rough especially if u don't know your way around. .I applied for a few apartments in liverpool (buckley park, Candlelight, brockwood) and was approved instantly !! But everything looks good on the Internet. My budget is 700 .. maybe 800 per month.and that's for a 2 bdrm. .I really can use a 1 bdrm. But i will see...plus I will be needing to get to a used car dealerships asap. Because I see that there is no mass transit in syracuse/liverpool. I seen some apts in Ballantyne apts.Goin for 505.00 for 1 bdrm & 630.00 for 2 bdrms. EVERYTHING included..I'm on a budget but I don't wanna live in GUNSMOKE CITY.plz help..
PSS..I'M NEW AT POSTING ON THIS SITE.

Old 12-10-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing121 View Post
It's legitimate...I'm just looking for guidance like i said.Don't wanna walk into town totally blind.I've heard that syracuse was pretty rough especially if u don't know your way around. .I applied for a few apartments in liverpool (buckley park, Candlelight, brockwood) and was approved instantly !! But everything looks good on the Internet. My budget is 700 .. maybe 800 per month.and that's for a 2 bdrm. .I really can use a 1 bdrm. But i will see...plus I will be needing to get to a used car dealerships asap. Because I see that there is no mass transit in syracuse/liverpool. I seen some apts in Ballantyne apts.Goin for 505.00 for 1 bdrm & 630.00 for 2 bdrms. EVERYTHING included..I'm on a budget but I don't wanna live in GUNSMOKE CITY.plz help..
PSS..I'M NEW AT POSTING ON THIS SITE.
Syracuse has a range of neighborhoods in the good/bad spectrum. Liverpool is a suburban area that is generally fine.

There is the CENTRO bus system, but if one is going to depend on it, I say to plan/look strategically. https://www.centro.org/service_sched...nondaga-county

Where in the Liverpool area would you be working in?

Buckley Park are on Morgan Road, while the other 2 are in the Candlelight Lane area. That area has a range of apartments that have a range of people. So, it may be a matter of where you look in that area.

A no for Ballyntyne Gardens, even though the further south you go in that area, the better. Plus, that is across town.

If you want the Liverpool area, these may work as well: Apartments Liverpool NY | Buckley Apartments

Brentwood Village Apartments – Spacious Apartments in Liverpool, N.Y.

The Willows - Pascarella Property Management

ABC Estates - Liverpool, NY | Apartment Finder

Pearl Street | Dawn Homes Management

https://siara.eresidentportal.com/ap...x?RMPROPID=NSA
Amenities & Attractions | Norstar Apartments - Liverpool, NY

More: Wood wind Gardens Apartments - Floor Plans (in North Syracuse)

Unit Types | Clay Court Apartments

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 12-10-2016 at 01:25 PM..

Old 12-10-2016, 01:10 PM

I will be working over on 7th north street...buckley apts seem to be ok.(from the Internet )...730.00 for 2 bdrms ..1200 feet of space.do u have any info buckley apartments...are they safe !!

Old 12-10-2016, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I will be working over on 7th north street...buckley apts seem to be ok.(from the Internet )...730.00 for 2 bdrms ..1200 feet of space.do u have any info buckley apartments...are they safe !!
As far as I know, yes. They were older apartments that had a fire a couple of years ago in a portion of the complex, but were remodeled and reopened again. It is near a busy intersection and has a bus stop not even a block away. You could at least walk to work, if you wanted to. However, as a notification, there aren't any sidewalks on 7th North. It is an area with quite a few hotels, some restaurants, gas stations, a farm stand/ice cream place and a business park.

You wouldn't be far from DestinyUSA, shopping on Route 11 or even the village of Liverpool. This is where having a car would be needed in the latter 2 instances.

Where would you be coming from? As this could possibly help give an idea about the area in relation to where you are now.

Old 12-10-2016, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
As far as I know, yes. They were older apartments that had a fire a couple of years ago in a portion of the complex, but were remodeled and reopened again. It is near a busy intersection and has a bus stop not even a block away. You could at least walk to work, if you wanted to. However, as a notification, there aren't any sidewalks on 7th North. It is an area with quite a few hotels, some restaurants, gas stations, a farm stand/ice cream place and a business park.

You wouldn't be far from DestinyUSA, shopping on Route 11 or even the village of Liverpool. This is where having a car would be needed in the latter 2 instances.

Where would you be coming from? As this could possibly help give an idea about the area in relation to where you are now.
If it is where i think it is, I would say that you may like something on the East Side as well. You have the familiar college presence and a diverse range of people. It wouldn't be similar to the area of the Bronx you are coming from, but I would think that it is an area that is more in line with what you are used to.

Also, are there any activities or interests that you have that you may what to get involved with in the area? For instance, this may be another reason to consider that side of town, as you have cultural offerings like these things here: Community Folk Art Center

Wacheva Cultural Arts | Central New York's Premiere Multicultural Dance & Drum Organization

The Paul Robeson Performing Arts Company

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 12-10-2016 at 03:47 PM..

Old 12-10-2016, 04:46 PM

Buckley apts seem to close to my job.So I think that will be my first choice as for the eastside I can drive over as needed.I just wanna live away from the noise and night life.My job and a place of worship are my only priority.The bronx has given me enough noise.I'm just looking for the simple pleasure that life has to offer.

Old 12-10-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Buckley apts seem to close to my job.So I think that will be my first choice as for the eastside I can drive over as needed.I just wanna live away from the noise and night life.My job and a place of worship are my only priority.The bronx has given me enough noise.I'm just looking for the simple pleasure that life has to offer.
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of place of worship are you looking for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area