Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 10:11 AM

60 posts, read 48,411 times

Advertisements

Joel Skousen (Strategic Relocation Book), a great man of our times mentioned that Clay, NY has the lowest crime rate in the USA...and with the great housing prices....I am considering Clay, NY over some of the nicer areas close to the city of Syracuse, like Sedgwick, etc....

My question...what is it like in Clay, NY?

I am at the point in my life where all I want is to read my Bible, relax, and take it easy.

Thanks !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 12:10 PM

93,185 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Clay is fine. Anything else?

Old 07-01-2017, 02:57 PM

not too boring? Clay?

Old 07-01-2017, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Joey A View Post
not too boring? Clay?
Pretty much typical suburbia. Biggest town in area outside of Syracuse.

Old 07-02-2017, 01:47 AM

Rank these for me: Clay or Sedgwick or Meadowbrook or Dewitt or Fayettville Manluis?

Old 07-02-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Rank these for me: Clay or Sedgwick or Meadowbrook or Dewitt or Fayettville Manluis?
It is tough to do, as what would the rankings be based off of? All of them are generally nice, but it may be a matter of what you are looking for in a community.

They also vary greatly in terms of size/population. Clay has a little under 60,000 people, while Sedgwick is a neighborhood with about say 4000 people or so. So, that is something to consider as well.

Old 07-02-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
It is tough to do, as what would the rankings be based off of? All of them are generally nice, but it may be a matter of what you are looking for in a community.

They also vary greatly in terms of size/population. Clay has a little under 60,000 people, while Sedgwick is a neighborhood with about say 4000 people or so. So, that is something to consider as well.
thanks.

Rank them on where you would want to live right now....quality of life, for you.

Old 07-02-2017, 06:07 PM

Quote:
thanks.

Rank them on where you would want to live right now....quality of life, for you.
To be honest, I can't do that. All of them have or are nice areas that I would personally live in.

What I'm trying to do is to find out is if there is something else that could play a part in the decision, as that could set one apart from the others.

Also, what about budget? That could also play a big part in terms of what you can buy in these areas.

To bring it back to Clay, I'd say that the Caughdenoy Road area up to Route 31 in eastern Clay(North Syracuse Schools), the Buckley Road area(parts are in the Liverpool or North Syracuse SD's), perhaps the Kimbrook area just west of Route 57 and south of Route 31/east of Gaskin Road(Baldwinsville Schools), the Soule Road area(Liverpool Schools), the Bear Road area in between Buckley Road and Taft Road(I believe parts are in Liverpool or North Syracuse Schools) and the Henry Clay Road area north of the apartments on that road to around the YMCA(parts are in Liverpool or North Syracuse Schools) are some parts of the town that I would look into.

As mentioned, Clay is a big town and there is quite a bit of shopping in the town as well. Some information: Welcome to the Town of Clay | Town of Clay

Route 31 big box shopping corridor includes a Wegmans, COR Center, etc: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1855...7i13312!8i6656

John Glenn Wegmans, with more shopping further north on Route 57, with some to the south as well: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1349...7i13312!8i6656

Taft Road Wegmans, with some more shopping further east going towards the village of North Syracuse: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1218...7i13312!8i6656

This area while in the town of Cicero, is close to the area of eastern Clay that I mentioned earlier(and yes, another Wegmans among other stores): https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1559...7i13312!8i6656

Old 07-04-2017, 09:09 AM

Also, for those that may be interested in Clay and schools are a part of the equation, most of the town is covered by the Liverpool and North Syracuse school districts, but there are also parts of the town that are covered by the Baldwinsville(the previously mentioned area), Central Square and Phoenix school districts(both in the northern end of the town, as both are based in Oswego County).

Old 07-04-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
To be honest, I can't do that. All of them have or are nice areas that I would personally live in.

What I'm trying to do is to find out is if there is something else that could play a part in the decision, as that could set one apart from the others.

Also, what about budget? That could also play a big part in terms of what you can buy in these areas.

To bring it back to Clay, I'd say that the Caughdenoy Road area up to Route 31 in eastern Clay(North Syracuse Schools), the Buckley Road area(parts are in the Liverpool or North Syracuse SD's), perhaps the Kimbrook area just west of Route 57 and south of Route 31/east of Gaskin Road(Baldwinsville Schools), the Soule Road area(Liverpool Schools), the Bear Road area in between Buckley Road and Taft Road(I believe parts are in Liverpool or North Syracuse Schools) and the Henry Clay Road area north of the apartments on that road to around the YMCA(parts are in Liverpool or North Syracuse Schools) are some parts of the town that I would look into.

As mentioned, Clay is a big town and there is quite a bit of shopping in the town as well. Some information: Welcome to the Town of Clay | Town of Clay

Route 31 big box shopping corridor includes a Wegmans, COR Center, etc: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1855...7i13312!8i6656

John Glenn Wegmans, with more shopping further north on Route 57, with some to the south as well: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1349...7i13312!8i6656

Taft Road Wegmans, with some more shopping further east going towards the village of North Syracuse: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1218...7i13312!8i6656

This area while in the town of Cicero, is close to the area of eastern Clay that I mentioned earlier(and yes, another Wegmans among other stores): https://www.google.com/maps/@43.1559...7i13312!8i6656
Thanks for the post.

Can't wait to move back in the next 1-5 years. That is the final destination for me. A great city like Syracuse with a good cost of living, low crime, four seasons, big time university, and great restaurants...especially the Italian food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area