Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 07:59 PM

93,231 posts, read 123,842,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxmansnyder View Post
Not a house as concern at the moment as we are under contract. I drive to Syracuse for the home inspection this weekend.

Trying to determine the lease cost of where I set up a bagel-artisan bread shop. Looking in the North Syracuse area has resulted in rather high rents from what I could find for a retail place.
Is this within the village of North Syracuse or is this including the surrounding area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 09:36 AM

47 posts, read 51,683 times
Honestly, I can't tell from descriptions I read. There's too many places that seem to run into one another and go by multiple names. North Syracuse, Village of North Syracuse, Salina, Cicero, and such all seem to run into one another from the viewpoint of someone who is not familiar with the area. Even the house we are under contract with is said to be in Bridgeport, yet somehow also North Syracuse. It all seems to fluid and not delineated enough to an outsider such as me.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Honestly, I can't tell from descriptions I read. There's too many places that seem to run into one another and go by multiple names. North Syracuse, Village of North Syracuse, Salina, Cicero, and such all seem to run into one another from the viewpoint of someone who is not familiar with the area. Even the house we are under contract with is said to be in Bridgeport, yet somehow also North Syracuse. It all seems to fluid and not delineated enough to an outsider such as me.
A lot of that could be due to if municipality/place, zip code or school district is used. You can live in Bridgeport(cdp-census designated place) in the town of Cicero in the North Syracuse Central school district. Bridgeport, NY - USA.comâ„¢

North Syracuse Central School District - USA.comâ„¢

North Syracuse is a village, but zip code 13212 is viewed as being a North Syracuse zip code. That zip code covers parts of towns outside of village limits as well. 13212 Zip Code - USA.comâ„¢

Salina and Clay are also town(ships), that have portions in the North Syracuse SD(the eastern portions of those towns).

Old 09-23-2017, 07:54 PM

So, have you been able to look at some of the places suggested for the bagel shop?

Old 09-26-2017, 05:36 PM

Not as yet. I needed to drive to Syracuse for the home inspection for the house we had a contract on. It was not a good inspection.

Old 09-26-2017, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Not as yet. I needed to drive to Syracuse for the home inspection for the house we had a contract on. It was not a good inspection.
So, do you know what the next step is going to be? Are any of the other homes you viewed still on the market?

Old 09-27-2017, 09:07 AM

Found one in the Bayberry area. Offer going in today thanks to our realtor being kind and doing a virtual walkthrough with me yesterday via FB. I'll drive down when the offer is accepted and the home inspection occurs.

Downside is that its close to two other bagel shops, so not very likely for me to open one near them. Although, perhaps one will hire me. Uncertain.

Old 09-27-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Found one in the Bayberry area. Offer going in today thanks to our realtor being kind and doing a virtual walkthrough with me yesterday via FB. I'll drive down when the offer is accepted and the home inspection occurs.

Downside is that its close to two other bagel shops, so not very likely for me to open one near them. Although, perhaps one will hire me. Uncertain.
Good...Perhaps there is a space down Route 57 in the village of Liverpool that may work. Baldwinsville and even North Syracuse are a couple of villages not too far away as well.

Old 10-02-2017, 07:49 PM

There is space for rent near a Family Dollar in Liverpool. Not certain about the area, but price seems good for a 1200 sq ft space. There's another 1,300 sq ft space near John Glenn Blvd (?) that also seems good, but it closer to the competition of Brueggers and Bagelicious.

Old 10-02-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
There is space for rent near a Family Dollar in Liverpool. Not certain about the area, but price seems good for a 1200 sq ft space. There's another 1,300 sq ft space near John Glenn Blvd (?) that also seems good, but it closer to the competition of Brueggers and Bagelicious.
Here is a street view: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.0940...7i13312!8i6656

It is in a busy area that could attract quite a few customers and there really isn't an artisan bagel shop in that area. I think the closest place to that area in terms of getting a bagel is a new Dunkin Donuts(like we really need another one) in the village of Liverpool and another one on 7th North Street. So, that may be a better location for your shop, in comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area