Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2018, 08:54 AM

9 posts, read 7,512 times

Advertisements

Howdy!

I'm a prospective undergraduate transfer student in search of some general information on SUNY Cortland course schedules, specifically for the Adolescent Education: English faction, but for Cortland courses overall.

I've searched the site to no avail, typically receiving errors on archived and current course schedules.

My question is for current or former SUNY Cortland students and/or admin: When do the majority of classes start and end for undergrads? Not the term, but literally the times during the day and frequency of sessions throughout the week (MTWRF).

If accepted, a big decision for me would be whether or not to commute to Cortland from East Syracuse in order to keep my current job, which pays very well, or to look for a job in Cortland or Ithaca where I could work part-time on weekends and some evenings. Therefore I'd like to know when most classes are in session. Are they Monday through Friday for the most part? Mornings, early afternoons, early evenings? Is it possible to group classes on certain days (MWF)?

Knowing would allow me to present a hypothetical schedule to my current employer to see if they could accommodate my new schedule, or present an estimation of availability to a new employer.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 10:21 AM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times
This allows you to view information by department and has hours listed: https://banner.cortland.edu/pls/prod...b.course_sched

Hope this helps...

Old 09-30-2018, 09:41 PM

9 posts, read 7,512 times
Thanks ckhthankgod,

I've seen that page and tried several times to use it but it always gives me an error message when I put in the course number. I've tried every combination, but the site page seems a bit buggy. Most colleges have a course schedule PDF or hardcopy that lists literally every course and the times/days offered all in one place. If that doesn't exist, I'm hoping students or admin can tell me what to expect.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:44 AM

93,326 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarmer28 View Post
Thanks ckhthankgod,

I've seen that page and tried several times to use it but it always gives me an error message when I put in the course number. I've tried every combination, but the site page seems a bit buggy. Most colleges have a course schedule PDF or hardcopy that lists literally every course and the times/days offered all in one place. If that doesn't exist, I'm hoping students or admin can tell me what to expect.
Search by department or course activity. It will show times and what classes still have seats available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area