Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2012, 08:51 PM

92,012 posts, read 122,107,559 times

Advertisements

syracuse.com : Developers pitch plans for Syracuse Inner Harbor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 12:12 PM

162 posts, read 273,325 times
Photos of construction for the new apartments in the Label Shopper Building. Most interesting piece of information: Ground floor retail tenant will be a Nike store. Big news for South Salina

New Apartments in the Label Shopper Building | syracuse.com

Old 01-11-2012, 01:33 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,574 times
I'm curious as to whether this is a full-line Nike Store or a Factory Store. I seriously doubt its a Niketown or a full-line store as the storefront doesn't appear large enough to accomdote such an operation very few non-major cities have those stores outside of shopping malls. The smallest city I could find with a downtown store was Portland, OR. Even if its only an outlet store, the decision by Nike to locate an outlet in downtown Syracuse as opposed to greasy Bob Congel's Carousel Center which has been actively courting outlet stores is very interesting.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post
I'm curious as to whether this is a full-line Nike Store or a Factory Store. I seriously doubt its a Niketown or a full-line store as the storefront doesn't appear large enough to accomdote such an operation very few non-major cities have those stores outside of shopping malls. The smallest city I could find with a downtown store was Portland, OR. Even if its only an outlet store, the decision by Nike to locate an outlet in downtown Syracuse as opposed to greasy Bob Congel's Carousel Center which has been actively courting outlet stores is very interesting.
True, given that there is a shoe store not even a block away.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:46 PM

84 posts, read 124,382 times
I've thrown together a quick map of some of the development projects going on in and around downtown Syracuse. There is a link to more information, such as press releases or developer websites, with each one. I'll be adding some pictures to each as I get a chance.

Syracuse Development - Google Maps

If you see any projects missing or any information that isn't correct, just let me know and I'll fix the map.

Last edited by Tyrosine; 01-12-2012 at 03:07 PM..

Old 01-12-2012, 03:39 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,847,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrosine View Post
I've thrown together a quick map of some of the development projects going on in and around downtown Syracuse. There is a link to more information, such as press releases or developer websites, with each one. I'll be adding some pictures to each as I get a chance.

If you see any projects missing or any information that isn't correct, just let me know and I'll fix the map.
Great job!! Nice to see that the majority of projects are underway or completed. Its a far cry from just a few years ago.

Loguen Crossing: I see you have it labeled as underconstruction (red). Shouldn't it be blue until it is underway summer? I see you have the Biotechnology Research Center labeled correctly. Or, are you combining the two?

SUNY Upstate Expansion: I knew about the Townsend and Harrison tower redevelopments and Loguen Crossing, but I had no idea all that was is their master plan.

I looking forward to the pics. Again, great job!

Old 01-12-2012, 03:59 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,574 times
Quote:

Excellent map. I would also add the condo conversion of the Syracuse Trust Company Building at 325 South Salina Street.

Syracuse Trust Building Condos | Pemco Group Inc. | Syracuse NY

You may or may not want to add the proposal to renovate the former St. Patrick's School at 300 N. Lowell Avenue on Tipperary Hill into market rate apartments. Aside from an article announcing the very preliminary plans in May, this project appears to have gone nowhere.
Vacant St. Patrick's school on Syracuse's Tipperary Hill could become apartments | syracuse.com

Does anyone know what happened to the Hurbson Building renovation? The project seems to have stalled despite receiving an overly generous state grant that covers more than 20% of total project costs.

Armory Square project begins on conversion of Hurbson Building | syracuse.com

Old 01-12-2012, 05:18 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,986,133 times
Quote:

Not sure how far into SU Hill stuff you wanted to go, but you may wish to add the apartments going up along Henry Street above Renwick (SU-related), the Gateway Building at ESF (optimistically opening this summer - shameless plug), and tentatively though I don't have details ready for release quite yet, the new Academic Research Building at ESF (planned, if memory serves, for the eastern half of the Standart parking lot, next to Centennial Hall).

Campus West apartments: Campus West -- Syracuse, NY
Gateway building (not much detail, but with construction webcam): SUNY-ESF: Gateway Building

There'll be a page... soon... on the last building. I've got some details on that waiting signoff before those get released publicly.

Last edited by acknight; 01-12-2012 at 05:19 PM.. Reason: forgot to complete a sentence, d'oh!

Old 01-12-2012, 05:36 PM

84 posts, read 124,382 times
I've incorporated everyone's suggestions and comments. I also added a few more buildings as I've gone along. I'll keep updating as new things are announced.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:06 PM

You might want to add this too: Syracuse College of Law :: Dineen Hall

and this: http://saltdistrict.com/2010/10/linc...salt-district/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area