Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2013, 12:32 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,864,912 times

Advertisements

Per syracuse.com, "Store Front" will have an update on Township 5 this Sunday (see last paragraph)

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...l#incart_river

Last edited by urbanplanner; 09-06-2013 at 12:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 12:59 PM

93,188 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanplanner View Post
Per syracuse.com, "Store Front" will have an update on Township 5 this Sunday (see last paragraph)

Revolutions at Destiny USA in Syracuse to hire more than 130 people | syracuse.com
Since this company is based in FL, do you know if both places are popular down there?

Old 09-06-2013, 01:09 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,619,001 times
Former Birds Eye plant closer to having a new tenant - YNN

Old 09-06-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Since this company is based in FL, do you know if both places are popular down there?
The closest Frank Theatres CineBowl & Grille locations to me are in Bonita Springs (Fort Myers area) and Venice (Sarasota area) which are not that close, so I am not sure. Most other locations are in Broward County and Palm Beach County in south Florida.

Revolutions is fun and very popular, there is one here in Orlando and is always packed. I suspect that these establishments are locating in Syracuse because of the number of people who travel to Florida and are familiar with them, plus the increasing foot traffic that Destiny offers.

Last edited by urbanplanner; 09-06-2013 at 01:36 PM..

Old 09-06-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Not sure, the closest Frank Theatres CineBowl & Grille locations to me are in Bonita Springs (Fort Myers area) and Venice (Sarasota area) which are not that close. Most other locations are in Broward County and Palm Beach County in south Florida. Revolutions is fun and very popular, there is one in Orlando and West Palm Beach in south Florida. I am getting the impression that these establishments are locating in Syracuse because of the number of people who travel to Florida and are familiar with them, plus the increasing foot traffic that Destiny offers.
Good point about the people that travel back and forth between here and FL. Given Destiny's popularity with Canadians, maybe word will travel over there as well. I looked at the website and noticed that there are only a few other Revolutions locations and a handful of Franks Theatres along the East Coast. So, it will be interesting to see how both locations will do up here.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyce View Post
That sounds like good news for a city that has been maligned with the loss of manufacturing jobs over the past few decades. Hopefully, it will be sooner rather than later.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Good point about the people that travel back and forth between here and FL. Given Destiny's popularity with Canadians, maybe word will travel over there as well. I looked at the website and noticed that there are only a few other Revolutions locations and a handful of Franks Theatres along the East Coast. So, it will be interesting to see how both locations will do up here.
Good point on Canadians, esp. those that travel to the west coast of Florida. It will be interesting to see how Allegiant Air (and jetblue) impacts these new venues to Syracuse considering the number of travelers to Florida. I am looking forward to the Township 5 update this Sunday.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:52 PM

Looking forward to visiting, great photo below (nice contrast):

SUNY ESF's Gateway Center features unique look and high-tech power plant | syracuse.com

Old 09-08-2013, 08:51 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,997,025 times
Quote:

Revolutions at Destiny USA in Syracuse to hire more than 130 people | syracuse.com
Update, summarized: still on track to break ground this year, Costco mid-next year. Township 5 in Camillus will break ground this year with Costco to open next summer | syracuse.com

Old 09-09-2013, 09:06 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
I hope the new owner of Shoppingtown can turn things around there. It has so much potential and if they can get the right businesses there, it could become vibrant again.
Without the new owner coming forward, there's no reason to stay. All that's known is that the property was auctioned off. Never a good sign. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the place cleared out and became a ghost town unfortunately. Malls in general are dying all over the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area