Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2009, 09:17 AM

17 posts, read 50,949 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I've made my move to Syracuse and am staying in a hotel a few nights with my dad before he flies back home and I move into my apartment.

We've been looking for places to eat lunch/dinner over the last couple of days but always end up at the Ruby Tuesday near our hotel because we really just have no clue where to go and what's good.

We checked out the Dinosaur BBQ place downtown on Sunday, but there was an hour wait about 1.5hrs before they closed, so we decided to maybe check it out another time.

Any suggestions for a fun place w/ good food, not overly fancy or expensive, that you can also get a cold beer at?

-Matt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 01:30 PM

61 posts, read 212,279 times
Dominicks Italian Restaurant off of Teal Ave.

www.dominicksrestaurant.net

Old 12-29-2009, 06:50 AM

125 posts, read 433,043 times
Tully's is a fun place...there's one on Route 11 in NorthSyracuse and there's on on 7th North Street in Liverpool, right off Route 81.
As for the Dino, myy best suggestion is to go on a Monday night or any other night before 5 or 5:30 at the latest

Old 12-30-2009, 12:46 PM

93,208 posts, read 123,819,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stapletonb4 View Post
Tully's is a fun place...there's one on Route 11 in NorthSyracuse and there's on on 7th North Street in Liverpool, right off Route 81.
As for the Dino, myy best suggestion is to go on a Monday night or any other night before 5 or 5:30 at the latest
I agree with Tully's and I think the closest one to the OP would be the one on Erie Boulevard East near Chuck-E-Cheese. You would take Thompson Road south. That's the road where you drive around Carrier Circle and just head south on Thompson Rd./Route 598 South. Tully's is a Sports Bar/Restaurant with plenty of games on and a bar.

Another spot might be Fresno's in North Syracuse on the corner of Taft and Brewerton Roads. To get ther, just take 298 East to Northern Boulevard. Then, take a left onto Taft Road. When you approach Brewerton Road/Route 11, it will be on your left. It's a Tex-Mex type of restaurant with a bar.

Also, for those that don't know, there is a Ruby Tuesday's near Justin's Grill off of Court St. Road where all of the hotels near Carrier Circle are located.

Dominick's would work, as would Pizzeria UNO in Fayetteville at the Towne Centre. To get there, you could take Route 298 East to Route 481 South. Get off at the Fayetteville exit and go East on Route 5 to the Towne Centre. TGI Friday's in Shoppingtown Mall might be good too.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:03 PM

28 posts, read 64,789 times
The Mission Restaurant Downtown The Mission

Blue Tusk of Central NY

www.bluetusk.com
165 Walton Street
Syracuse, NY 13202-1224
(315) 472-1934

Pastabilities
[SIZE=1] 311 South Franklin Street
Syracuse, New York 13202-1239

My personal Fav!!
Alto Cinco Menu - SYRACUSE, NY 13210: Syracuse University Alto Cinco
[/SIZE]
Alto Cinco

526 Westcott St
SYRACUSE, NY 13210
(315) 422-6399

Old 03-02-2010, 05:09 PM

28 posts, read 64,789 times
Default Resturant's above

The listings I gave you are all local businesses, not chain corps. Like Tully's or Fresno's (no offense to anyone's suggestions) They offer great service, with a friendly and personal atmosphere. Of all the places Pasta's is most expensive. The Tusk has great signature sandwiches and a selection of over 200 beer's on tap. Both the Mission and Alto's are the best Tex-mex/Pan American Restaurant's in town. Although the parking for the mission would be the most difficult because the courthouse is nearby. Good luck and enjoy!!!

Old 03-02-2010, 05:27 PM

93,208 posts, read 123,819,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelynnA View Post
The listings I gave you are all local businesses, not chain corps. Like Tully's or Fresno's (no offense to anyone's suggestions) They offer great service, with a friendly and personal atmosphere. Of all the places Pasta's is most expensive. The Tusk has great signature sandwiches and a selection of over 200 beer's on tap. Both the Mission and Alto's are the best Tex-mex/Pan American Restaurant's in town. Although the parking for the mission would be the most difficult because the courthouse is nearby. Good luck and enjoy!!!
Actually, Tully's has offices in East Syracuse and the Fresno's in North Syracuse is the only one left. Both are still corporate though.

La Delicias on Westcott is alright too.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:45 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,997,263 times
Add two more to your list...

Ilario's Trattoria (N. State Street, near St. Joseph's Hospital near Little Italy) and Dolce Vita World Bistro and Bar, on E. Genesee Street across the street from Syracuse Stage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area