Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:06 PM

4 posts, read 13,709 times

Advertisements

My father worked at the dispensary. I remember riding the bus and playing football with Ricky Jones, Ricky Schaeffer, Donald and Ronald Day, Alvin Miller, Tim Case, Ricky Seahorn, Pete Canavino (sorry if I misspelled the last names), Bob Bobbitt, Bobby Jones, Larry Hill, and Terry Brown and many others. One night, on the way to the theater to see "One Hundred and One Dalmatians" I slipped on the ice, broke an incisor in half and took five stitches in my lower lip. Twenty-five years later, I finally got to see the movie. It was ok, but it was not worth busting my mouth over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 01:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,162 times
Default Stationed at Hancock Field

When I came to Hancock Field, I was the first new person on the flight line. In fact not many people then knew the regular Air Force had a flight line. My name is Ed Bodensick. I didn't know a lot of people other than the few that worked with me. I was there from 1973 through 1975. I was a crew chief and worked on T-33's. It was a nice base and I really enjoyed my time there. If anyone remembers me let me know. I dated a girl named Bambi who worked at the Norad building. She had to leave to go back to Florida because her boa constrictor caught a cold. I helped put the airplane on the pole. We would play soft ball in the summer. It was a lot of fun for me.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:39 PM

2 posts, read 4,263 times
I was stationed at Hancock as a medic. I was there not too long ago. Very Sad. As a matter of fact I workd for Sgt Terry at the base dispensary. My name was Sgt. Elaine Pantusco

Old 04-01-2010, 04:03 PM

16 posts, read 110,021 times
Wow! I can't believe this thread I started a few years back is still going! That's great.

My dad, Tech. Sgt. George Gordon, was an airplane mechanic there during 1973-74. We lived on Montauk Circle and I remember walking to the base exchange with my mom and siblings. I went to Riordan Elementary during my fourth grade year when I had Ms. Grasse and Ms. Macko. I just saw where Ms. Grasse died about a year or so ago.

There are Facebook pages for both Hancock Field and Riordan Elementary School. (The links are elsewhere in this thread.) I believe the group on the Hancock Field Facebook page is planning a reunion some time this year.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:18 AM

125 posts, read 431,407 times
We are having a reunion in June..hope you can join us!!!

Old 04-16-2010, 05:19 AM

16 posts, read 110,021 times
Yes, I heard about the reunion in June from the Hancock Field Facebook page. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. Hopefully ya'll will be posting lotsa photos!!!

Old 04-16-2010, 07:55 AM

125 posts, read 431,407 times
you know it!

Old 05-27-2010, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 2,411 times
Default I am a Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by stapletonb4 View Post
Chakkuri-we lived on Montauk in the 70's also, 346 to be precise. I remember the Cases and the Fortiers, the other names that mfayard listed don't sound familiar. Some of my best memories are on that base and its very sad to see the state it is in...the bowling alley is gone, the O Club is gone, it's just sad....
So i got talking with some people about the base earlier today and dicided to look some stuff uo, when the first message i read was about the cases and the foriter... my grand father was ken case my dad his son dan. Also we know pauline and roger very well.. it was just kindda weird out of all the things i could find on here the first was about my family..

Old 09-20-2010, 12:30 PM

2 posts, read 4,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pausway View Post
I was there from around March of 1966 until July of 1967. When I shipped out to SEA for a year. In '68 I came back to the states and served in New Mexico until I was discharged in 1969.
Hancock was my first USAF assignment in August 1966, any luck finding base maps of that time frame? I'm getting sentimental in my old age.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:39 AM

92,212 posts, read 122,469,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpo1966 View Post
Hancock was my first USAF assignment in August 1966, any luck finding base maps of that time frame? I'm getting sentimental in my old age.
This might help: former Hancock Air Force Base (S.A.G.E. center 1959-81)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area